Trump is a jack ass

New guy65

The point of exposure is primarily the navigation of the store isles. All stores are now providing bleach solution in spray bottles and paper towels to sanitize the cart handles, and have plexi shields between you and the cashier. Most, but not all employees are masking up. But customers in the store are maybe half. Deliveries are nearly all touchless. Groceries are left at the door, and i only interact when i have to scan an ID for alcohol delivery. Once groceries are in the trunk, i use purell before driving.

Is it perfect? No. Am i concerned? Yes. It is a crap shoot. But there are still too many drivers out to be able to rely on eats trips.
So for how you handle making money vs me I think it location. You are in the burbs the stores are probably stocked and they have sanitizer and stuff meanwhile there is no money on UberEats.
I’m in the city I’m at a shade over 100 deliveries on the week which given the time is way over the amount of rides I’ve ever given. But if I wanted to do Instacart ( I dont) then I’m stuck going to a store that doesn’t have the stuff to clean a cart, probably due to theft, no paper products no pasta few. canned goods and almost empty frozen vegetables. Little to nothing has changed around me as far as what is available at the grocery aside from more meat and fresh vegetables

it’s a matter of demographics I guess. You are ina place where supplies are available and people are willing to cook they just do t want to go get them. I’m in a place where people are too incompetent to cook and if they could they may not be able to get what they want

that being said they can buy bagels cream cheese and coffee at the grocery instead of using UberEats

UberBeemer

I don't know if you can generalize every aspect of the experience like that. Though there is some truth to it. You know that no store anywhere, for example, ever has more than a day's stock of TP or paper towels. And sanitizer? One of the lical Jewel stores here had a total of three jugs of bleach left, and the only TP was i think, 40-grit paper from a belt sander. You know, the 1000 sheet roll of scotts, where you need three feet of it wadded up so your fingers don't poke through?

But yeah. These stores are out of things like yeast, flour, sugar, and tater tots and chicken nuggets. So you know people are cooking, baking, and feeding quick, crappy lunches to kids instead of ordering from restaurants.

The other thing that is true here, is the server staff are now driving deliveries or manning touchless pickup. Suburbanites are more likely to go pick up their panera or B-Dubs now, than a lot of city folks seem to be.

Maybe its less demographics than population density though. More people in a given area seems it would lend itself to more trips. More places to order from per square mile too.

New guy65

I don't know if you can generalize every aspect of the experience like that. Though there is some truth to it. You know that no store anywhere, for example, ever has more than a day's stock of TP or paper towels. And sanitizer? One of the lical Jewel stores here had a total of three jugs of bleach left, and the only TP was i think, 40-grit paper from a belt sander. You know, the 1000 sheet roll of scotts, where you need three feet of it wadded up so your fingers don't poke through?

But yeah. These stores are out of things like yeast, flour, sugar, and tater tots and chicken nuggets. So you know people are cooking, baking, and feeding quick, crappy lunches to kids instead of ordering from restaurants.

The other thing that is true here, is the server staff are now driving deliveries or manning touchless pickup. Suburbanites are more likely to go pick up their panera or B-Dubs now, than a lot of city folks seem to be.

Maybe its less demographics than population density though. More people in a given area seems it would lend itself to more trips. More places to order from per square mile too.
Probably I think i read Lincoln Park has the highest density of the city around 60k/sq mile isnt exactly gurnee

ChrisFZ

Fox News’ Brit Hume: Donald Trump “Could Stop Talking Much Sooner” At Coronavirus Briefings, Avoid Bragging About Ratings

(CNN)President Donald Trump says America does not need and will never have mass coronavirus testing, despite warnings by experts that a comprehensive program is vital to getting life back to normal.

