Trouble logging in in martin county

wk1102

Anyone registered in port st lucie have ing trouble going online in Martin county lately? Or vice versa?

I did a trip in Stuart yesterday then an hour later I couldn't go online in Stuart.
App works fine in St lucie county as soon as i cross the county line I am no longer online. I understand about Palm Beach and broward but no inspection is needed for Martin.

Anyone else with issues?

nickp944

Anyone registered in port st lucie have ing trouble going online in Martin county lately? Or vice versa?

I did a trip in Stuart yesterday then an hour later I couldn't go online in Stuart.
App works fine in St lucie county as soon as i cross the county line I am no longer online. I understand about Palm Beach and broward but no inspection is needed for Martin.

Anyone else with issues?
Hi wk1102 - fellow Treasure Coast driver here out of Vero Beach. This happened to me last night just south of Stuart.

Here's the scoop - after several back & forth help emails, I finally got a reply this evening. Martin County is no longer included in the Central Atlantic Coast district, and is now part of Miami. So you will need to change your city to Miami and satisfy the requirements (vehicle inspection, etc). In the meantime, the app does NOT toss you off line, so you need to be aware that you are no longer visible to riders once you cross St. Lucie Blvd - you're definitely off the grid by the time you reach Jensen Beach Blvd.

Totally sucks since I've been pretty much exclusively driving in Martin County since March - too many drivers and not enough business in Vero or Fort Pierce. Anyway, hth and keep on keeping on!

Nick in Florida

wk1102

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi wk1102 - fellow Treasure Coast driver here out of Vero Beach. This happened to me last night just south of Stuart.

Here's the scoop - after several back & forth help emails, I finally got a reply this evening. Martin County is no longer included in the Central Atlantic Coast district, and is now part of Miami. So you will need to change your city to Miami and satisfy the requirements (vehicle inspection, etc). In the meantime, the app does NOT toss you off line, so you need to be aware that you are no longer visible to riders once you cross St. Lucie Blvd - you're definitely off the grid by the time you reach Jensen Beach Blvd.

Totally sucks since I've been pretty much exclusively driving in Martin County since March - too many drivers and not enough business in Vero or Fort Pierce. Anyway, hth and keep on keeping on!

Nick in Florida
Hey Nick... Martin county has always been part of the Miami region. I used to disappear once I crossed into Palm Beach but I've always been fine in Martin county. Sucks, Stuart was surging pretty good last nightime.

I got one cSr that seemed to have a brain, after no lie, 50 plus emailsize.

She said I can set up another account, from another email address for the Miami region. No need for a background check because it is the same state. We do however need an inspection even though Martin county does require. I guess she got off work because I sent my okay and another email address and haven't head back yet.

Sucks, but at least there a solution.

I think it's a mistake, because no inspection is required in Martin County and I used be online until the palm beach/Martin border. It seems like it's an oversight.

I'm a mile from the county line via Becker rd and citrus. I'll post if anything changes.

How is Vero, any business there? Seems like it would be slow

wk1102

Nick in Florida
Hey when you look
Try to go online in Martin does it say missing documents ?

Blue_Subaru

I am having the same issue today. On the passenger app I can not see any drivers in Martin county on the road. I can St. Lucie county and then an empty map until Jupiter.
Very strange.

I have no missing docs. Email to support is the usual response so far, reinstall app, clear network settings, restart, etc.

wk1102

I am having the same issue today. On the passenger app I can not see any drivers in Martin county on the road. I can St. Lucie county and then an empty map until Jupiter.
Very strange.

I have no missing docs. Email to support is the usual response so far, reinstall app, clear network settings, restart, etc.
Yeah.. apparently Uber is down in MC... started some tine after 12:00, separate issue than I had.

My issue had to do with the inspection, even though its not required in MC, it is for Uber. On the bright side, only people registered in Miami and inspected can pick up in Martin.

Bad news is, it seems Martin doesn't exsists in Uber land today.

I emailed them, the told me to hang tight Uber is growing fast and always expanding... :/

Another time they told me I should have no problem getting a ride in Stuart.

Ugh

Blue_Subaru

Sounds about right. I was able to use the passenger app in MC up until about 1:30 or so, headed to Stuart, got online and it was down.

wk1102

Geez.. Martin county is still down. Support tells me Martin not active yet, then tells me its an issue with my account then tells me how to reset my phone.

Idiots... ugh.

wk1102

Sounds about right. I was able to use the passenger app in MC up until about 1:30 or so, headed to Stuart, got online and it was down.
I was just told it was a server issue and they are working on it. Smell like bs but...

I think it has to do with them making martin county require the inspection when it wasn't needed, maybe they tried to fix it and mucked it up. who knows
.. i just hope it's fixed by tonight

Blue_Subaru

It appears the passenger app is working. I can see drivers in Martin Co. now.
Pretty happy, I do most of my driving in Martin on Friday and Saturday nights.

wk1102

It appears the passenger app is working. I can see drivers in Martin Co. now.
Pretty happy, I do most of my driving in Martin on Friday and Saturday nights.
Yeah it's pretty screwy still... looks like it's going in and out, causing a surge. Lol

Hope that keeps up tonight

wk1102

It sure didn't take long for everyone to figure it out... i wonder how many people didn't even realize there was an issue and were just online all day thinking it was slow.

Blue_Subaru

Yeah, I've seen a few others scattered like that as well here and there. I always figure it was an Uber overlord or one of their ghost cars.

nickp944

That happens a lot up here in Vero too. You can never see all the cars on the road at one time. All I know is there are still WAY too many drivers on the road up here considering the passenger usage. I head down to Martin County on the weekends.

wk1102

That happens a lot up here in Vero too. You can never see all the cars on the road at one time. All I know is there are still WAY too many drivers on the road up here considering the passenger usage. I head down to Martin County on the weekends.
You can only see 8 at once. The 8 closest to your pin but there is one car that disapears if you move the pin like 1/8 of a mile. It shouldn't as its still closer than most but it does. It's weird

Derek A

Anyone else with issues?
Yep me. And when it takes me to Stuart to drop off a fare, the app sends me like 2 or 3 new rider requests that it the app WILL NOT let me accept and leaves me, as you said, stranded in Stuart with no way to log back on. Unless I drive back to PSL. AND it lowers my acceptance rate. Which causes Uber's computer to send me a warning that says, "You are not accepting as many rides as others in your area." And it seems that they have dropped our pay rates without notice.