• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Trucking school (Update)

Pax Collector

Well folks, I'm officially a Class-A CDL holder and couldn't be any happier. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Thank you all for your kind wishes.

I haven't driven rideshare in almost three months and I don't plan on going back any time soon (If ever). I have a couple of local gigs lined up and my current driving school wants to offer me an instructor in training position. I'll take a few days to decide which route I'll be taking.

I hope you all have a blessed day and never stop looking for a way out.

crowuber

Congrats. It's been roughly the same amount of time since I've done ride share and my mood has changed more positive, my wife can attest to that! Even though it is not my current job, I recommend the trucking industry to those of you in need of a way out ( the United States is in a national shortage of drivers, that means incredible income opportunities!)

Pax Collector

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Awesome! Congrats, Sir!!! :thumbup:
Thank you :smiles:

Congratulations man it is an awesome feeling knowing you will never pick up a stranger again (ever) for chump change isn’t it? :smiles: Can’t wait to hear your trucker stories!
Yep, it sure is!

If the cash is good and you get to stay home the trainer position sounds good too.
Yeah, I'm not ready to be a long haul trucker yet. I'll stay local for a year or two.

Congrats. It's been roughly the same amount of time since I've done ride share and my mood has changed more positive, my wife can attest to that! Even though it is not my current job, I recommend the trucking industry to those of you in need of a way out ( the United States is in a national shortage of drivers, that means incredible income opportunities!)
True.

Andrew Dice Clay Two

Well folks, I'm officially a Class-A CDL holder and couldn't be any happier. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. Thank you all for your kind wishes.

I haven't driven rideshare in almost three months and I don't plan on going back any time soon (If ever). I have a couple of local gigs lined up and my current driving school wants to offer me an instructor in training position. I'll take a few days to decide which route I'll be taking.

I hope you all have a blessed day and never stop looking for a way out.
Walmart pays good after you have a couple of years experience.

HotUberMess

Sorry to piggyback on your thread but I now have my own truck (I’m at a receiver right now, waiting my turn.)

If you’re drug and alcohol free and have a relatively clean record, I highly recommend this job. I get to travel the entire country and get paid to stare out the window. There hasn’t been a day that’s gone by that I haven’t seen something new or learned something new. I’ve been coast to coast more than a handful times since I start at trucking school in February. I’ve driven through LA, up the California coast, through Manhattan, over the mountains, and over ice and snow. I love it all. People say I’ll tire of it eventually but for now, I’m having a blast

At the megacarrier I went to school at, training was a tough. A lot of trainers here only do it because they need money bad. But I made it through and honestly most of the time my trainer was asleep so I was on my own pretty much then too. I get paid the same as Uber but now I’m not stacking miles on my own car. If I could have paid for a private CDL school I would have. :smiles:

Attachments

Last edited:

Pax Collector

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry to piggyback on your thread but I now have my own truck (I’m at a receiver right now, waiting my turn.)

If you’re drug and alcohol free and have a relatively clean record, I highly recommend this job. I get to travel the entire country and get paid to stare out the window. There hasn’t been a day that’s gone by that I haven’t seen something new or learn something new. I’ve been coast to coast more than a handful times since I start a trucking school. i’ve driven through LA, up the California coast, through Mangattan, over the mountains, and over ice and snow. I love it all. People say I’ll tire of it eventually but for now, I’m having a blast

Training was a b*tch. A lot of trainers only do it because they need money bad. But I made it through and honestly most of the time my trainer was asleep so I was on my own pretty much then too.
That's so awesome! I'm glad it's working out for you and you're doing what you love.