Treating Drivers Like Scum

BuckSF

This morning I walked into the Uber center on John Daly Boulevard to request help in changing my e-mail. I reported the app gave me an error message and would not allow me to do it.

The employee looked at me as if I was some creature that slimed out from underneath the rim of the toilet seat, and then asked why I would want to do that.

I replied I created a new e-mail address that would be dedicated to Uber communications. A dedicated e-mail address would allow me to better manage the e-mails that come in from Uber.

It then asked what was wrong with my existing e-mail.

I said nothing, it works fine, I just don't want Uber communications routing to it.

She then looked like I had come in to conduct fraud, and carefully said e-mail addresses are a part of the contract you signed up with, and cannot be changed. With a look of disgust on her face, she said that I can change anything else, not the e-mail.

I am amazed, absolutely amazed, at how poorly I was treated.

She treated me like I was the creature I described above, who then sought to conduct some lewd criminal act.

I can understand poor treatment online through chat because it may be an AI response, or they may be outsourcing to a country where the employee has English as a 2nd or 3rd or 4th+ language... I'm quite understanding when that applies.

However, in person it is a different matter altogether. A human being should still be treated like a human being, and a person behind a counter should act like the person approaching them for help is a human being.

When I was mostly a passenger, drivers frequently told me the company does not treat them well.

I believe it.

What statistics of drivers do they look at in order to justify treating drivers so poorly?

The Mollusk

IMO, the OP is being fraudulent by trying to change his email address. He shouldn't have to change it if he has nothing to hide also treat employees with respect.

manuella

To be honest you just referred to a human being as "it" my guess is you may be caused the response you got.

That office is quiet helpful , they have to navigate / fix the messes that land on their laps whoever knows how many times in a way they are like us probably poorly paid , those are not the people to have a negative attitude with ! Reserve it for the managers

Ubering

I stopped by there for the first time to get more Uber symbol stickers as the stickiness was fading away. There was a lady by the front door that i asked for some more. She did not seem pleased to give more out. Asking what is wrong with the current one. Its like i had to twist her arm for one. Come on lady.

The Mollusk

That's the problem with you millennials. You should have just used the one you had. You don't need a new one everytime.

yucklyftline

IMO, the OP is being fraudulent by trying to change his email address. He shouldn't have to change it if he has nothing to hide also treat employees with respect.
Explain to me how changing an email is fraudelent. I'm thinking of doing the same, but I know it won't take a trip to the office to get it done.

In hindsight, a new email address should have been created specifically for ride sharing. I agree with the OP on that issue. I don't want to miss communications that will make me money hiding in a flood of Chipotle and Hillary 2016 spam emails

BuckSF

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
To be honest you just referred to a human being as "it" my guess is you may be caused the response you got.
Ah, that's a reactive typo inspired by the way I was treated, so it's possible you are correct. It could have been my demeanor inside the center, and they way I approached her.

The Mollusk

You guys are trying to scam Uber, which makes it harder for regular drivers like me.

Buck is 23, a millennial and has probably never worked an honest day in his life.

What the OP needs to do is to stop being such a complainer and scam the system.

Uber on !!

HotRodriguez75

You guys are trying to scam Uber, which makes it harder for regular drivers like me.

Buck is 23, a millennial and has probably never worked an honest day in his life.

What the OP needs to do is to stop being such a complainer and scam the system.

Uber on !!
What is there to scam? This is a technology company that should not be using a email address as a validation point or for reporting. They allow updating a phone number because people change providers and get new numbers. Email addresses are being changed for whatever reason.

Sounds like you are a disgruntled paranoid technically challenged old man that comes on here to start crap.

I am far from a millennial, however I use gmail aliases to manage my email, which is similar to what the OP is trying to do.

Here are examples:
  • [email protected] - Automatically goes to folder since I don't deal with dipshits
  • [email protected] - Automatically goes to Uber folder and stays out of my inbox
  • [email protected] - For when you have to use an email address to register and very similar to the first.

luvgurl22

This morning I walked into the Uber center on John Daly Boulevard to request help in changing my e-mail. I reported the app gave me an error message and would not allow me to do it.

The employee looked at me as if I was some creature that slimed out from underneath the rim of the toilet seat, and then asked why I would want to do that.

I replied I created a new e-mail address that would be dedicated to Uber communications. A dedicated e-mail address would allow me to better manage the e-mails that come in from Uber.

It then asked what was wrong with my existing e-mail.

I said nothing, it works fine, I just don't want Uber communications routing to it.

She then looked like I had come in to conduct fraud, and carefully said e-mail addresses are a part of the contract you signed up with, and cannot be changed. With a look of disgust on her face, she said that I can change anything else, not the e-mail.

I am amazed, absolutely amazed, at how poorly I was treated.

She treated me like I was the creature I described above, who then sought to conduct some lewd criminal act.

I can understand poor treatment online through chat because it may be an AI response, or they may be outsourcing to a country where the employee has English as a 2nd or 3rd or 4th+ language... I'm quite understanding when that applies.

However, in person it is a different matter altogether. A human being should still be treated like a human being, and a person behind a counter should act like the person approaching them for help is a human being.

When I was mostly a passenger, drivers frequently told me the company does not treat them well.

I believe it.

What statistics of drivers do they look at in order to justify treating drivers so poorly?
I think you are being delusional.She didn't say anything rude,you just didn't like how she was "looking at you" .Could just be in your head, it's not a serious enough situation for her to have a "personal vendetta" against you