TSC Update

Scottie B

Last night at the Crown doing a PJ I had the pleasure of being waved in by the TSC, they asked if I was a Uber driver, I replied no. I then explained I was doing my own thing under YVR just like a VH car. They asked if I had a DA which I presented, and they were more than happy with it. They told me at this stage they are only doing a audit on drivers to see how many have a DA. Soon a date will be set where you MUST have a DA or you will get a $1903.00 fine with no warnings. They claimed about 75% of Uber drivers pulled up have a DA.

Screen Shot 2017-09-16 at 7.23.53 am.png

george manousaridis

Last night at the Crown doing a PJ I had the pleasure of being waved in by the TSC, they asked if I was a Uber driver, I replied no. I then explained I was doing my own thing under YVR just like a VH car. They asked if I had a DA which I presented, and they were more than happy with it. They told me at this stage they are only doing a audit on drivers to see how many have a DA. Soon a date will be set where you MUST have a DA or you will get a $1903.00 fine with no warnings. They claimed about 75% of Uber drivers pulled up have a DA.

View attachment 158412
Good on ya scottie,i wish you good fortunes and the hope all goes well.

Tiktak

View attachment 158412
I thought drivers were already coping 1903 fine.

Solarman

being argumentative, name-calling, personal attacks, instigating other members, and any post that can be deemed confrontational will not be tolerated. Please refrain from any posts of this manner
If this forum was properly moderated like Whirlpool, such stupidity you correctly point out would not be an issue. Until then......

weekendnightdriver

If this forum was properly moderated like Whirlpool, such stupidity you correctly point out would not be an issue. Until then......

A rotten apple spoils the barrel. The couple keep on being banned, making a new ID, and being banned again.
He will never learn why we don't trust nor support them and just keep on blaming Uber for controlling UP.net.

ubermercury

Just like the GST they will find a way to keep non complying ants on there books.
Uber won't deactivate them cos they know they will have no drivers lol

It's worse than the GST scenario.
They don't have any control over whether a driver with an ABN is paying the GST but with the DA you either have one or you don't. They know who has one and who doesn't - they should be deactivating those who don't - and I agree they must be losing a lot of drivers and wetting themselves. Hence the TV ads, which are seductive.

weekendnightdriver

They don't have any control over whether a driver with an ABN is paying the GST but with the DA you either have one or you don't. They know who has one and who doesn't - they should be deactivating those who don't - and I agree they must be losing a lot of drivers and wetting themselves. Hence the TV ads, which are seductive.

As far as I know, as per CPV 2017, there is no obligation for booking service provider to check or enforce whether their driver is accredited. There will be not much change asides from $1 levy and Uber (after accreditation) being the officially legal booking service provider.

Even though TSC seem to be very reluctant to enforcing the non DA drivers at the moment, all drivers of commercial vehicle should be accredited. This requirement has not changed at all. If a non DA driver is caught, all the faults are on drivers and Uber may or may not cover the fine.

ubermercury

As far as I know, as per CPV 2017, there is no obligation for booking service provider to check or enforce whether their driver is accredited. There will be not much change asides from $1 levy and Uber (after accreditation) being the officially legal booking service provider.

Even though TSC seem to be very reluctant to enforcing the non DA drivers at the moment, all drivers of commercial vehicle should be accredited. This requirement has not changed at all. If a non DA driver is caught, all the faults are on drivers and Uber may or may not cover the fine.

Thanks for that.
Do you know how the accreditation will be processed? For instance will a single independent driver be able to get accreditation?

John smith4321

Rubbish, read the bill properly. Uber faces large fines for allowing non accredited drivers on the road. The second bill due to be introduced soon will include all the details.

Jwoodsa

I don't agree with you very often but on this one totally agree. Government need to put in the legislation that a Rideshare Company must deactivate any non DA drivers or they get heavily fine.