• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Trip scheduling causing issues

UberxGTA

There seems to be an increasing trend of people expecting an uber to arrive at the exact time they scheduled an arrival time for.
Riders are neither reading the fine print or comprehend that a driver is 'not guaranteed' to show up at their requested time.
Riders are scheduling their 'readiness' for their expected arrival of their ride.
However, this is causing increased wait times for drivers because uber sends out the request 15 minutes early of the rider's scheduled time, especially at nighttime or low serviceable areas.
Driver arrives, rider not ready leads to increased wait times.

i_k

Uber doesn't seem to understand they're not an airline. All this mess with upfront pricing and scheduled pickups is of no use to the ride sharing industry. Unless they're willing to pay drivers to wait for 15 mins for a scheduled ride, it's nonsensical.

Malik1

It could be the other way also. I had a scheduled call for 10:00pm. I was filling gas at gas station. I thought I have enough time. I filled up then cleaned my windshield, cleaned windows. My phone was inside car. When I was done. I saw two text messages from pax that they are at Food Basis and waiting outside. Then they cancelled on me before I started to drive. I had enough time to get there as location was not that far.

Uberforall

There seems to be an increasing trend of people expecting an uber to arrive at the exact time they scheduled an arrival time for.
Riders are neither reading the fine print or comprehend that a driver is 'not guaranteed' to show up at their requested time.
Riders are scheduling their 'readiness' for their expected arrival of their ride.
However, this is causing increased wait times for drivers because uber sends out the request 15 minutes early of the rider's scheduled time, especially at nighttime or low serviceable areas.
Driver arrives, rider not ready leads to increased wait times.
I've had those before without even knowing it was scheduled! I show up and they tell me it was a scheduled ride and I'm late of which I had no idea , so I'm not sure whether Uber even knows just closet driver I guess.

UberxGTA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've had those before without even knowing it was scheduled! I show up and they tell me it was a scheduled ride and I'm late of which I had no idea , so I'm not sure whether Uber even knows just closet driver I guess.
im sure they rated you poorly for that too.

Zee786

It happened with me too in Oakvile. I dropped some one. I got a request , seconds before ending the trip, I accepted it and it was almost in next street. I was there in less than a minute. The guy told me I was late. I told him that I reached there within a minute. He told that he scheduled a ride and I am late 10 minutes. He must had given me 1 star as he got late from school class. Just inagine, if the first guy before had asked me to go to other stop, or anything, the other guy might been more late. Or if I had ignored the request. This pre arranged/booked rides are a joke.

Deoxlar

Here is how the uber scheduled ride works. You set a 15 minute time frame in which you want an uber by your door. Your uber app will automatically order for you 3 minutes before the start of your 15 minutes time frame.

I don't see how you can be ten minutes late, unless he ordered one ten minutes earlier and was canceled on because he took too long.

I also don't think that it's their fault because it's uber giving them the time frame, so logically it's common sense to assume that the car will be outside until the end of the time frame.

So after that driver cancels, he finds out and have to order a new one, that's where you came in and became late and victim of 1 star.

UberxGTA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They may have but I did explain that I had no idea and to take it up with uber .
I've had pax complain about pickup after they entered the wrong address and called them about it to point out their error. Not that it matters much.

You cancel on them you get the one star anyways ..
I don't start the trip until I have exchanged a greeting with the rider. If they start giving me sass, I tell them I don't make enough to put up with it. At that point they can cancel or I wait 5 min and collect the no show fee.

It's more often a case of them calling me angry. But I have had someone walk up to me and give me a blast of shit. And then ask me to unlock the doors so I can give them their discounted ride

Uberforall

It's more often a case of them calling me angry. But I have had someone walk up to me and give me a blast of shit. And then ask me to unlock the doors so I can give them their discounted ride
Well no one should have to take that but you can always fight fire with fire and report them as well.

Well no one should have to take that but you can always fight fire with fire and report them as well.
I considered reporting but with the customer oriented model Uber has I don'tsee it as worth my time.

It was similar when I was a cabby. I'd threaten to call the cops on trouble customers all the time, but it was never actually worth it to do so.

Malik1

I considered reporting but with the customer oriented model Uber has I don'tsee it as worth my time.

It was similar when I was a cabby. I'd threaten to call the cops on trouble customers all the time, but it was never actually worth it to do so.
If you complain about a customer and customer has already few complaints already. It will make a difference.