The inadequacy of testing for the virus has been a constant deficiency of the government's handling of the pandemic from the start. Fixing this deficiency, as well as creating antibody testing that can identify if someone has already had the disease and may be less apt to get it again, may be the key to effectively reopening the economy while preventing a second wave of infections. It could also help identify which workers can return to work, and those who still present a risk of infection.
But the continued lack of a robust testing program, despite weeks of claims by Trump that the problem is fixed, is raising stark new questions about the White House's management of the situation. After being slow to recognize the extent of the pandemic, the testing shortfall means the administration is yet to prove it is capable of charting an effective path out of the crisis.

Last edited:

SuperStar3000

The scary thing about the effort to test people here, only about 2 million have been tested. Of those, nearly half a million tested positive. Think about what that means. 25% of people tested, had tested positive. That's not a good number.
That is a bad number, but we need to consider that the only people currently being tested are those who already have symptoms or who fall into a higher risk group, or get a doctor's order.

bpm45

There's definitely a selection bias in testing to date and we weren't able to perform useful sampling over time to understand the scope and speed of infection, but there are strong indications that the virus has spread far wider than believed (MIT study). It also implies the portion infected that develop strong symptoms or die without intervention is much lower than publicized.

Comparison to influenza is appropriate because it highlights how we measure and react to these things. We really don't know how many people get the flu or die from it. The rate of testing for flu is very low. CDC and WHO only estimate from poor data suffering selection bias. Cause of death is generally not listed as the flu, but it is clear, people with significant health problems and shortened expectancies die faster from flu complications. Complications from a cold can do it too.

Right now there's great inconsistency in attribution of death to COVIDV19. It almost makes those stats meaningless, particularly when you compare them to the average daily/weekly death rate.

Of note, the field hospital the Army Corp of Engineers set up for Seattle is bring disassembled. Turns out they didn't need it. The same will happen in NYC and here.

ohnos

You heard the video of the lady crying was faked which was pushed every half hour on CBS.
That is a bad number, but we need to consider that the only people currently being tested are those who already have symptoms or who fall into a higher risk group, or get a doctor's order.
But remember this test not only target cov 19 it tells all forms of coran virus even the older less harsh corona virus. And 98 % are mild cases st most.

SatMan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let’s hope so… But I’ll bet you The mayor puts a curfew in.

ohnos

Amazing she violated her own rules on social distancing to get a haircut. Who'd of thought she cared about her appearance now?

DEM EXIT it's going around very catchy. All the fake news and smearing Trump has actually worked against the dems people are waking up. Even Joe Rogan has dropped them. Poll say they would rather have Trump over Biden over the handling this virus. People know the truth.
Every country and most people in USA praise Trump over this bs with WHO. Because he was right....

Last edited:

ohnos

Thanks for backing me up conservatives

Fake news media.
Trust me we all love to listen to him drill them questions and trolling the bad fake news media.
It's truly a high point in our days having to stay home. We get a kick out how well he handles them trolls.
In fact you see them all starting to be more tame because they know they report fake news and sick of all the bad publicity. And stocks dropping.

ohnos

Indictments and subpoenas are out.

French did the tests they wanted to and found zero issues of over 1000 people.
After stopping the drug use till tests done.
But now they are going to use it. Given a go for the drug. Now whats the excuse none.
So Trump was right again. Happy Talk???
Trump DESTROYS Jim Acosta at press conference

Last edited:

bpm45

I'm sure they'll fight those subpoenas in court, but never be accused of obstruction of justice.

Still waiting for the 5am, no-knock raid from FBI SWAT team with guns drawn.

ohnos

I'm sure they'll fight those subpoenas in court, but never be accused of obstruction of justice.

Still waiting for the 5am, no-knock raid from FBI SWAT team with guns drawn.
You do understand during this time the laws are not the same. We might not hear about it unless other people see and report.

veblenrules

You do understand during this time the laws are not the same. We might not hear about it unless other people see and report.
"During this time the laws are not the same". In this country the laws are always the same . There are provisons for emergencies, usually in the form of executive orders, but even these can be challenged in court. In America no one has the power to suspend the Constitution. As in NO ONE.

ohnos

sorry but right not during a national emergence in this case I might not be valid due to offence.