1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Travis keeps telling peoole not to tip

Discussion in 'Tips' started by aJoe, May 17, 2017.

1. Uberfunitis

Uberfunitis Well-Known Member

That is true, I can only say how I perceive them, and rate accordingly.

Zoey jasmine likes this.
  2. rod knocker

rod knocker New Member

everyone helps me out I'm nice to everyone unless there n *******

Zoey jasmine likes this.
  3. handiacefailure

handiacefailure Active Member

That's what I'm thinking as well. Why would someone that drives for Uber be opposed to tipping drivers????

KellyC and Zoey jasmine like this.
  4. A T

A T Well-Known Member

Travis KALADICK

5. Uberfunitis

I am an Uber driver who is against tipping, because tipping has gotten out of control. Everywhere you go and everything you do someone has their hand out wanting additional money for doing their job. Not only is the notion that I should be tipped spreading to more and more occupations the percent amount that is expected of the tip keeps creeping up.

I simply refuse to take part in this scam any longer. Tips are supposed to supplement income, but many times the people getting the tips are making more than anyone realizes. Tips are turning many jobs that should be low paying jobs into above average paying jobs simply because everyone feels sorry for the low paid worker who is making more than them but that fact is hidden. Additionally tips especially cash tips are many times not reported for tax purposes.

I feel I would come out ahead if I were not to receive tips, but also were not expected to pay them out to everyone and their brother. As I have said before sure prices would go up but not by the amount that people are being tipped currently in the end I would have more money in my pocket, and that is why I am an Uber driver who is against tips.

6. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Drawn and Quartered comes to mind.

Perhaps, Broken on the Wheel.

Attached Files:

aJoe likes this.
  7. aJoe

aJoe Well-Known Member

How many millionaires that work for cash tips do you know? Anyone who works for cash tips puts that money back into the economy, billionaire hoarders are not paying their fair share of taxes and not putting the money back into the economy, it's just a numbers game to see who can die with the most money.

KellyC, Zoey jasmine and tohunt4me like this.
  8. tohunt4me

At uberpay rates, who pays taxes ?
    Uber is a drain on the National Economy

aJoe likes this.
  9. Uberfunitis

I disagree that the wealthy are not paying their fair share of income tax, you have half the country that pays almost nothing in income tax. Sure the wealthy my pay a lower percentage of their income in income taxes but even at that lower percentage they pay the vast majority of all income tax collected. Everyone puts their money back into the economy, hardly anybody with any money at all would put their money under the mattress. The rich put their money back into the economy in investments and loans, sure they make money in return for this but that money is still in the economy circulating. I am sure that there are individuals that scam their way into paying nothing who have money but there are not many of them and it is quite isolated.

I ran at a profit last year with Uber. If one is not making money doing business, or at least working a plan that will make them profitable in the future, what is the point in doing that job, why stay with it?

10. tohunt4me

Attached Files:

11. Veju

Veju Well-Known Member

Classic cutting off your nose despite your face hero. If you really cared about doing away with tipping, you'd advocate for living wages. Tipping would naturally disappear.

KellyC and Springfield Honda like this.
  12. Uberfunitis

I actually do advocate for wages to go up, I think they should in many cases. I however do not advocate for some law that would define some minimal living wage let the free market determine what that living wage should be. If people would stop taking jobs that do not pay them what they feel they need to live on than employers would pay what is needed and raise prices as needed to maintain profit. Likewise though if my expenses are low or I have income from other sources I should be able to determine for myself that I am willing to work at a price point that others may not be able too.

13. Veju

Veju Well-Known Member

Ah, the perfect world where the free market benefits the prol's. You're living in fairy land my man.

Springfield Honda and aJoe like this.
  14. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Tips by law have to be given to the person getting them IN FULL. Since uber takes a percentage of everything, tips are clearly not part of our compensation. They HAVE to be a separate line item.

They are also generally voluntary, so if a customer wants to not tip, they can. To put in a tip regardless of the customers wishes it has to be stated clearly to the customer (like restaurants sometimes do with large parties, or Favor delivery does by having a minimum tip of $2 already added in.)

tohunt4me likes this.
  15. Uberfunitis

Never said it was a perfect world or system or one what would benefit anyone, it is the only one that allows the most freedom, both to make good and bad decisions.

What law is it where it is required explicitly that tips be a separate line item? There are many establishments that have tip sharing policies or even places where tips are given and fees are taken also. For example a hair salon may charge a person working for the chair etc but still give tips to them even if the tip is offset with other associated fees. There are even restaurants that are advertising that tips are included starting to pop up. I am by no means an expert in law but would be interested in what exact law you are referencing.

16. Veju

Veju Well-Known Member

Freedom is just a word when the people are starving.

tohunt4me likes this.
  17. aJoe

aJoe Well-Known Member

Communism is just a word where the people are starving.

tohunt4me likes this.
  18. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Tips aren't included, saying so is both a lie and interference in free trade. Tips have never been required, but are a social norm.

You are a cheap bastard and an embarrassment to your family. The reason there is an over abundance of drivers is due to a lack of available jobs, not high pay to drivers.

No industry but rideshare has a 96% turnover rate. Note rideshare is usually not even a minimum wage job.

You just can't stop proclaiming what a jerk you are.

No, "tips are included" means a tip was added to the driver's compensation.

If you don't see the lie, you are a moron

He lost $3BILLION last year. He is trying to establish a monopoly, even tho that means losing money faster than any company in history has ever done. Will he be successful? I doubt it. Even if he does succeed in creating a monopoly, he will have to raise rates, even with driverless cars (unlikely given a $26 billion lawsuit for stealing the technology). There is no barrier to prevent anyone else from stepping in.

Nothing else matters as long as you can save a buck? Do you seek out bargain merchandise made by child slave labor?

Actually, you are the employer and you do pay our salary.

I perceive you as a cheap prick trying to justify your actions.

KellyC, Springfield Honda and aJoe like this.
  19. prove you are not a robot or troll

20. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Restaurants which advertise tips are INCLUDED are not taking a percentage the same way uber is. And honestly I haven't seen that stated. Most simply advertise the pay is enough to not require tipping.. And any business which requires a tip has to say so. Required tips are a different ballgame however, and are paid to the employer directly, so don't all have to go to the employee. Strictly speaking, they're not tips, and get called a "gratuity."

Tip sharing is a whole different issue and is addressed separately.

Oh, this does refer to employees, but we are even further removed from puber, so they have even less right to our tips. Tip sharing would not apply since we are not working with anyone else, so I don't know why you'd even bring it up. Neither would tip credits, since there is no way to know our income since uber only sees our net revenue, not our expenses.

Charging for the space in a salon or similar charges is a separate issue, and I don't know why you think it's related to tips. Yes, the bookkeeping may add and subtract, but the tips will be kept track of separately, despite the person getting one check.

See #9

http://www.workplacefairness.org/tipped-employees

Last edited: May 20, 2017