1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Travis Kalanick w/Colbert Late Show Interview

Discussion in 'Stories' started by Jvc21, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Jvc21

Jvc21 Well-Known Member

Interview:

Was told there was some hecklers from the taxi industry. Why weren't there any from Uber drivers? Not once did they mention how good (or lousy) driving for uber is.

Casuale Haberdasher and Txchick like this.
  2. Jvc21

Jvc21 Well-Known Member

Colbert: what's your drivers rating?
    Travis: it's a 5.0.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

3. Jam Val

Jam Val Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I can't even watch this cause I know it's just a bunch of "blah blah bs bs blah blah".

4. observer

observer Moderator Moderator

Worse than blahh blah bs bs blah,

Uber PR needs to keep him locked up and away from tv interviews.

Colbert interviewing a fish would have been more interesting.

5. UberBlackPr1nce

UberBlackPr1nce Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    This dude travis thinks he's gods gift to the world. Colbert made this dude look like a fool with his uber eats idea. The fact that he stated he's an uber driver with a 5 star rating just goes to show how out of touch he really is. I hope he rides with bodyguards during his uber rides. One of these days one of these taxi guys are going to get him....

Teksaz and UberNorthStar like this.
  6. borrowedtune

borrowedtune Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Taxi cab drivers have to pay $40,000 for a car. Uber drivers use their own car, which was magically bestowed upon them by a wizard for free and costs nothing to operate.

7. observer

observer Moderator Moderator

Btw, I'm sure the heckler threw him for a loop, he thinks everyone thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, the heckler shocked him.

The segment wasn't helped either by that funereal music they played at his introduction, I wonder if that was planned.

8. ATX 22

ATX 22 Well-Known Member

Colbert kind of punked him on the UberEats stuff, but he didn't get in depth at all about anything else.
    Epic failure on a chance to expose TK for the greedy, slithering little snake he is.
    "We have Tesla Ubers". No, jackass, Uber doesn't own a single car, some dumbass has a Tesla, and he's stupid enough to pick up pax in it.
    Nice recovery on surge pricing, too, TK. Do you know how we know that was a pack of lies? Your lips were moving.

9. Sdusa2

Sdusa2 Member

I've never seen a worse interview than that. Colbert schooled him on Uber Eats...I agree with the poster about keeping him off the tv and away from the mike. He is an arrogant prick with no personality. Just rich is what makes him who he is. I hope a taxi driver gets into an accident with TK while he is out earning his 5.0 rating...hopefully Obama will be in the car and they have a head-on deadly collision. Take out two for one!!!

Casuale Haberdasher and Teksaz like this.
  10. KeJorn

KeJorn Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
  11. KeJorn

KeJorn Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Post in comment section of that article:

Colbert is a class act.

That said, Travis Kalanick (Uber CEO) is not.

There are pros and cons to Uber. The obvious pros are that many customers love the service because it offers lower cost (UberX, not so much UberBlack, etc) and better service (all platforms). The cons are that the drivers are NOT better paid than taxi drivers and Uber has passed this illusion on based on early pricing schemes. Current UberX pricing is EXTREMELY low, to the point the driver (who have to maintain the vehicles) cannot make enough for a living, let alone maintain their vehicle (UNLESS they have a full time job outside of Uber that is supplementing their Uber income and thus helping fill those gaps). As a result of major rate cuts, there has been a VERY high driver turnover, with many seasoned drivers quitting out of necessity, while Uber continues to onboard new drivers with ‘new’ cars... thus keeping the illusion everything is honky dory. There are MANY issues being brought up lately, some more valid than others. You cannot blame the general public for being unaware of these issues, as there are so many different voices on the subject hitting the news. Just understand, Uber is not all roses and rainbows. They have proven they are extremely aggressive (not always in a good way) and want to pass on a persona that does not match their behavior or truth. While taxis have their flaws, all taxi drivers are not bad. The taxi system (esp the companies operating taxis) are to blame for the current state of affairs of the taxi system. They allowed it to run itself into the ground affecting quality and customer service. However taxi drivers are actually in the same boat as Uber drivers that are becoming just as frustrated with the current state of things. While the low cost of UberX is appealing to customers, it is NOT sustainable to drivers. However, with all the misinformation out there, the pool of new drivers has not subsided, thus UberX appears to still be going strong even at these low prices. It is an illusion that is bound to burst if not changed soon. The effects of Uber have had negative effects (not all positive) on the transportation industry in general. These issues should not be taken lightly.

12. F-uber

F-uber Well-Known Member

That is really sick. You need help.

13. Sdusa2

Sdusa2 Member

F-uber: you have your sick opinion and I have mine..if you don't like mine, block me or STFU

14. Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't know. Is it just me, or did Travieboi come across as remarkably..."Humanish?" That GUber AI must be much farther along than anyone has anticipated. Hmmm.

15. DB2448

DB2448 Active Member

He should go undercover.

16. stuber

stuber Well-Known Member

You lost me at the last sentence. Can we just bash one at a time? I'll grant you that Obama has been mediocre, but good God man! At least he's not an international embarrassment like his two predecessors.

Casuale Haberdasher likes this.
  17. stuber

stuber Well-Known Member

Colbert should have resurrected the old "Truthiness" bit for that segment.

18. frndthDuvel

frndthDuvel Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

19. Sdusa2

Sdusa2 Member

No sir but I believe in an eye for an eye. And where does religion come out of this convo? Keep drinking the kool-aid. I have my beliefs and you have yours...nuf said

20. stuber

stuber Well-Known Member

There's no way that guy summons "random" UBER cars. He has an actual private driver who logs in once Travis gets in the car. OK, maybe a couple of drivers...just to help maintain the illusion.