• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

TPC

Just realized that the TPC has been moved from May to March. Any word on if Uber will be doing the lot this year? Last year, they guaranteed a minimum of $15/trip to and from the Uber Lot. It took a couple of weeks to get the pay difference for the promotion but I recall doing pretty well that weekend. It was a lot of short trips, but was seriously like shooting fish in a barrel. They were lined up 10 deep.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'll take the money from the rich or wannabe rich cucks from the TPC at what essentially is 2.5 surge rates. Short quick trips to take them 3-5 miles down the road where they've parked their cars to avoid paying the parking fees at or near the gate. I'd rather make $45/hour for one weekend than beg for scraps like a stray dog on the streets for less than minimum wage. So @UberUber81 you're right, stay home that weekend. I'll pick up the rick wannabe cucks.

UberUber81

3-5 miles down the road in bumper to bumper traffic along A1A. $15 bucks maybe, maybe every 45 mins start to finish. Coupled with no tipping and daytime drinking. It's all the hazards of working the beach bars at 2am without the hazard pay (surge).

By all means, if you find it worth it go ahead. I remember 5.0x+ surge rates out of TPC, making $30 to $120 per pick up. And in two years you will complain about the good old days being able to get a minimum of $15 per ride when Uber does something else to lower the price in an attempt get more profitable for themselves at the driver's expense.

Again, I will be glad to take over where you left off picking up the TPC patrons. Since I've only been doing this for a little more than a year, maybe, just maybe I will consider these the "good ol' days" of Uber. For now, $18/hour is still better than my usual $10-12/hour doing rideshare. I opt to look at the positives and the current instead of dwell on the past. Uber/Lyft is not my main source of income and when promotions come along in our area I will take full advantage of them. Pay and hours are better and more flexible than any part-time job I would consider taking.

Lythium

Again, I will be glad to take over where you left off picking up the TPC patrons. Since I've only been doing this for a little more than a year, maybe, just maybe I will consider these the "good ol' days" of Uber. For now, $18/hour is still better than my usual $10-12/hour doing rideshare. I opt to look at the positives and the current instead of dwell on the past. Uber/Lyft is not my main source of income and when promotions come along in our area I will take full advantage of them. Pay and hours are better and more flexible than any part-time job I would consider taking.
Great attitude Annie! There is so much negativity on this site (which I understand to some extent) so it's good to see something positive! Good luck with the TPC (I'll be working my FT job so I'm not going to be able to drive for it) and let us know how it goes!

jaxbeachrides

What you guys consider to be "doing well" now, sooner or later you realize is not well at all.

It used to pay 50-100$ per hour during peak hours. This offset the risk of accidents, pukers, damages from drunks, vehicle maintenance and other expenses that are far beyond normal wear and tear.

It becomes a matter of principle. If you're going to cart around the entitled in your own car, it shouldn't just pay well.... it needs to pay VERY well.

If you were making even 20-30 on every ride, that is still marginal for the amount of time, traffic and level of frustration it takes to achieve that amount of money.

Add in the fact that most of these people are not tipping. That's just the icing on the cake. Might as well bring a few extra fur coats and leather jackets to lay over the puddles for them to walk on.

Lythium

Jesus, so much for showing a little positivity. Yes, rideshare isn't what it used to be. Yes, you face drunks, puking drunks, angry drunks, happy drunks that puke, sad drunks that puke, cry about it, and then piss all over your seats. Yes, your vehicle is going to burst into a heap of flaming wreckage as soon as you go online to drive, leaving a smouldering, hulking mass where there used to be an Uber driver and their dreams of a rideshare rainbow with a pot of gold at the end. Yes, after you die you're going to find yourself in a hell that leaves you endlessly chasing surge around the map without ever getting a ping.

All hope is lost Annie, just give up now!

I love the internet. I asked a question, which by the way, still has not been answered and I end up getting schooled about the Uber of yesteryear. Thanks grandpa, but you should realize that you are not required to continue doing rideshare. You are not under any contractual obligation to continue to provide a service to anybody. You choose to do this job because you either want extra income or you lack the ability or ambition to pursue any other options. If you're not still driving rideshare, and you're on this forum, then that my friend, makes you a troll.

