• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Trouble going online for the first time 'Mackay Driver'

Jayden Korn

hi everyone!. since i have signed up to driver, the app has never allowed me to go online. it comes up with a message 'your account needs attention'. Now, my issues is with the support team. I have allow my documents perfect and the support has clarified on 4 different phone calls that its all good. But the always say 'its being dealt with another team and will contact you in 24hrs'. But, they haven't fixed the app and they have never got back to me. i have spoke to them 4 times outlaying the same concern to be given false timelines and fixes.

I have asked to speak to someone higher in the chain but they only allow them to email the high level and i cant speak to them. so im stuck with an app that wont go online and emails saying 'we are looking into it'.

is there another avenue i can contact uber? as they know its an issue on there end and i have no leverage. I dont hope its nothing to do with being in mackay as they started up on 05/12/18 and im not sure if there is other uber drivers in my town, i have seen one only on the rider app.

hope someone can help thanks!

lebrasee007

hi everyone!. since i have signed up to driver, the app has never allowed me to go online. it comes up with a message 'your account needs attention'. Now, my issues is with the support team. I have allow my documents perfect and the support has clarified on 4 different phone calls that its all good. But the always say 'its being dealt with another team and will contact you in 24hrs'. But, they haven't fixed the app and they have never got back to me. i have spoke to them 4 times outlaying the same concern to be given false timelines and fixes.

I have asked to speak to someone higher in the chain but they only allow them to email the high level and i cant speak to them. so im stuck with an app that wont go online and emails saying 'we are looking into it'.

is there another avenue i can contact uber? as they know its an issue on there end and i have no leverage. I dont hope its nothing to do with being in mackay as they started up on 05/12/18 and im not sure if there is other uber drivers in my town, i have seen one only on the rider app.

Welcome to Uber

Golfer

Wish I could help , maybe go to the airport , see if you can find other drivers , to talk to about this .
Otherwise keep harassing them
Can you get into documents ,
To see their check list ,
But I gather from what you have said it only shows " your account needs attention " ???
Of course ther is the possibility , with ubers expansion into country towns through out Australia , the app is " not up to it "

Last edited:

Beepbeep41

Make sure you have uploaded documents in correct manner.

Screen shot of redgo from tmr redgo check site. You have to upload documents differently in some cases a picture only works in other cases it has to be a screen shot...

Nod73

What is showing as needing attention in documents on the app?

Click your photo - Account - Documents

Jayden Korn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok I fixed it. I literally what off my head at the 6th caller. And said put me on to your supervisor. Then she wouldn't give me a number for the tech team so I tore her a new one. Only took 3 hours and the tech team sorted there issue. I had 5 outstanding request for a week and that's all it took. Idiots

Hugh G

Only took 3 hours and the tech team sorted there issue. I had 5 outstanding request for a week and that's all it took.
That's pretty normal. You will need to allocate some of your piddly Uber earnings to cover your costs of the medical conditions that you develop in your week-to-week dealings with Uber.

As your drive to riches continues you will get to the point where you have to make a decision to spend 3-4 hours of your time to recover the $6 cancellation fee you are entitled to.

Ah, see ! Less than a week and your uncontrolled outbursts have already appeared.

Golfer

Ok I fixed it. I literally what off my head at the 6th caller. And said put me on to your supervisor. Then she wouldn't give me a number for the tech team so I tore her a new one. Only took 3 hours and the tech team sorted there issue. I had 5 outstanding request for a week and that's all it took. Idiots
Jayden Korn hope you were doing all the extra " paper work " at the Eimeio Hotel top of Mango Ave, gazing out over the Pacific and Hamilton Island , listening to the waves crashing on the cliffs below , if not you should go there today and celebrate your achievement , before you hit the road .I see your only a suburb away .
All the best with your ubering , hope with all the crap you went through it was worth it :smiles:

Jayden Korn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jayden Korn hope you were doing all the extra " paper work " at the Eimeio Hotel top of Mango Ave, gazing out over the Pacific and Hamilton Island , listening to the waves crashing on the cliffs below , if not you should go there today and celebrate your achievement , before you hit the road .I see your only a suburb away .
All the best with your ubering , hope with all the crap you went through it was worth it :smiles:
All sorted. But to head out now. Are you a local Uber as well mate?

Golfer

All sorted. But to head out now. Are you a local Uber as well mate?
No unfortunately , but mates mum , used to live at the bottom of Mango Ave in the 70's 80s we used to get out of Syd. In June for a month , do some work on the house etc.
Walking up the hill to the pub was easy , ummm coming down umm could be tricky staying on our feet:smiles:
We'd always have a 6 pack on the beach at the bottom of the cliff , the stairs down were also tricky, he he
Bucasia , was all scrub in those days ,
Reg Ansett tried to buy the pub for 6 million , back then the owner ( ,can't think of her name always wore galoshes) wasn't interested, he wanted to use it ,the car park for a heli port to fly people to Hamilton Island
Of course the girlfriends coming up every w/e sight of put a damperner on our activities , but we still had 5 days to run amok and do some work on the house:smiles:
Now of course the Farliegh pub was a great place to watch the cane fires , but that's another story, and of course Orilee ? Racetrack
Ahhh "those were the days my friend ,
We thought they would never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We thought we'd never lose
Those were the days
Oh yes those were the days:rolleyes:
A song by Mary Hopkin.
For that era

Golfer

I'm having the same issue. All my documents are in order as multiple calls to call centre have confirmed. Is there a tech team I can call?
The "wheels " at the TMR ,turn very slowly this time of year :confused: don't be "takenaback " , should speed up a bit next week , :smiles:

Taken670

The "wheels " at the TMR ,turn very slowly this time of year :confused: don't be "takenaback " , should speed up a bit next week , :smiles:
Yeah it is quite a slow time of the year.
Though I have not been able to see my car on the rider app and other Uber drivers have shown me that they show up on the rider app. I'll get there eventually.