1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Tuesday

Discussion in 'Boston' started by Majordis, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Majordis

Majordis

Driving:
    UberX
    Is anyone going to go to the State House in SUPPORT of Uber??

2. zbritt

zbritt

I wish I could make it but I'll be at my other job. Sounded worthwhile though.

3. BostonBarry

BostonBarry

Driving:
    Lyft
    I've been to the State House before to defend charity gaming and when I was a member if I.A.T.S.E. local 182, enjoy going. Actually going with the Lyft crowd, since I planned on driving the city for a short while Tuesday it is convenient.

4. Majordis

Majordis

Driving:
    UberX
    If you read the Uber Boston Partners Facebook page, a lot of Uber drivers are going to protest AGAINST Uber!

BostonTaxiDriver and BostonBarry like this.
  5. Ca$h4

Ca$h4

Anyone going to the hearings please bring up the fact that Uber is a THIEF. Uber tells passengers that tips are included, but Uber drivers never see any tips!!!!! Hope this issue of thievery is raised on tuesday.

Casuale Haberdasher likes this.
  6. BostonBarry

BostonBarry

Driving:
    Lyft
    No fan of Uber, but considering the hearing is relevant to how to regulate the insurance and licensing aspects of rideshare I would think how the companies treat their drivers would be irrelevant or cause enough discord to push toward the commercial licensing and insurance. Not to mention the "Tipping isn't necessary" is factually accurate, though cruel, and not really something the government would do anything about. My $0.02

7. Majordis

Majordis

Driving:
    UberX
    Being partially disabled, I can only drive for 2 - 3 hours a day. The money I earn driving Uber helps me pay for necessities. If they say we all have to all pay for our own commercial insurance, I won't be able to afford it. Uber was a God send for me, now it looks like it might go away.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015