Trip mileage limits

ptuberx

I was under the impression that if a rider inserted a pickup point and a destination that exceeded a certain limit (30 miles?) that the app wouldn't accept it off the cuff. Then yesterday I had a pickup at Jordan Creek in the late afternoon, no surging. The destination was already set for the trip: Northwest campus town in Ames. almost 48 miles. The rider said it was her first day as an Uber user, and the app was fighting with her on the destination, but she eventually got it to work. I also had a wierd one last night where the pickup and destination address was exactly the same, and not where the rider was. He was very apologetic, called me right away, and explained the situation to me. Yesterday just seemed "odd" with pickups for some reason.

IowaShocker

I am not aware of mileage limits. I have had two pick-ups at the airport for rides to Ames. I also had one driver tell me he did a ride to Iowa City.

On a somewhat not related note; a couple months ago I had a "ping" for pick-up on Euclid...went to the house...but it was vacant. Sat there for a few min. then called the number of the rider. She tells me she is standing right out front. I confirm the address, and it matched exactly where I was waiting. I then start describing the house I am waiting at. She says no...she was in front of a hotel that is 20 stories tall on Miami Beach! YIKES! Told her sorry, I wont be able to pick her up. I told her to cancel the trip, and re-request for pick up for the address in Miami, not Des Moines!

ptuberx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am not aware of mileage limits. I have had two pick-ups at the airport for rides to Ames. I also had one driver tell me he did a ride to Iowa City.

On a somewhat not related note; a couple months ago I had a "ping" for pick-up on Euclid...went to the house...but it was vacant. Sat there for a few min. then called the number of the rider. She tells me she is standing right out front. I confirm the address, and it matched exactly where I was waiting. I then start describing the house I am waiting at. She says no...she was in front of a hotel that is 20 stories tall on Miami Beach! YIKES! Told her sorry, I wont be able to pick her up. I told her to cancel the trip, and re-request for pick up for the address in Miami, not Des Moines!
Same thing happened to me... pickup at Copper Creek in Pleasant Hill. Same as your story, vacant... I called, and the guy was at Copper Creek golf club in Illinois, not Iowa.