TSC sightings

Last night 3 man team Qantas departures approx 5pm - observing dropoffs for visible app.

Today 2 man team Footscray station approx 11:30am requested ride using Ming pseudonym

Footscrazy

Yes, I nearly got booked by Ming this morning. Watch out for anyone booking with the name "ming" (lower-case m). Yep, has been reported to Uber for rider account deactivation.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was sorely tempted to mess with them yesterday. I was dropping off the wife and colleague for a flight and the TSC dudes gave me major stink-eye.

Damo66

I imagine the TSC is enforcing the requirement for drivers to have accreditation, as the government has announed this requirement. But I'd be interested to know if they are still issuing fines relating to vehicles not having a license now that the government has announced the changes it intends to implement.

Until the legislation is submitted to Parliament and voted on the existing statutes apply. So the TSC is still permitted to target UberX drivers. What they can't do is send undercover operatives out on sting operations. That is the ruling that the County Court passed down.

LevelX

Yes, I nearly got booked by Ming this morning. Accepted a fare while on another ride, on way to first drop off passed one male/one female in hi-vis acting weirdly on streetside. Thought it looked suss. Next fare was from the same street where the suss dudes were, after I parked I saw them walking towards me. Cancelled and got out of there.

Circled back past Footscray station half an hour later and they were gone. But watch out for anyone booking with the name "ming" (lower-case m). Yep, has been reported to Uber for rider account deactivation.
You do know they already have your licence/rego details and name/photo from you accepting the booking?

The TSC doesn't even need drivers to arrive. Just book rides, once driver accepts, they get the drivers details, screenshot. Cancel and repeat!

Because you need to be accredited
Uber hasn't told us this :wink:

Last edited:
Yeah. What LeveX said.

But with this increase in activity, the chances are increasing that everyone is gunna get pinged sooner or later...

BTW, who on here has been pinged by TSC in the last month?

Quick survey.

Footscrazy

You do know they already have your licence/rego details and name from you accepting the booking?

The TSC doesn't even need drivers to arrive. Just book rides, once driver accepts, they get the drivers details, screenshot.
Yeah completely understand that they would have screen-capped the booking acceptance. But I'd like to see them prove an offence where none exists.

My offence was what exactly? To accept and cancel a booking without any money changing hands?

Drivingthecattlehome

Yeah. What LeveX said.

But with this increase in activity, the chances are increasing that everyone is gunna get pinged sooner or later...

BTW, who on here has been pinged by TSC in the last month?

Quick survey.
I think today at airport 5pm, some Lady wanted to give me ticket. 30 sec drop someone with Pad taking number plates and blockewoman nocking on my window. I just pissed off. Who were they?

I think today at airport 5pm, some Lady wanted to give me ticket. 30 sec drop someone with Pad taking number plates and blockewoman nocking on my window. I just pissed off. Who were they?
Most likely TSC.

Hi-vis vests? Check
Holding iPad? Check
Hanging out in a gang? Double Check
Looking into your car to spot open App? Triple Check.