TRIGGERED: Picked up an Asian Lawyer, told me his dad is a Doctor, drove him 25 miles, great chat.....NO TIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

That person didn't understand "the point of this thread". The "point" is open to interpretation like every other thread on this site FFS. Cultural differences in tipping, cheapskates, doctors & lawyers don't tip, tipping is on a decline, chatting with a Pax is NO guarantee of a tip........
There, I just named 20 points of this thread......since when do these threads have to make a point? I come here to vent because nobody else cares except fellow ants with the same issues.
Maybe he was well aware of your chatter being simply tricking him into tipping.
Post automatically merged:

Excellent video!

Hard proof that with Uber/Lyft drivers:

TIPS ARE INCLUDED!
👍
$2/Hr.
Well done

tc49821

Well as long as you dont make a sour puss face with the sight of a brown person your fine. The issue triggered with the words "I am racist" . Which since have been clarified.

I personally dont think there is anything wrong with making a observation and stating an opinion. When it comes from a place of hate and anger like a "@@@@ them" that's when people need to step away.
It's not right if im a delivery guy for a pizzeria. If 90 percent of polish customer tip $1 or nothing. Everyone else tips 15 percent or more. When a polish name comes up for delivery,it's hard not to say fk I'm get stiffed.

vtcomics

Being married to an Asian lady for 20 years I had to chime in on this thread. My wife was not brought up in the culture of tipping. She was born there and when we first together I ordered a pizza and told her to give the delivery guy the extra as a tip. So she goes to the door and gets the pizza and awhile mlater were sitting there eating the pizza and I get a phone call. It's the manager of the Pizza store and he wanted to know if everything was OK with the pizza. I said yes it's fine , he said OK he wanted to make sure because the driver did not get a tip. I aksed my wife did you give the driver the money I gave you? She replied, No, I said why , she replied because it's his job. Now 20 years later she tips even more generously than I would sometimes.
Exactly. My wife is from China and moved here in 2012. Another poster said the stereotype is wrong, but it is the truth. My wife was totally perplexed why we tip. Tipping is an alien concept in many Asian countries. In China it is downright rude to try to tip, a loss of face according to my wife. American Asian is different; many of these folks have been here long enough to warm up to the tipping aspect of our society. My wife now tips generously. Better than I do frankly.

Mkang14

It's not right if im a delivery guy for a pizzeria. If 90 percent of polish customer tip $1 or nothing. Everyone else tips 15 percent or more. When a polish name comes up for delivery,it's hard not to say fk I'm get stiffed.
Yes, I understand. The Indians don't tip stereotype is a thing.

The problem was she literally said she was racist against Indians. She said the word! That was my issue. I was born in the melting pot, bay area. I absolutely loathe racism.

She later clarified she didn't mean it so it was squashed.

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
Eww wait am i the deena :eek:

Someone quoted me so I had to respond 🤷‍♀️.
No That's just me observing, with a lot of wine. You are out of the frame because you had enough and went over to another table. 😂

I don't know why Deena is still talking...

*Edit...Deener, like Angeliner....
Post automatically merged:

giphy (9).gif

f53a89b3c778c5c191a10f43077c72d4.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.