Trip time switcheroo

tlcraig215

I've noticed several times that I accept a long ride, but when I arrive the destination is considerably shorter. Three times accepting rides at the Pittsburgh airport (80 minutes, 62 minutes, 37 minutes), when I arrived the trip ended up being 30 minutes, 11 minutes, and 20 minutes, respectively. Has this happened to anybody else? The first two examples I accepted from outside the airport and drove about 20 minutes to pickup. There's no way I would've accepted the 11 minute trip 20 minutes away.

justaGoober

This happens to me fairly often. On Uber I get a notification of a long ride of 45+ minutes (I don’t get trip info anymore since Covid and my AR dropped) and it turns out to be far shorter than than 45 minutes. It’s probably happened 15 times in the last 5 weeks.

tohunt4me

I've noticed several times that I accept a long ride, but when I arrive the destination is considerably shorter. Three times accepting rides at the Pittsburgh airport (80 minutes, 62 minutes, 37 minutes), when I arrived the trip ended up being 30 minutes, 11 minutes, and 20 minutes, respectively. Has this happened to anybody else? The first two examples I accepted from outside the airport and drove about 20 minutes to pickup. There's no way I would've accepted the 11 minute trip 20 minutes away.
Dirty Deeds Done by Uber
Screenshot_2020-08-15-16-56-42.png

tlcraig215

It happened again yesterday. It seems to only be around the airport. I was on I576, about 4 miles/5 minutes out from the airport, and the notice says "25 miles, 30 minutes, 70 minute trip". So I accept it and when I get to the airport it's a 30 minute trip. Not bad... but NOT 70 minutes. Also, starting this week, the airport route is "unavailable" once a trip has been accepted. I feel bad for any first time drivers who don't know the airport and accept a trip.