Uber Drivers Forum banner

Tricks to see surge ?

921 views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  LoveBC 
#1 ·
How can I see surges in LA when I'm in OC. I'm sure there are ways around this but I haven't figured it out or seen any threads or posts about it. Please inlighten me, thanks

I'm a daytime driver and live in Orange County and nearly every time I do UberX I get rides to LAX and then when I'm in LA, I usually see a lot of surges.
I started only doing Select and Lyft lux when Uber dropped the pay and now I hardly ever get runs to LA anymore and OC can be slow at times. Considering doing DF to LAX on regular Lyft, I'm not going to do UberX unless above 1.5x surge.
Please advise, thanks

#2 ·
Everybody used to download Surgechaser from the app store. Pay 5.99 for one month and you could see the surge history of any place where you drop a ping. It wont give you a live map with all the surges going around at a given moment.
You could always make a second account, and put LA as default location, but thats a hassle.

#12 ·
I stand correct!
His response to my original post was total BS and I call him out on it. You guys see that I'm new and you assume that makes me an ant. Either you didn't read my OP or you have very poor comprehension. I'm 59 and retired and I drive to help fund my long range ocean sport fishing trips.

Yes, I stand correct!

#13 ·
I stand correct!
His response to my original post was total BS and I call him out on it. You guys see that I'm new and you assume that makes me an ant. Either you didn't read my OP or you have very poor comprehension. I'm 59 and retired and I drive to help fund my long range ocean sport fishing trips.

Yes, I stand correct!
They assumed you're an ant cos of what u said. U might well have been an ant for years, who knows.

Hat Cap Font Rectangle Material property

#16 ·
The definition of an ant varies around here. Some think that getting a 2.0x 45+ X ping to the middle of nowhere is a total loss if you dont get $50 tip to make up for the deadmiles back. If one is a robot and just think in numbers, without the humanity factor, then of course the numbers are not on one's favor. But here we are talking about extra income that one can get RIGHT NOW to help them with certain aspects of their life. An ant for me is one that takes everything U/L sends them.

#20 ·
I don’t think there are any tricks available. Uber surge goes off of your GPS / cellular data (Orange / Riverside/ San Bernardino/ Los Angeles) county. It’s easy to tell that, because as soon as you cross County lines you will have to remember to turn off X as Uber will switch it up for you automatically.

The only way one could see data in another county is you guessed it.... hack your GPS on a device to be in LA... only problem with that is....if that is your main device well you will get rides as you are in a location that you are not really in.

There might be a trick, I don’t know it, doubt anyone is really willing to post it or give up their cheat sheet.

What sucks is Uber making you dip down to X to even see the surge while in select, them bastar..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.