• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Transporting Guns?

SideWaysET

Hello Uber Community,

Apologize in advance if this is not the correct section to be posted at, however,

I was researching online about whether or not I can transport my assault rifle in a soft case with me as a passenger from my house to the shooting range via UBER and did not get a clear idea.

If someone can clarify what are rules/laws on this, that would be nice.

I live in Seattle.

Thanks

Bad Breath

Hello Uber Community,

Apologize in advance if this is not the correct section to be posted at, however,

I was researching online about whether or not I can transport my assault rifle in a soft case with me as a passenger from my house to the shooting range via UBER and did not get a clear idea.

If someone can clarify what are rules/laws on this, that would be nice.

I live in Seattle.

Thanks
Of course u can, what driver could possibly object, though hand grenades or other explosives should probably go in the trunk.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
I live in Wisconsin where lots of people have guns. I would have zero problem with it if the pax asked me up front and put it in the trunk.

If you call/text ahead, or stand there with a conspicuous bag/case, you may get canceled on several times before someone picks you up.

It also depends on the neighborhood you live in. A nice residential neighborhood is less likely to freak out a driver than the 'hood, for example. Also the clothing you wear sends a message.

It's probably technically against the rules though.

Karen Stein

I was once told of the student pilot who worried because the instructor always brought along a parachute. Onle later did the student learn there was no parachute inside, just the instructor s' lunch.
Don't over think things. It's just a funny shaped bag.

Trafficat

Uber policy on their website is thst guns are prohibited. I like guns and I would personally have no problem transporting guys with rifles over their shoulders.

However, if you get a leftist driver that reports you, you might get banned from the platform. Probably you would also get charged a cancel fee by such a driver. Lyft is the same way. I would personally take a taxi instead of Uber and Lyft most likely, because when I am not driving I am most likely carrying openly. There are still some traditional taxi services that don't sacrifice money in the name of snubbing gun owners and pushing a leftist agenda.

Someone really needs to start a non-bigoted rideshare app that doesn't hate on gun owners. Many states have up to 10 percent carry permit holders, and nationally about one in three houses have guns inside. That's a pretty big number of people that Uber and Lyft both effectively give the middle finger to. Yeah some guys will just conceal anyway, but there are also non-carriers that boycott gun ban businesses.

Uber's ban policy and insulting attitude towards gun carriers insinuating they are dangerous:
https://www.uber.com/legal/policies/firearms-prohibition-policy/en/?state=yVs3oY4wEpqgB67x_zfqIbv4DE_qm5UhI18gRljMk2U=#_

Last edited:

Over/Uber

Uber policy on their website is thst guns are prohibited. I like guns and I would personally have no problem transporting guys with rifles over their shoulders.

However, if you get a leftist driver that reports you, you might get banned from the platform. Probably you would also get charged a cancel fee by such a driver. Lyft is the same way. I would personally take a taxi instead of Uber and Lyft most likely, because when I am not driving I am most likely carrying openly. There are still some traditional taxi services that don't sacrifice money in the name of snubbing gun owners and pushing a leftist agenda.

Someone really needs to start a non-bigoted rideshare app that doesn't hate on gun owners. Many states have up to 10 percent carry permit holders, and nationally about one in three houses have guns inside. That's a pretty big number of people that Uber and Lyft both effectively give the middle finger to. Yeah some guys will just conceal anyway, but there are also non-carriers that boycott gun ban businesses.

Uber's ban policy and insulting attitude towards gun carriers insinuating they are dangerous:
https://www.uber.com/legal/policies/firearms-prohibition-policy/en/?state=yVs3oY4wEpqgB67x_zfqIbv4DE_qm5UhI18gRljMk2U=#_
I'm a gun owner, former hunter, 2nd Amendment supporter and there is just so much bullshit in this post. Thank you for reporting in.

reg barclay

Actually I don't think they're being leftist at all in their gun policy. I think they're being capitalist by catering to the demographic that brings in a large chunk of their revenue. Either that or their just covering their backsides from PR/legal trouble. Either way I doubt there's much agenda behind it.

Trafficat

I'm a gun owner, former hunter, 2nd Amendment supporter and there is just so much bullshit in this post. Thank you for reporting in.
You are free to self deprecate and assume yourself to have no self control. Apparently I trust you more than you trust yourself. Did you often feel tempted to shoot your taxi driver on the way out to hunting? Were you commonly accidentally shooting your guns on the way out to hunt?

Letting pax bring guns is not a major safety threat... And if a pax wants to kill you an Uber rule saying no guns are allowed aren't likely to stand in his way.

Plenty a vehement gun banner claims to be a 2nd amendment supporter right before voting for a gun ban. That phrase is meaningless.

Last edited:

backcountryrez

Knowingly transported many a rider that have carried, possibly unknowingly transported many a rider that have carried as well

For me, it just goes down to the vibe you get from the rider. Threatening riders are going to threaten, firearm or not.

IME, firearm folks have all been a friendly bunch. Tipped as well.