• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Trade dress stickers are BS

DriverX

Uber needs to provide a trade dress solution that doesn't permanently attach to my vehicle. We IC's should be able to UNDISPLAY trade dress when in NON-OPERATION.

With the new dress requirements in California just sending me stickers in the mail is not going to cut it Uber. I want a hanging placard that can easily be removed.

THanks,
DX

JuanMoreTime

I just use the pouch that Lyft provides for both my Uber and Lyft emblems. Though I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the rear TD since I'm not sure I want to stick a pouch up on my window tint. Might just tape up the emblem, which really won't be visible anyway.

Another Uber Driver

Does California require that trade dress be affixed more or less "permanently"?

In the District of Columbia and the Commonwealth of Virginia, all that is required is that it be displayed in the right side, back glass. Further, the Commonwealth of Virginia does issue a black and yellow TNC Registration Sticker to vehicles that bear out of state plates. That sticker goes in the upper left part of the back glass. Vehicles that bear Virginia plates receive black and yellow validation stickers for the licence plates.

Ben105

It doesn't have to be permanently affixed, but it must be affixed to the front pax window in the lower corner whenever you drive for Lyft/Uber.

Another Uber Driver

it must be affixed to the front pax window in the lower corner whenever you drive for Lyft/Uber.
That makes far more sense than where they want us to put it, here. Putting it in the front allows the user to see that a Lyft/Uber vehicle is approaching. The trade dress for Uber Taxi is not required, here, but I do have one on the dashboard of my taxi so that the Uber user can distinguish the Uber Taxi from the other taxis.

Ben105

They are passing a law that we also need to have it in the rear window starting this summer to let people know we make frequent stops.

devilmountain

Does California require that trade dress be affixed more or less "permanently"?

In the District of Columbia and the Commonwealth of Virginia, all that is required is that it be displayed in the right side, back glass. Further, the Commonwealth of Virginia does issue a black and yellow TNC Registration Sticker to vehicles that bear out of state plates. That sticker goes in the upper left part of the back glass. Vehicles that bear Virginia plates receive black and yellow validation stickers for the licence plates.
Starting later this month Kalifornia is requiring us to have trade dress in the front and back. I always take it out of the window after dropping off a pax, having one in the rear will make it much harder to do.

Ben105

If you get caught on the app without the TD in CA, it's a minimum of $1000 fine plus penalties. Not worth it. I just remove it when I'm done driving.

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR

If you get caught on the app without the TD in CA, it's a minimum of $1000 fine plus penalties. Not worth it. I just remove it when I'm done driving.
Been the rule for over a year for front one. I only put mine in at the airport. Mine look like shit from being in my center consol. But literally pull it off dash as soon as I leave airport. For rear. Stupid I tell ya.

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR

Not in la where there are stings .
They have placard stings? What a notable job...." Hey hunny I'm going to be home late tonight we have this sting we have been planning for months. We're gonna bust a bunch of uber drivers for not having placards in their back window. I'm gonna need me a big ol steak when daddy gets home from work tonight. Our kids are going to tell all their friends at school what a badass daddy is." Said no one ever....

Another Uber Driver

SuckA

Yea I don't fly any flags, my car, my company, uber/lyft didn't pay for my Mercedes, no free advertising....

Reversoul

Uber needs to provide a trade dress solution that doesn't permanently attach to my vehicle. We IC's should be able to UNDISPLAY trade dress when in NON-OPERATION.

With the new dress requirements in California just sending me stickers in the mail is not going to cut it Uber. I want a hanging placard that can easily be removed.

THanks,
DX
U can order a magnet car topper on eBay for about $17. I got mine in 4 days.

twerkyo.....UBERRRRR

Yea I don't fly any flags, my car, my company, uber/lyft didn't pay for my Mercedes, no free advertising....
So you just driving a mercedes on uber x to make friends? or are you selling stuff to your passengers like the dude with the earrings who made a million dollars last year? come on dude... there is no possible way unless its one of those diesel cars that you could make any profit in a mercedes....