TRIGGERED: Picked up an Asian Lawyer, told me his dad is a Doctor, drove him 25 miles, great chat.....NO TIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

WNYuber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My rides equated with my ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ today, so I highly doubt he rated me then will go back and tip. Generally it's a package deal. Some people I just expect tips from, this dude was 1 of them. Yet a young chick I drop off at her Big Lots job tosses me a buck for a minimum fare ride, it makes no sense at all.

waldowainthrop

Easy answers:

- Some people don’t believe in tipping.
- Some people think you are being paid more than you are so don’t think tipping is important.
- Some people don’t understand the culture of tipping and don’t even know it’s possible in a rideshare context.

As for whether he will later, don’t be too sure. I have been surprised by people tipping over a week later and they loved the ride. You never really know with passengers. I’ve surprised the hell out of people as both a driver and a passenger. There are always surprises.

Keep on trucking, @WNYuber.

WNYuber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you're only looking for responses that you agree with, you're on the wrong forum.
That person didn't understand "the point of this thread". The "point" is open to interpretation like every other thread on this site FFS. Cultural differences in tipping, cheapskates, doctors & lawyers don't tip, tipping is on a decline, chatting with a Pax is NO guarantee of a tip........
There, I just named 20 points of this thread......since when do these threads have to make a point? I come here to vent because nobody else cares except fellow ants with the same issues.

waldowainthrop

Cultural differences in tipping, cheapskates, doctors & lawyers don't tip, tipping is on a decline, chatting with a Pax is NO guarantee of a tip........
There, I just named 20 points of this thread......since when do these threads have to make a point?
Don’t forget that this thread will be ammunition for people who hate or distrust Asian people. They will eat this thread up. Where are my race realists at?

Buck-a-mile

Don’t forget that this thread will be ammunition for people who hate or distrust Asian people. They will eat this thread up. Where are my race realists at?
Mainland Chinese people don't tip.
They don't tip at home, they are certainly not going to give money to a round eye driver.

Chinese culture is much different than ours. Visit, stay a while.
You won't go back.

First time my company sent me I was looking forward to the trip.

The next 3 trips .... They had to threaten my job to get me to go back.

There is little concept of compassion for humans or animals in China.

Mainland Chinese don't tip, because they don't understand the concept

waldowainthrop

Mainland Chinese people don't tip.
They don't tip at home, they are certainly not going to give money to a round eye driver.

Chinese culture is much different than ours. Visit, stay a while.
You won't go back.

First time my company sent me I was looking forward to the trip.

The next 3 trips .... They had to threaten my job to get me to go back.

There is little concept of compassion for humans or animals in China.

Mainland Chinese don't tip, because they don't understand the concept
I asked for race realists to weigh in, not people who have been to China. I’ve been to Hong Kong. I am decently familiar with differences in Chinese culture as I’ve had Chinese friends and driven Chinese people around a lot. I don’t particularly like Chinese culture even though Chinese people are fine by me.

Anyway, this guy could have been Indian too, as we didn't specify east Asian or Chinese. I came here for race realism.

Buck-a-mile

I asked for race realists to weigh in, not people who have been to China. I’ve been to Hong Kong. I am decently familiar with differences in Chinese culture as I’ve had Chinese friends and driven Chinese people around a lot. I don’t particularly like Chinese culture even though Chinese people are fine by me.

Anyway, this guy could have been Indian too, as we didn't specify east Asian or Chinese. I came here for race realism.
Hong Kong is not mainland China. I like Hong Kong, most people in Hong Kong speak English. Mainland China only the crooks spoke English. Hong Kong has an English infrastructure.

Mainland China is a very new nation.

Not even simular, even the language.
Post automatically merged:

WTF drivers.....?
Most people are geedy.

Rich people don't get rich by giving money away.

I'm old, now almost comfortable.

Truth is I gave 60% of my income to family and needy friends. Pretty much why I drive Uber.

Rich people don't do that shit.

Last edited:
How the hell can this be? He was dropping off his Cadillac Escalade to be detailed. We even had pleasant banter back and forth. I made him laugh numerous times.
People are so damn cheap nowadays. :i'm mad:
#stopthemadness

They are cheap. Like Indian. Yes I am racist. Deal with it folks

Today I got 30$ cash in tips. Old people and a single woman who works 3 jobs. She gave me 10$ because I helped her with the groceries and I usually don’t do that. She lives in a poor neighborhood but was so nice and tired. She told me that she must cook , get some sleep and then go clean offices near by. I respect people like her.

Status
Not open for further replies.