Trade dress emblems placed backwards

Pdubpooter

Anyone else seeing more and more uber cars out there sticking their stickers backward on the outside of the vehicle?

Not sure if this is the cool thing to do (backwards baseball cap?) or just new drivers not knowing? Not a fan of the logo myself but a white circle with the word uber on it is pretty fugly too.

Euius

I've seen a lot of it.

There was one guy here weeks ago trying to claim that was the only right way to do it.

They're the ones that will get the $1000 fine. No sweat off my nose.

Self elimination by stupidity :smiles:

The only way I see it is they want an easy way to take the logo down at end of shift.

Pretty soon we're going to see the homeless in SF pawning Uber logos just like they did the 'staches a while back lol

RedoBeach

Curious if there are still drivers out there not sporting the emblems while online since many of us didn't previously.. Have any of you avoided this and what has been your experience ?

manuella

Curious if there are still drivers out there not sporting the emblems while online since many of us didn't previously.. Have any of you avoided this and what has been your experience ?
Lot Select drivers don't put on the emblem

Reactions: cho

Euius

The only way I see it is they want an easy way to take the logo down at end of shift.
I mount mine with velcro. The new white logos mean it's easy to hide the white velcro.

Pretty soon we're going to see the homeless in SF pawning Uber logos just like they did the 'staches a while back lol
I have my Lyft glowstache. Never use it though.

1Nation

I mount mine with velcro. The new white logos mean it's easy to hide the white velcro.

I have my Lyft glowstache. Never use it though.
I use the old Uber logo, front and back. I have not had any issues (yet).
I also received my glowstache a long time ago but after it sat in the box for about two months my daughter commandeered it. There is no way I'm attaching that hideous thing to my dash.

soupergloo

I haven't sported the Uber symbol in over a year, and still haven't .. nothing has happened.

RedoBeach

Especially when the majority of drivers are male..
passengers are so annoying with that shit .. it's not like you don't have my name, my picture, my car model AND my license plate number

I tell them it's because cab drivers were harassing me and I feared for my safety

NASCAR1991

Well been drving for 2 years...still havent put them on yet. New ones or old ones

Uberdancer

Trade dress now required in front and rear windshields:

The CPUC requires that all TNC partners display the Uber trade dress in two locations whenever online. You must display trade dress in both the front windshield on the passenger side and the back windshield on the passenger side. Having Uber trade dress helps riders quickly identify your car so you can start the trip on time. Please be aware that failure to display trade dress on both front and rear windshields when online can result in a ticket and fine of up to $1,000.

Santino, come here. What's the matter with you? I think your brain is going soft with all that comedy you are playing with that young girl. Never tell anyone outside the Family what you are thinking again. Go on.

manuella

Well been drving for 2 years...still havent put them on yet. New ones or old ones
Apparently the uber app asks the rider to check if you have one in the back and front , it started asking riders to check randomly with new regulations

fml

I'd put the probability that the police will ticket you for not having the stickers on your car at less than 10%. It's basically a clever ploy by Uber to get free advertising. Borderline ridiculous, but what do you expect from a company that does whatever it pleases and gets away with it.