Truth in advertising.

Mikey_D

I was watching the football game on TV last night and saw a commercial for Uber Eats.

In the commercial the Uber Eats driver drops off a bag of McDonald's food to some lazy slob who's sitting in his living room watching a football game .

The jack*** who ordered the food barely acknowledges the driver, and rudely dismisses him after the driver hands him the food ... WITH NO TIP.

Just like in real life. I wonder if this is Ubers subtle way of telling these scumbags that there's no need to tip Uber Eats drivers ?

tohunt4me

I was watching the football game on TV last night and saw a commercial for Uber Eats.

In the commercial the Uber Eats driver drops off a bag of McDonald's food to some lazy slob who's sitting in his living room watching a football game .

The jack*** who ordered the food barely acknowledges the driver, and rudely dismisses him after the driver hands him the food ... WITH NO TIP.

Just like in real life. I wonder if this is Ubers subtle way of telling these scumbags that there's no need to tip Uber Eats drivers ?
This is Uber SILENTLY INSTRUCTING CUSTOMERS ON HOW UBER WISHES US TO BE TREATED.

UBER IS SAYING THIS BEHAVIOR IS O.K. VIA COMMERCIALS !

Dont do Uber Eats !

WHY SUPPORT A COMPANY THAT CLEARLY DOES NOT SUPPORT YOU !?

UberSchmuber

To0 many bratty lazy kids and the McDonald's is too close. I can see trips back and forth to the High Schools all day long.

columbuscatlady

I wish McDonald's would do a commercial reminding people to tip their UE driver. Hmmm...I wonder if UE drivers could start a write-in campaign to McDonalds? I'd be in.

reg barclay

If it's the one I saw the main point seems to be that the guy is heavily immersed in the game. He does however wave in acknowledgement to the driver and say 'okay man'. Yes he could have thanked the driver better and I don't think Uber should be presenting this as a way to interact with drivers, but I still wouldn't describe it as rudely dismissing him. I don't see anything definitive about him tipping or not since he doesn't go to his uber app and could have rated and tipped the driver later.

Last edited:

ToughTommy

I covered this the other day. If your a binge eater do eats and help yourself .
Otherwise if u want to deliver food go to a busy pizza place that has good food.
Cash is king