• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyanar

I don't think either of them are claiming it's the only course that meets the requirements. DRVR is claiming that they're the only course that meets Ola's requirements (which is probably false, but will likely require lots of arguments with Ola).

The Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland's course also meets the requirements, and only costs $45 to train everyone. Remind me again why Ola is partnering with some bloodsucker charging up $59 per person?
Post automatically merged:

Surprisingly, I contacted Ola Safety team and asked them if they'd accept the free disability awareness course and ADCQ course as evidence of competency and within an hour they came back with the response that they will accept those in place of the DRVR Training course. I think I have to give Ola a little more credit!

Last edited:

lebrasee007

I've signed up for an online course that's claimed to meet the TMR requirements.
I'll keep you posted - once I get interested enough to start and finish it.
Mybetting is that Uber & Co. will get an extension on the deadline - the numbers are just too great to process ALL drivers by 1/8.
just wondering how you went?

Hugh G

DRVR is claiming that they're the only course that meets Ola's requirements (which is probably false, but will likely require lots of arguments with Ola).
Remind me again why Ola is partnering with some bloodsucker charging up $59 per person?

https://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/-/media/busind/Taxiandlimousine/Personalised-Transport-Training-Notice/personalised-transport-required-driver-training-notice-version-1-january-2019.pdf?la=en

Section 7.3 and 7.4 in the Personalised Transport Required Driver Training Notice:

7. Record keeping

7.1 The Department of Transport and Main Roads can check drivers, booking entities and operators compliance with the training requirements through audits conducted under the Act.

7.2 Where a booking entity or operator provides training to its drivers to meet the requirements of the Act and this notice, they must keep records of the following:
a) the driver authorisation number for each driver who has been trained;
b) the required training provided to each driver and the date it was provided;
c) the matters addressed in the training and sample copies of the training materials and assessment used; and
d) each driver’s competency assessment.​

7.3 A booking entity or operator must provide, upon request from a driver, a copy of the records for the driver listed at point 7.2 of this notice.

7.4 Where a driver has already been trained by a booking entity or operator and proposes to drive for another booking entity or operator, the new booking entity or operator should keep the following records:
a) the driver authorisation number for the driver, and
b) a copy of the evidence provided by the driver to showing they are competent in the required matters.​

Kyanar

Yup, DRVR's claim is a load of bull - Ola confirmed to me that they are willing to accept evidence of completion of any course that meet's the DTMR competency requirements with no argument or question at all, which I was quite pleasantly surprised to read.

Sleepo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Has anyone heard if Uber are going to provide any training, be a pity :frown: 1st August to not have any drivers available.

luckyporridge

Enough is enough! If this goes ahead in QLD, it's time to pull our cars off the road in protest. If Uber doesn't draw a line in the sand, this government will continue to fleece us of the little money we earn.

Kyanar

It already has gone ahead. And the reality is it's clearly necessary based on the posts from some members and the experiences of some of my non-heterosexual friends so be damned if you'll get any sympathy from me about having to do training about not discriminating against certain customer groups.

I do however think it should be up to the provider to pay for it or the government to run it and just lump it in as a condition of a DA.

luckyporridge

It already has gone ahead. And the reality is it's clearly necessary based on the posts from some members and the experiences of some of my non-heterosexual friends so be damned if you'll get any sympathy from me about having to do training about not discriminating against certain customer groups.

I do however think it should be up to the provider to pay for it or the government to run it and just lump it in as a condition of a DA.
Plenty of stories of female Uber drivers being harassed by male passengers. Maybe ALL passengers should be forced to take sexual harassment training and cough up $199. This is EXCESSIVE bureaucracy and Government revenue raising like the BHSL.

Kyanar

Revenue raising for who? Government gets no part of the fees for training drivers and didn't mandate that there even be a fee. A BEA is wholly entitled to run their training for free as long as it meets the basic requirements - Shebah is doing this. You're just being silly because heaven forfend you be expected to learn to treat everyone equally.

Let's see your response when you get a driver take one look at you, abuse you, and drive off expecting to not only face no consequences but to collect a cancel fee as well. This is an ACTUAL experience a friend of mine had. And it's why to you I say get over it.

luckyporridge

Revenue raising for who? Government gets no part of the fees for training drivers and didn't mandate that there even be a fee. A BEA is wholly entitled to run their training for free as long as it meets the basic requirements - Shebah is doing this. You're just being silly because heaven forfend you be expected to learn to treat everyone equally.

Let's see your response when you get a driver take one look at you, abuse you, and drive off expecting to not only face no consequences but to collect a cancel fee as well. This is an ACTUAL experience a friend of mine had. And it's why to you I say get over it.
I've completed over 5,000 fares with a 4.93 rating. I don't discriminate against anyone. If Uber drivers need to do mandatory training, SOCIETY needs to do the same training. Retail, hospitality, you name it. Discrimination of sex or race is not confined to ride sharing. Put your own personal grievances aside and understand that discrimination happens EVERYWHERE.

Kyanar

I've completed over 5,000 fares with a 4.93 rating. I don't discriminate against anyone. If Uber drivers need to do mandatory training, SOCIETY needs to do the same training. Retail, hospitality, you name it. Discrimination of sex or race is not confined to ride sharing. Put your own personal grievances aside and understand that discrimination happens EVERYWHERE.
I think you'll find any industry that provides a public service such as transportation DOES require mandatory training, and that's ignoring the fact that the reason this training is required is because evidence has shown that drivers cannot be trusted to know that they cannot discriminate and it actually is REQUIRED.

So yeah, get over it.

luckyporridge

I think you'll find any industry that provides a public service such as transportation DOES require mandatory training, and that's ignoring the fact that the reason this training is required is because evidence has shown that drivers cannot be trusted to know that they cannot discriminate and it actually is REQUIRED.

So yeah, get over it.
Super weak response. This is just more red tape in QLD and everyone with half a brain knows it. Discussion over.

Lowestformofwit

It was inevitable that the driver behaviours recounted above would happen in rideshare.
They happen in a lot of customer interfaces - shouldn’t, but they do.
What did TMR expect when they allowed Uber, etc. to mass recruit drivers without any face-to-face screening/assessment of them for a cutomer service focused job?
At least the effect of this will be forcing drivers to have basic awareness of these issues BEFORE they start driving.
My ongoing beef with this situation is that TMR isn’t providing uniform training for all BHTX licence holders, particularly as they can now drive across three different platforms.
At $150+ per year for that Licence, TMR ought to be INCLUDING the required training in that fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.