Trip under review??

tmwes

Picked up a pax in Bloomfield, CT. He walks out with a suitcase, I assume he's going to BDL. Nope, he's going to Times Square. So I take him. On the way home, check the fare and it was $127. This morning, the fare is $0. Here is what support had to say, ever had this happen?

Screenshot_20160709-082411.png

mark edwards

You will get paid but even at $127 (did he tip you?; should have at least $10) to drive all the way from Bloomfield to midtown is pretty bad when you factor in tolls, (I hope you took the Willis Bridge out), gas, your "real" costs, etc, unless you were able to get a rider back for much of the way, (doubtful w/ Uber). I do a little courier work for a printer from New Haven to NYC and get anywhere from $150 plus (one piece) to $300 plus (a few boxes) to NYC, and can do it toll free.

mark edwards

You will get paid but even at $127 (did he tip you?; should have at least $10) to drive all the way from Bloomfield to midtown is pretty bad when you factor in tolls, (I hope you took the Willis Bridge out), gas, your "real" costs, etc, unless you were able to get a rider back for much of the way, (doubtful w/ Uber). I do a little courier work for a printer from New Haven to NYC and get anywhere from $150 plus (one piece) to $300 plus (a few boxes) to NYC, and can do it toll free.
Uber and its ilk are causing lots of harm to America. A race to the bottom, very anti labor and anti people. A sick, and mean spirited company.

Joef

Every time the fare is over $100 uber says It takes 24-48 Hrs. I've had 20+ long trips. Uber paid every one days later. The longest it's taken is 3 days for me.

tmwes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok. It didn't happen the other 2 times I had large fares, it especially didn't show 0. And my tolls were small, did the Hudson to Merritt.

JaniceCT

That used to happen to me early on. I've given many rides since and now it never happens. They holding the funds make sure it isn't a bogus ride, especially if your a new driver. Don't worry you'll get paid.

Long rides like this are what you want. Don't let anyone tell it's not worth it. I'd rather make $100 on one ride than give 15 short rides and make same amount

JaniceCT

Once you get back into state it's the perfect time to try out that new feature that looks for a ride going to your final destination

tmwes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not that new, since last September. This is my 3rd long NY run, never happened before. And I did try it, needs work. From Stamford I tried to pick Colchester, and it said too far. From Milford I tried to pick Essex...too far. On 95 in Milford I picked Madison, and it stuck. Never turned it on again, I went home early.

Squirming Like A Toad

I'm not that new, since last September. This is my 3rd long NY run, never happened before. And I did try it, needs work. From Stamford I tried to pick Colchester, and it said too far. From Milford I tried to pick Essex...too far. On 95 in Milford I picked Madison, and it stuck. Never turned it on again, I went home early.
If that's how it works it's kind of useless. Of course you won't expect to find a ride from Stamford going to Colchester, but getting you to: Bridgeport, New Haven, Waterbury etc. rather than back to NYC or Westchester would be a huge help.

Bad uber pro

They have been doing this for years now. I guess u never had a large fare. They used to hold the money till your next scheduled deposit