TSC out and about today......

LevelX

Well TSC was out and about, but don't worry they hadn't been fining Uber drivers that I seen, but I seen one of the cars on the road! :smiles:

For those who don't know what they look like, here is the cars. I wasn't doing 'Uber' today, so no paxs on board, so grabbed a few pictures!

1.png
2.png

χ²(1)

They're always 'out and about'. The reason you don't see them often is because there aren't that many of them. Yes, the airport is a regular spot (given the number of taxis at the airport, it makes sense). But they also have to travel to country centers like Ballarat, Bendigo and Geelong.

To put the numbers into perspective, there might be 4000 odd taxis serving the Melbourne metro area (excluding country). There are only 12 TSC vehicles as pictured above. They are woefully under resourced to nab and inspect dodgy taxi drivers, let alone Uber drivers.

LevelX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm sure they are out and about daily, but as you say there is only 12 vehicles for VIC. This is the first time I've ever seen one in the 'wild' so thought I would share for others who also have never seen one and what to know what to be on the look out for!

LevelX

Petrol is expensive :mad:
I know!!! I have half a tank left of my 96c/l fuel from Friday (haven't been driving since Sat night) and hoping for it to come down before I need to refill again!!

LevelX

Definitely the wrong time to fill up!
Well I got it at 99c (96c after discount) on Friday (or thursday evening) interesting that low point isn't shown on the graph, but in my books the wrong time to fill up is AFTER you run out of fuel.......

bruvlove

I know!!! I have half a tank left of my 96c/l fuel from Friday (haven't been driving since Sat night) and hoping for it to come down before I need to refill again!!
Download the 7/11 app I brought fuel at 101.9 while majority of servos where 129.9

LevelX

Download the 7/11 app I brought fuel at 101.9 while majority of servos where 129.9
I was thinking about this today..... How does it work? I haven't looked in to it yet but should. Any catches?

Mightymong

If you want to get lowest prices always, head down to United (390 Nichoslon St.) or the Metro at the corner of Nicholson and Princes. You can actually see both servos prices while driving down Nicholson. I have not had to fill a tank for more than 113c in a very long long time.

UXDriver

I was thinking about this today..... How does it work? I haven't looked in to it yet but should. Any catches?
I used it for the first time this week.

Got premium 98 for 115.9

Wait til petrol is low

Lock in a price
Go and fill up a week later

UXDriver

Nope not overnight
3 days it took for mos ststions to follow

It will take 3 weeks to fall again

Pretty simple