Transporting Husky Passengers

MarcG

Wondering how drivers with smaller vehicles handle transporting the plus size passengers? This morning I picked up a very corpulent gentleman who, with the seat back as far as it would go, expanded all the way out to the dashboard. I don't see how he possibly could have fit into a smaller vehicle.

LondonONTdriver

Once the shame starts to sink into that guy either 1 of two things will happen.

1. He will better his life by making lifestyle changes to drop some weight

Or

2. He will order UBER XL after realizing he has become so large he no longer fits into a standard car.

Uberchampion

I've had big pax in my Honda civic. I bet that pax know what kind of car they can fit in before driver shows up and will cancel cars they won't fit in☺

UberJag

I had a guy that was 6' 10.5" sit in the front seat of my Jaguar S-Type, which is a big car and with the seat all the way back his legs were smashed up against the glove box! He was one of my nicest pax ever and not just because he gave me a tip!

Coachman

I've had a couple hugely obese guys get in my car. One was so big we could barely get the seat belt around him. Both sat in the front seat and put the seat all the way back.

Darrell

Try driving UberSUV where it clearly states a maximum of 7 riders can fit and these idiots try cramming 9 or 10 people in. Happens more than you think it would too. The first time it happened I complained to Uber to see if I can get more money, nope, they basically tell me that I am transporting pax unsafely when I do that and they would advise I not do it anymore. Lol. So now I get my extra $ 10 or $ 15 in cash from the pax directly.

raquela2020

There is one very large guy who I have given a ride to 3 times. When he gets in my car, he fits, but I winced when my car lowered by inches! UGH! To top it off, the longest ride has been 1/2 a mile....shortest was a block and a half. Not a decent fare....No tip, no nothing....I know his name now and will cancel (and it's only a matter of time) his next request!!

Jufkii

Wondering how drivers with smaller vehicles handle transporting the plus size passengers? This morning I picked up a very corpulent gentleman who, with the seat back as far as it would go, expanded all the way out to the dashboard. I don't see how he possibly could have fit into a smaller vehicle.
I''ve had four 350 lb+ dudes the last couple of weeks. And 2 were brothers sharing the same ride. What made it worse was 2 of the other ones smelled like barn yards as well. Might be prejudice but when I see super huge PAX i cancel and scoot out of there. New shocks and suspensions aren't cheap to me.

MarcG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't mind transporting them to where they need to go as long as they can wedge themselves in and get the seatbelt on.

MikesUber

Yeah the Caliber isn't that big so they have to squeeze in sometimes lol makes me wince watching.

Reenactment: :eek:

Oscar Levant

I once was a pax, and a Prius arrived with a driver almost as big as the car.

It can be done, apparently.

I think I am going to start a thread about how bad it is when my 5' 98 pd girlfriend forgets to put the seat back and I forget to look and wedge my 6'9" 375 pd body between the seat and steering window..Maybe I should stop giving rides to skinny people because they get lost in the rear seat cushions and complain about how heavy my town car doors are that they use there feet to kick them open or maybe no redheads because there soul suckers and will steal your soul..we are in the customer service business not the only if your cute or fit or smell good business..money is money..god I am starting to sound like uber mike...

simpsonsverytall

Had Pax who was a husky gentleman and could not secure seat belt.
We both had a go at it and he was out of breath.
Luckily we were able to fasten it and begin trip, although I felt bad for the fellow, and was worried that he would bend or damage the buckle.
I bought a seat belt extender for $12 online and always keep it on hand due to the growing population.

JMBF831

Luckily we were able to fasten it and begin trip, although I felt bad for the fellow, and was worried that he would bend or damage the buckle.
I bought a seat belt extender for $12 online and always keep it on hand due to the growing population.
Seriously? How big was he, Jesus...

You have to be talking like 400+ right?

MarcG

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's been my experience that the larger population tends to be in the lower income areas of town.

Dammit Mazzacane

Not trying to drag up an old thread (I just did) but can we use our vehicle's Gross Combined Weight Rating to note whether we can take passengers and use that as a statement?

I took two extremely heavy people once in the back -- they didn't really fit -- and I could tell it was weighing down the back of the car to the level of imbalance. I did not like that ride at all. This was at least 600 lbs on the back, more likely 700 lbs.

But if you point the GCWR, that would just piss the passenger off.... so can you just reject and tell them they need a bigger car?

For what it's worth, a Prius has a weight load limit of about 825 lbs. Similar models probably are similar weight load limits.
The Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, and Mazda6 midsized sedans, for example, all have a combined load capacity of 850 lbs. for passengers and cargo. That means that four 195-lb. passengers, which is about average for an American male according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), would be close to maxing out any of those sedans’ capacities as soon as they got in.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...r-weight-limits-and-weight-capacity/index.htm

Red Leader

Not trying to drag up an old thread (I just did) but can we use our vehicle's Gross Combined Weight Rating to note whether we can take passengers and use that as a statement?

I took two extremely heavy people once in the back -- they didn't really fit -- and I could tell it was weighing down the back of the car to the level of imbalance. I did not like that ride at all. This was at least 600 lbs on the back, more likely 700 lbs.

But if you point the GCWR, that would just piss the passenger off.... so can you just reject and tell them they need a bigger car?

For what it's worth, a Prius has a weight load limit of about 825 lbs. Similar models probably are similar weight load limits.
The Ford Fusion, Honda Accord, and Mazda6 midsized sedans, for example, all have a combined load capacity of 850 lbs. for passengers and cargo. That means that four 195-lb. passengers, which is about average for an American male according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), would be close to maxing out any of those sedans’ capacities as soon as they got in.
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...r-weight-limits-and-weight-capacity/index.htm
Or just hook up a remote trigger alarm and when they get in...set it off. Have it announce very loud......gross vehicle weight rating exceeded, vehicle disabled.

CTwheelmonkey

I haven't had any big passengers yet, but I am heavy - use and extender for comfort (also short and it changes the belt geometry a bit to keep it off my neck). The extender came as half of pair off Amazon, about $20. Other one stays in the glovebox in case it's needed. Having ridden as a passenger a few times, I was always aware of my size getting in would not expect to have been driven if I didn't fit in the vehicle. I'm sure I would have been very appreciative if my driver had an extender in hand. Also saves some time if your passenger can just click and go as opposed to wrestling with the damned thing for five minutes while you wait, burning gas.

SEAL Team 5

Have it announce very loud......gross vehicle weight rating exceeded, vehicle disabled.
Now that is a very politically correct announcement. I guess I need to change mine that announces "Hey lard ass, get your soda suckin triple chubby with cheese eating carcass out of the vehicle, you're too fat". And I drive a full size SUV.