Transportation Authority

TClarkeWasHere

Is this the kangaroo court? My brother is an idiot and was doin a ride off the platform and the person offered to pay him $250 to drive him to Corona, Ca anyhoe turns out it was a setup by the transportation authority... I remember seeing something about the TA being a kangaroo court and something about going over them and bringing it to the county courts. Was that for the Taxi Authority or the Transportation Authority?

Lvcab9404

Is this the kangaroo court? My brother is an idiot and was doin a ride off the platform and the person offered to pay him $250 to drive him to Corona, Ca anyhoe turns out it was a setup by the transportation authority... I remember seeing something about the TA being a kangaroo court and something about going over them and bringing it to the county courts. Was that for the Taxi Authority or the Transportation Authority?
Don't worry, just call uber hr and they'll take care of it for you, who cares about these crappy rules, you don't have to, uber is above any law known to mankind, pick up the passengers in the middle of the street and if anybody says something, talk to a lawyer, run a red light and if somebody says something talk to a lawyer, go to airport and tell the Brown shirts you want to pick up your passengers anywhere you want to, you are god uber, you are the kind of people that is messing it up for the rest of these drivers, the more rides like this are done the harder the laws are going to get against you guys. Doubt that you are going to comprehend anything people tell you.

UberDude2

Don't worry, just call uber hr and they'll take care of it for you, who cares about these crappy rules, you don't have to, uber is above any law known to mankind, pick up the passengers in the middle of the street and if anybody says something, talk to a lawyer, run a red light and if somebody says something talk to a lawyer, go to airport and tell the Brown shirts you want to pick up your passengers anywhere you want to, you are god uber, you are the kind of people that is messing it up for the rest of these drivers, the more rides like this are done the harder the laws are going to get against you guys. Doubt that you are going to comprehend anything people tell you.
Haha, you are a bitter little man aren't you? Everything you write is spewed with hate. Better watch that blood pressure. Oh and guess what? Rideshare is operating all over the world now. Nothing you say here will make a difference. Maybe you should save it for your other buddies who are waiting in long lines like good school children waiting their turn for a ride. And every day that wait gets just a little bit longer, because of rideshare.

Lvcab9404

Haha, you are a bitter little man aren't you? Everything you write is spewed with hate. Better watch that blood pressure. Oh and guess what? Rideshare is operating all over the world now. Nothing you say here will make a difference. Maybe you should save it for your other buddies who are waiting in long lines like good school children waiting their turn for a ride. And every day that wait gets just a little bit longer, because of rideshare.
Nah, I'm just relaxing under the shade at t3, but obviously you missed the point, let's say his brother gets into an accident, the passenger can sue the owner of the car and there it goes , big problems, but your little brain can't think of that, I have equity in my house and would never risk my family's home for a miserable couple hundred bucks, who in their right mind would do something like that, oh wait an uber driver, taxis are covered meter on or not, we can just say we forgot to turn on the meter, by the way I don't care if taxis disappear and uber wins, one door closes and another one opens, you should try to see my responses, I just say [email protected]#t like it is or you want me to sugar coated.lol

Freebyrdie

I was mistaken lol guess it was $150 to go to Mesquite. All he ended up getting was his car impounded and a gun to the face, they were pretty rough on him actually got a bruise from it
I'm sorry your brother has to learn such a rough lesson. However you are right...he, and anybody trying to skirt the laws and operate outside the app is an idiot. I bet we will be hearing more of these stories. Like the person who posted on this forum for a ride to LAX for cash. You could not pay me enough to take the risk it isn't a set up because I have too much to lose. I had somebody offer to just pay me cash once......I suspected it was an official. When I said I could not would not do that because it was against the law and he would not be covered by insurance he didn't try to argue and took his ride in silence. Politely thanked me when he got out and told me to stay safe. My point is I believe there are a lot more of these plants out there then we realize Just itching to make a bad name for uber.

UberDude2

Nah, I'm just relaxing under the shade at t3, but obviously you missed the point, let's say his brother gets into an accident, the passenger can sue the owner of the car and there it goes , big problems, but your little brain can't think of that, I have equity in my house and would never risk my family's home for a miserable couple hundred bucks, who in their right mind would do something like that, oh wait an uber driver, taxis are covered meter on or not, we can just say we forgot to turn on the meter, by the way I don't care if taxis disappear and uber wins, one door closes and another one opens, you should try to see my responses, I just say [email protected]#t like it is or you want me to sugar coated.lol
Get comfortable under that shade as your wait gets longer and longer each day.
What the guy did has no affect on me or you either for that matter. And I don't condone it either. What he did is equivalent to a taxi driver taking a cash fare OFF the meter. Now we both know there are plenty of idiots doing that right? So there's no real difference there. They can say they forgot to turn the meter on but the passenger will never back that story because why lie for the dirt bag?

Demon

Where is there ride share?

Uber Steve LV

Nope. No ride share here or anywhere else in the world.
That's what the cabbie cartel use to think also, didn't think that September 2015 would ever happen, then BAM! 5, 10, 20, 25% loss in rides, the only thing that saved them is they cried for a fare increase before Uber was allowed to operate, now that's biting them in the ass as well. You can stay blind and say there's no rideshare, but next thing you'll know, you're laid off.

Demon

That's what the cabbie cartel use to think also, didn't think that September 2015 would ever happen, then BAM! 5, 10, 20, 25% loss in rides, the only thing that saved them is they cried for a fare increase before Uber was allowed to operate, now that's biting them in the ass as well. You can stay blind and say there's no rideshare, but next thing you'll know, you're laid off.
Oh, the problem here is that you don't understand what it is you do. You're not sharing a ride with anyone, you're a hired driver. What you're doing is like saying an establishment isn't a restaurant and calling it a food share.

LVegas

image.png

Bam......Uber's market share is sooo disappointing. Don't be surprise for another rate cut, 70 cents/mile perhaps. At any rate, that explains all the Uber promos lately, drivers are figuring out .58 cents a mile after Uber's cut and tax is charity work. They're losing drivers quicker than they can hire them.....for those still driver, good luck.

ChortlingCrison

Yeah how can you compete with .85/mile. Uber drivers must love that.