1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Travis Kalanick Buys Manhattan Penthouse for $36 Million

Discussion in 'News' started by BurgerTiime, Nov 7, 2018 at 8:34 AM.

1. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    The ride-hailing giant’s former leader purchased a Soho apartment with a private 20-foot outdoor pool in a Renzo Piano-designed building

[​IMG]
    Travis Kalanick, co-founder of ride-hailing giant Uber who was pushed out as chief executive by investors last year, has inked a deal to buy a glamorous New York City penthouse for about $36.4 million, according to people familiar with the deal.
    [​IMG]
    The Soho penthouse is located in an under-construction building on Broome Street, in a building designed by Pritzker Prize-winning Italian architect Renzo Piano. It was on the market for $40.5 million, The Wall Street Journal reported in April.
    [​IMG]
    The four-bedroom apartment measures 6,655 square feet and will have a private elevator that opens into the unit, floor-to-ceiling windows and two terraces leading from the entertaining spaces. It also will have a rooftop terrace with a private 20-foot heated outdoor pool and an outdoor kitchen.

The building, which is slated to be completed by the end of the year, will include a private covered porte-cochere with a mechanical parking system that moves cars into a garage. There will also be a fitness center and a 55-foot pool.

Italian real-estate firm Bizzi & Partners Development is developing the project in partnership with Aronov Development and Halpern Real Estate Ventures. Douglas Elliman Development Marketing is leading sales at the building.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/uber-co-founder-travis-kalanick-buys-manhattan-penthouse-for-36-million-1541606432

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018 at 8:41 AM
    Ziplock, tohunt4me and Z129 like this.
  2. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    From atop of his penthouse looking downward towards the street, all the picketers will appear as ants. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018 at 10:04 AM
  3. I had a weird feeling looking at the highrise next to the pool...it reminded me the Texas school books depository....

4. A house built by millions of ants.

mrpjfresh, Ziplock, MoreTips and 6 others like this.
  5. SurgeMasterMN

SurgeMasterMN

Thats a long fall to the street from the Ivory Tower..

MoreTips likes this.
  6. JimKE

JimKE

Just wondering if anyone will get that!

Ubereater likes this.
  7. 20181107_183241.jpg

8. [​IMG]

Pax Collector and tohunt4me like this.
  9. GOOD !
    I hope he enjoys the hell out of it !

Travis worked hard for everything he got.
    A REAL HUSTLER.

BEST WISHES TO " OUR FEARLESS LEADER"!

Just Dont invite Ariana Huffington over.

10. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

He bought the unit that Bill Cosby had to sell in order to pay his attorneys. Cosby’s little black book was included in the purchase.

MoreTips and tohunt4me like this.
  11. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

Built by the sucker investors, really. Since they don't get enough money from the pax to pay for the drivers we know it's the investors that pay his salary, not drivers.

FaaaUber and Pax Collector like this.
  12. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Or do you mean the tower on the UT campus?

13. kcdrvr15

kcdrvr15

Driving:
    Lyft
    I don't wish him well. Tis would be better if his new digs were in Rikers Island

MoreTips likes this.
  14. Lee239

Lee239

i hope he falls off a balcony.

15. kcdrvr15

kcdrvr15

Driving:
    Lyft
    Fall off ? Id rather he jump off the balcony.

16. Lee239

Lee239

I hope he takes up sailing.

17. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    He sure did cash in a golden ticket considering he should’ve faced a grand jury for a multitude of reasons.