• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Trying to get girls while driving.

Dan2miletripguy

I am always 100% professional while driving pax. I have had scantily clad, highly attractive riders but they were dressed that way for something that doesn't involve me so I never flirt or even offer up a compliment. Sometimes the lady pax flirt with me which is very good for the self esteem but I never go down that road. pun lolz

TBone

Ive never hit on a pax but If your cute enough they hit on you. I am apparently attractive and have been hit on by every type of person imaginable. Women, guys, crossdressers, and trans. Ive only allowed myself to have drinks with one rider and I dropped her off at her place and left after she started talking about her bf.

Christinebitg

If I ever reached the point where I thought it would be worthwhile to stay in touch, I've promised myself I'd say, "Let's exchange phone numbers, and then we can both decide tomorrow if it still seems like a good idea."

I've been tempted a couple of times, though.

Danny3xd

I've hung out with a few passengers after a ride testing the romantic waters. Ended up seeing 2 again after. Nothing much evolved but was fun.

Once, brought a blind guy and his dog to a wedding. I got invited in. They hated him and as we all drank way to much, I kept getting sent over to calm him down. I ended up hanging out with a woman/bartender who was from a town in Ukraine where I had worked briefly. The family and staff were from there and Russia. So I caught some of the things they were calling the blind guy. Mom of the bride had a filthy mouth, LoL.

A great time was had by all that weekend. The dog looked POed but no police involvement.

Cary Grant

Fun until it's scary is when the driver arrives at the destination and only two of the three hotties exits the car. The third hesitates in the front seat, wanting to know why I politely declined her offer of services.

Kevin Kargel

....there's no right way to do the wrong thing.
Dragnet posted a few days ago how he talks about his wife, family to put ladies at ease. A much better approach which probably takes the edge off the creep factor. May not be for others, but he is at least considering how to make a difference.
I often bring up my wife to cool things down. It astounds me how often drunk college age pax (both genders) want to flirt with a fat old Lyft driver. It's actually why I got a dash cam. And I'm not even good looking.
I need to tape family photos on my dash.

BillC

I have a couple of potential hook-up stories but if I told them you'd think I was a creep. lol
Along those lines, I think I was screened and propositioned once earlier this year. I picked up a woman in her mid 20s in St Paul, MN and brought her to an apartment about 15 minutes away. Along the way, she asked me if I was married, had kids, real job, and other light personal questions, etc. After everything I answered, her response was "Interesting...". She told me she had recently gotten engaged to a guy in Pennsylvania, and the long distance relationship was hard, but it was an open relationship so that helped. She then asked "If I gave you something extra as a tip, could we stop at a gas station so I can get cigs?" I said sure. She asked what I wanted, and I thought for a second and said "How about $5?" She said ok, is that all you want? "Yep, that's plenty." She asked me again after she got back in the car if there was something else I wanted. "Nope, I'm good". She asked me 3 or 4 times between there and her destination, "Are you SURE there isn't anything else you want?" As we were driving up to her building, the last time she asked me, I responded, "No, I'm good. I wouldn't even know what else to ask for." She said "ok.....that's fair...I guess" and got out.

It didn't dawn on me until about 10 minutes later what she might have been doing. Typical of me.

Danny3xd

Along those lines, I think I was screened and propositioned once earlier this year. I picked up a mid 20s year old woman in St Paul (Mac/Groveland? I dunno) and brought her to an apartment off 7th St just north of 55/62/River. Along the way, she asked me if I was married, had kids, real job, etc. After everything I answered, her response was "Interesting...". She told me she had recently gotten engaged to a guy in Pennsylvania, and the long distance relationship was hard, but it was an open relationship so that helped. She then asked "If I gave you something extra as a tip, could we stop at a gas station so I can get cigs?" I said sure. She asked what I wanted, and I thought for a second and said "How about $5?" She said ok, is that all you want? "Yep, that's plenty." She asked me again after she got back in the car if there was something else I wanted. "Nope, I'm good". She asked me 3 or 4 times between there and her destination, "Are you SURE there isn't anything else you want?" As we were driving up to her building, the last time she asked me, I responded, "No, I'm good. I wouldn't even know what else to ask for." She said "ok.....that's fair...I guess" and got out.

It didn't dawn on me until about 10 minutes later what she might have been doing. Typical of me.
Pat, pat, pat. We all been there buddy.

Erik M

The stigma around drivers is already bad enough! Just do what you signed up to do here and that's to try and make money, not friends, not for favors, not to "help the community" as Lyft puts it, just to attempt to make money!

Christinebitg

It didn't dawn on me until about 10 minutes later what she might have been doing.
I have a girlfriend who says she can never meet guys. I've been with her at times when guys were approaching her, and she's had no idea that they were making small talk trying to meet her.

Even in clubs.

Christine

Last edited:

mch

Just started a few weeks ago, I'm at 120 rides between Uber and Lyft and I've already had two instances of passengers flirting. I'm 43 and look young for my age (its great now, but sucked when I was in HS) but I'm not all that much to look at so I'm kinda surprised. It was nothing too crazy like some of these other stories. One situation was two drunk college age girls who asked how old I was and then kept saying how I don't look my age and then the one said the other one "loves older guys" and asked me if I was single. The other situation was a woman who I picked up from some dudes mom's house after he left her there to go argue with his ex. After giving her a "there's plenty of fish in the sea" pep talk she remarked that it was a shame I wasn't single and that if she didn't know better she'd be giving me her number.

As a random 43 year old dude I was flattered but besides all of the obvious red flags and huge risks messing around with passengers presents, I'm in a long term relationship and would never cheat. I have 0 interest in spending the rest of my 40's as a homeless eunuch.

Christinebitg

huge risks messing around with passengers
I've promised myself that if the situation presents itself and was I seriously tempted, I would say "Let's exchange phone numbers and see if we both think it's a good idea tomorrow."

For the record, I too am in a long term committed relationship.

C

Coachman

I got hit on unexpectedly once while I was a Realtor doing an open house. The guy comes in, cute young guy, recent college grad, likes the house, hangs out for over an hour, talks about price and terms, decides to write a contract on the spot. You might say I was very "excited." I finished the open house and closed up... locked the door. And as soon as the door was locked it was "okay let's get naked now!"

I was like, WTF?

Fortunately I had a line in my pocket for just such an occasion... "No sex until after settlement!"

He said "are you serious?" I said "yep!"

Last edited:

UberBastid

I got hit on unexpectedly once while I was a Realtor doing an open house. The guy comes in, cute young guy, recent college grad, likes the house, hangs out for over an hour, talks about price and terms, decides to write a contract on the spot. You might say I was very "excited." I finished the open house and closed up... locked the door. And as soon as the door was locked it was "okay let's get naked now!"

I was like, WTF?

Fortunately I had a line in my pocket for just such an occasion... "No sex until after settlement!"

He said "are you serious?" I said "yep!"
Reminds me of the Two and a Half Men episode of when Charlies mom, a realtor borrowed Charlies BMW. He found a pair of footprints on the headliner and asked mom. She said, "Well, it was a huge commission, we had to celebrate."
Charlie was all "In MY car?"
LoL
He had to sell it, because 'it has a funny squeek in it'.