• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Tried driving at night and this happened

AmyinOC

I was on my way home from a friend's place. I knew it was late, but I was really close to the pick up location and the guy has a 5* rating, and I thought it would be a short ride around the neighborhood.

Then I picked him up near the Irvine police station. Started the trip, realized he didn't enter the destination. I asked for the address, but he just asked me to get on 5 south. He said he had no idea how he ended up in Irvine. Guess he was really drunk and the police gave him a ride and he took a nap at the police station.

So we went on 5 south, I asked him which exit should I take, he just told me to keep going. I asked for the address again but he still wouldn't tell me. So I drove almost 30 miles without knowing where I was going, if the trip was going to end. I was really nervous and scared, thinking about calling my friend and asking her to call 911 if I didn't contact her after 30 minutes. I would talk in my native language so the guy wouldn't understand. But I was too nervous to make the phone call.

Finally the trip ended and he was nice enough to ask me if I knew the way to go home. I locked the doors as soon as he got off of my car and drove away. Called my friend on my way home.

I guess it's not a big deal if I want to try driving at night. Maybe I just watched too much Criminal Minds.

Attachments

uberski

AmyinOC you should seriously consider having some pepper spray on hand. The small ones that go in the key chain. I hope you will never have to use it, but it will give you peace of mind. Your nerves will calm down after you get more rides under your belt. If they don't I would suggest you work a different shift. Maybe 5pm-9pm. The later it gets the more weirdos come out lol

soonsoon

I was on my way home from a friend's place. I knew it was late, but I was really close to the pick up location and the guy has a 5* rating, and I thought it would be a short ride around the neighborhood.

Then I picked him up near the Irvine police station. Started the trip, realized he didn't enter the destination. I asked for the address, but he just asked me to get on 5 south. He said he had no idea how he ended up in Irvine. Guess he was really drunk and the police gave him a ride and he took a nap at the police station.

So we went on 5 south, I asked him which exit should I take, he just told me to keep going. I asked for the address again but he still wouldn't tell me. So I drove almost 30 miles without knowing where I was going, if the trip was going to end. I was really nervous and scared, thinking about calling my friend and asking her to call 911 if I didn't contact her after 30 minutes. I would talk in my native language so the guy wouldn't understand. But I was too nervous to make the phone call.

Finally the trip ended and he was nice enough to ask me if I knew the way to go home. I locked the doors as soon as he got off of my car and drove away. Called my friend on my way home.

I guess it's not a big deal if I want to try driving at night. Maybe I just watched too much Criminal Minds.

Yikes! San Clemente? I've never been down south that far myself. *Always ask where the riders going before starting trip and if you don't want to go you can cancel. This sounds obvious but at night it's a good rule to remember. Glad it turned out good and the fare wasn't bad...did you dead mile back home?

AmyinOC

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lmfao u can't be so scared, you will get nervous and might mess up driving....you should drive in the morning better 5 am to 10 am easy hundred bucks
Even in the dead OC? Anyway I'm not able to drive in the morning, always a lot to do.

AmyinOC

trust your instincts....a stupid drunk who doesn't know how he got there is not a safe passenger
He was ok then, not drunk. I didn't find out those stuff until we were already on the freeway.

UberDude2

If a rider is so incoherent that they can't give you an addresses tell them you can't start driving till you get one. If they don't give you one ask them to exit your vehicle.

AmyinOC

AmyinOC you should seriously consider having some pepper spray on hand. The small ones that go in the key chain. I hope you will never have to use it, but it will give you peace of mind. Your nerves will calm down after you get more rides under your belt. If they don't I would suggest you work a different shift. Maybe 5pm-9pm. The later it gets the more weirdos come out lol
Thanks, I will definitely get one!

AmyinOC

Yikes! San Clemente? I've never been down south that far myself. *Always ask where the riders going before starting trip and if you don't want to go you can cancel. This sounds obvious but at night it's a good rule to remember. Glad it turned out good and the fare wasn't bad...did you dead mile back home?
Yes I did dead mile back.

poopy

Lordy.

I vote you quit this Uber thing.

It's not a good gig to begin with, and your personality and disposition are such, that stuff that most handle with ease (darkness, strangers), affect you in a bad way.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but to save you and others major grief.

If you should continue in this line of work, PLEASE do it weaponless.
Last thing you'll need is to be flying off an overpass of the 5 freeway in a car filled with pepperspray and/or bullet holes.

Good luck

PS: consider working at a petting zoo or a library.

<3

AmyinOC

You have a point but I guess a pepper spray won't hurt. I love petting zoo but it doesn't fit my schedule:smiles:
Lordy.

I vote you quit this Uber thing.

It's not a good gig to begin with, and your personality and disposition are such, that stuff that most handle with ease (darkness, strangers), affect you in a bad way.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but to save you and others major grief.

If you should continue in this line of work, PLEASE do it weaponless.
Last thing you'll need is to be flying off an overpass of the 5 freeway in a car filled with pepperspray and/or bullet holes.

Good luck

PS: consider working at a petting zoo or a library.

<3

poopy

OK,

But try this experiment:

Buy two.
Take one, and about a 1'x1'x1' cardboard box. Now get in a closet. Holding the box, spray about a two second burst into the open end of the box (98% of pepperspray will contain a dye for identification purposes). Now remain in the closet for 10 seconds. Get out of the closet.

Now as you're likely choking gagging and have liquids coming out of every orifice in your head except your ears, try to imagine yourself driving.

Thank you for your patronage.

UberDude2

OK,

But try this experiment:

Buy two.
Take one, and about a 1'x1'x1' cardboard box. Now get in a closet. Holding the box, spray about a two second burst into the open end of the box (98% of pepperspray will contain a dye for identification purposes). Now remain in the closet for 10 seconds. Get out of the closet.

Now as you're likely choking gagging and have liquids coming out of every orifice in your head except your ears, try to imagine yourself driving.

Thank you for your patronage.
Is that a dye in the spray or is that just the cayenne pepper? Hmmmmm, you're a pretty smart ass!

cayenne.jpg

uberski

Is that a dye in the spray or is that just the cayenne pepper? Hmmmmm, you're a pretty smart ass!

View attachment 12001
The ones with the pink dye are usually only sold to security guards and law enforcement. That shit is pretty strong. The dye is neon pink. Makes it easier to I'd someone. And I'm not suggesting she use the spray on someone while driving. Pull over first lol.