Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Tricks to get 5 stars

Ratings 
6K views 42 replies 25 participants last post by  driverguy77 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I work for a podcast called Reply All and I'm curious about tools or tricks people use to get 5 star ratings. Like, does it matter how clean the car is? Do you keep certain chargers in the vehicle? I am hoping to get to talk to some drivers.

If you are up for chatting, please message me.

Thank you!

Phia Bennin

#2 ·
There is no trick to guarantee a 5 star rating unless you take their phone and do it yourself. The way Pax rate is random. Travis is the only uber driver with a 5 star rating ( according to him on the Stephen Colbert show.)

#17 ·
End trip 30 seconds early... In loud voice tell pax how awesome s/he was and for that you are giving 5 stars while making sure they see the phone screen with stars... And remind them to open the app and rate as well... When they are leaving, you can give appropriate stars and move on. No guarantee but seems to have worked for me since I used this approach. Works especially well when pax are partners/girlfriend boyfriend.

#18 ·
haha i had a guy try to trick me into 5stars by tellin me he knows who rates him low cause uber gives him a timeframe of when he got a bad rating.....soooo
BoooooooM 1star for him.....

Next day got the same driver and he didnt say crap to me so i know that he doesnt know sooooo
BoooooooM 1star again
Let that be a lesson to try to not to try to con me hehe :D

#19 ·
Well, there IS something I started just over a week ago when my ratings were down and I got an email from Uber suggesting I attend a seminar for it.
I typed the following into a notepad on my phone so it could be cut and pasted to a message to the passenger at the end of a ride (after they got out):
I've given you a 5 star rating.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR 5 STAR RATING.
Then I ended the trip and gave them the 5*.
That's it! It worked! I went from a 4.23 to now a 4.50! I assumed that part of the reason for the low ratings was a lack of relationship between myself and the passengers. They get in, then get out. Most don't chat, so no real connections are made. About half of those I send that message to send one back thanking me.
Keep in mind that they cannot rate you until you and the trip, so by sneaking that little acknowledgement in before ending it, you make the positive connection and remind them to rate you positively as well.
Works for me, May for you.
Good luck!

#22 ·
haha i had a guy try to trick me into 5stars by tellin me he knows who rates him low cause uber gives him a timeframe of when he got a bad rating.....soooo
BoooooooM 1star for him.....

Next day got the same driver and he didnt say crap to me so i know that he doesnt know sooooo
BoooooooM 1star again
Let that be a lesson to try to not to try to con me hehe :D
He told you the truth. Uber was giving 1/7/30/365 averages in the driver web panel. So you just admitted to being a huge dussch.

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#26 ·
Stars are overrated and do nothing to help pay the bills.

#30 ·
Well, you just go ahead and enjoy your orgasm from giving one star there buddy.

#34 ·
I work for a podcast called Reply All and I'm curious about tools or tricks people use to get 5 star ratings. Like, does it matter how clean the car is? Do you keep certain chargers in the vehicle? I am hoping to get to talk to some drivers.
In Austin, some pax are given a "Thumbs Up / Down" option or "Smiley/Frowny Face" option instead of the 5 Stars ... so for those pax it's either give the driver 5* or 1* with nothing in between.

That said, I drive UberLux ... my car is spotless (cleaned daily), I have chargers & mints available for my pax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.