Truck Driving Pays More than Uber/Lyft

PVP

I used to drive a lot using Uber/Lyft, but after they lowered rates and hired a million drivers I had to cut down on my driving. Currently I use Destination filter if I need to go somewhere and have someone pay for my gas. I ran my calculations and after insurance and gas expenses I was driving at $0.466 a mile and that is when the pax is in the car. If I include getting to the pax miles and cancelled miles and car depreciation I will be much lower. I think semi truck driving pays more. You are driving someone else's truck (at no depreciation cost to you) making $0.45-$0.50 a mile with no dead miles. I think truck driving is at least twice or more profitable. Let me know what you guys this about this.

Uber Crack

Author
Yeah probably so but I like uber because it fits into my schedule of working when I want to and also not working if I don't.
Also i have another job so I don't think this is as relevant to me as it is for some other people. Factually it's probably dead on.

No shit! Truck driving also requires a class A license and all the training and endorsements that you need to have with it, a huge amount of personal sacrifice since you're essentially living on the road, no freedom to start and stop working when you please, on average you're working around 12 hours a day, and you either have to meal prep at home or sacrifice your nutritional health for the sake of the job.

Maybe it's just me, but the freedom to work when I want and drive my own vehicle and sleep in my nice expensive bed every night is worth every penny I lose out on by not being a class A driver.

PVP

No shit! Truck driving also requires a class A license and all the training and endorsements that you need to have with it, a huge amount of personal sacrifice since you're essentially living on the road, no freedom to start and stop working when you please, on average you're working around 12 hours a day, and you either have to meal prep at home or sacrifice your nutritional health for the sake of the job.

Maybe it's just me, but the freedom to work when I want and drive my own vehicle and sleep in my nice expensive bed every night is worth every penny I lose out on by not being a class A driver.
Everyone's situation is different, but what I noticed that a lot of drivers live in their cars. Since that is what many drivers do anyways at SFO airport. A lot of full time drivers live in their cars in San Francisco and SFO Airport. Its better for them to get class A licence and drive a truck. They will make more money.

DownByTheRiver

Yeah it does. Back in 1989 I was hauling cryogenic tankers with liquid oxygen and working 3 - 15 hour days (M,W,F) and making $850 a week. Unfortunately a lower back injury ended my semi driving days. Before that job I drove flatbeds. There's a big difference. You go where the dispatch tells you to go. If you're driving cross country you might be weeks before you get back home and then only have a couple days off. If you're running just CA you might find yourself in LA or the Bay at the beginning of rush hour where you're better off trying to find a place to park and nap for a few hours until the traffic is gone. One week everything will be great and you'll think "I love this job". The next week everything goes wrong and you only get a couple hours sleep a night, by the time you get home you're too tired to enjoy the weekend. Your trade off here is making your own schedule, going where you wish