TURN OFF YOUR APP - 3:00 PM 9/25 TO 4:00 AM 9/28 - Be the solution

TxTech

Did you benefit from last weeks Uber Dallas driver protest? Probably not since Uber's response was targeted and benefited a select few. UberSUV do you feel you got a good deal? UberBlack do you like the deal you got? UberSelect, how do you like putting UberX riders in you luxury cars? UberXL do you feel left out? UberX would you like a rate increase? Then turn off your app at 3:00 PM on 9/25.

Be part of the solution or stop your @@@@@ing. BTW, I have had my app off since receiving the Uber email on Sept 17th.

Txchick

Did you benefit from last weeks Uber Dallas driver protest? Probably not since Uber's response was targeted and benefited a select few. UberSUV do you feel you got a good deal? UberBlack do you like the deal you got? UberSelect, how do you like putting UberX riders in you luxury cars? UberXL do you feel left out? UberX would you like a rate increase? Then turn off your app at 3:00 PM on 9/25.

Be part of the solution or stop your @@@@@ing. BTW, I have had my app off since receiving the Uber email on Sept 17th.
Well it would appear that Uber DFW Select/XL has formed their own FB group. I told them several days ago not fair they did not include X. There are more X drivers than Select/XL. Sigh...

DFW Uber XL/Select unite on FB

TxTech

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with you. When UberX gets higher fares we all benefit. I just felt like we got dropped in the grease by UberBlack last weekend.

Txchick

I agree with you. When UberX gets higher fares we all benefit. I just felt like we got dropped in the grease by UberBlack last weekend.
Yep! They folded like a fan. If Uber X rates are higher Uber Select especially would get more fares. Their is a huge price gap between X & Select. Lowers their business. Will not support their group of 41.

Bulls23

Btw, we should come up with an unified language for text messages to be sent to those who will accept requests during those ours. Any ideas?

andaas

If there is a FB group/page/whatever, that is a great start. Take that and get some real world meetings started. If we can get 100+ bodies to show up at the Uber offices, it will breath life into this and send a message, and (hopefully) get some press coverage. Press coverage = more drivers hear the message and will join = sending a stronger message.

The message needs to educate not only drivers, but passengers.

Passengers think every UberX driver is making $1500/week driving 2 hours Friday night and maybe 4 hours Saturday night. They read news about people making $2.64/hour, but can't believe that to be true because WHO IS STUPID ENOUGH TO DO THAT?!? It must be the press sensationalizing one person failed by the "Uber Economy".

Txchick

Well...have to do both. Go down to Uber office in numbers & shut off app.

MonsterGator

There are too many drivers in Dallas who are financing their cars through Uber or renting their car through Uber flexdrive that is almost impossible for X to strike and have any positive effect. the best way to deal with this situation is to stop driving for good. Besides, Uber irresponsible hiring culture and rate cuts has already made X unsustainable as source income. practically, we are just selling our car for nothing every mile we drive for uber while earning less than minimum wage. Uber is practically buying a customer base for the future by dumping money in $20 and $30 dollars free rides. Uber is not losing money, they are actually investing is the most important aspect of the business which is the customer base. The only way of stopping this giant is to somehow get a court order to shut down their network servers in Dallas and somehow push the mobile carriers to stop carrying the app, but this is just a far fetched dream. sadly, in this game, Uber has won.

Last edited:

kakepner

Well it would appear that Uber DFW Select/XL has formed their own FB group. I told them several days ago not fair they did not include X. There are more X drivers than Select/XL. Sigh...

DFW Uber XL/Select unite on FB
The group is more about finding all the xl and select drivers and to support the other groups. No one is excluding anyone. I started the group so we can be unified. And when x finally steps up to the plate to protest or strike our needs will be addressed as well. We are hand in hand with uber x we just don't want to be forced to pick up x rides. We are also all for fare increases for uber x as well as returning xl to 1.65 and select to 2.00.

So if x can organize with numbers strike and protest and get a sit down with corporate xl and select will have a representative as well.

Everyone got screwed. X got more drivers on the road and now have to compete with luxury vehicles which might raise expectations of pax,and xl and select drivers are forced to work at rates that cause us to lose money.

Last edited:

kakepner

We welcome anyone in the category so we can compile a wishlist of demands for when we all act. Because if one group strikes without the other then the other will benefit from the surge. We all need to work together even though our interests are different.

Txchick

The group is more about finding all the xl and select drivers and to support the other groups. No one is excluding anyone. I started the group so we can be unified. And when x finally steps up to the plate to protest or strike our needs will be addressed as well. We are hand in hand with uber x we just don't want to be forced to pick up x rides. We are also all for fare increases for uber x as well as returning xl to 1.65 and select to 2.00.

So if x can organize with numbers strike and protest and get a sit down with corporate xl and select will have a representative as well.

Everyone got screwed. X git more drivers on the road and now have to compete with luxury vehicles which might raise expectations of pax,and xl send select drivers are forced to work at rates that cause us to lose money.
Disagree with your statement.