Nobody is going to get rich doing this job. In fact, you are probably never going to get rich while working for somebody else. My first job out of college 15 years ago paid me as much as I'm making at my day job now. There was a downturn in the economy in 2008. I lost my job. I promptly went out and found another job and had to start over....at the bottom. I adapt. I learn. I make the best out of my CURRENT situation. I can't sit here and @@@@@ and moan about how good it used to be and how much money I used to make and how much money I would be making if things hadn't changed. Things change. Complaints don't pay the bills.

Doing this as a side job doesn't net much income, but a little is better than nothing. We all have our strategies on how to maximize our earnings while doing Uber/Lyft. We rarely, if ever, get any type of promotions or bonuses in our area. I feel that the best strategy, for me, is to take advantage of the promotion and go where the guaranteed money is. On every other weekend, when there is not a promotion, I will be out on the streets, with the rest of the ants, begging for scraps.

By the responses to my original post, I guess that during TPC weekend there will be at least two less drivers competing for the rides. Thanks for the extra rides fella's

For the record, I don't mind doing this job on a part time basis. In fact, I kind of like it.

Lythium

I love the internet. I asked a question, which by the way, still has not been answered and I end up getting schooled about the Uber of yesteryear. Thanks grandpa, but you should realize that you are not required to continue doing rideshare. You are not under any contractual obligation to continue to provide a service to anybody. You choose to do this job because you either want extra income or you lack the ability or ambition to pursue any other options. If you're not still driving rideshare, and you're on this forum, then that my friend, makes you a troll.

Nobody is going to get rich doing this job. In fact, you are probably never going to get rich while working for somebody else. My first job out of college 15 years ago paid me as much as I'm making at my day job now. There was a downturn in the economy in 2008. I lost my job. I promptly went out and found another job and had to start over....at the bottom. I adapt. I learn. I make the best out of my CURRENT situation. I can't sit here and @@@@@ and moan about how good it used to be and how much money I used to make and how much money I would be making if things hadn't changed. Things change. Complaints don't pay the bills.

Doing this as a side job doesn't net much income, but a little is better than nothing. We all have our strategies on how to maximize our earnings while doing Uber/Lyft. We rarely, if ever, get any type of promotions or bonuses in our area. I feel that the best strategy, for me, is to take advantage of the promotion and go where the guaranteed money is. On every other weekend, when there is not a promotion, I will be out on the streets, with the rest of the ants, begging for scraps.

By the responses to my original post, I guess that during TPC weekend there will be at least two less drivers competing for the rides. Thanks for the extra rides fella's

For the record, I don't mind doing this job on a part time basis. In fact, I kind of like it.
Right on Annie! Unfortunately I don't have any information on the event at this time, but the organization that I work for has some ties to the PGA and we will be at the event, so if I find anything out in our upcoming meetings I will be sure to share it with you.

Lythium

And that's how this forum SHOULD work! I've got my complaints too, but we should be helping one another instead of just griping all of the time! Granted, everyone has their tips and tricks that they might not want to share with everyone, I've got a few of my own, but for the most part we should do our best to support one another.

UberUber81

It's all good, I pinch off the rides that are worth it to me. I've found a way to dodge the garbage so I'm happy. You've found a way to make money on the app and it works for you, that's also good. I use rideshare, and I make sure I hook my driver up to compensate for the Uber/Lyft's tactics to steal money out of their pockets.

jonhjax

I've never been an Uber driver and I've been on this website for several years. I used to be a taxi driver and had some spirited debates with a few rideshare drivers because, at that time they were either giving other drivers false information or were insulting me personally. I actually admire people who will work for Uber, knowing they probably won't get a whole lot of profit from it. I'm retired, and I'm now trying to give constructive advice to others when I post here. Now that I'm finished with that part, I do have a question for whoever reads this. I am not trying to troll here, it's just a serious question. With changes in the tax code, some people who are self employed and/or 1099 workers that don't have corporations set up, do not get any tax deductions for unreimbursed business expenses. Is your vehicle's business mileage still deductible? Has anyone talked to an accountant about this?

First, didn’t mean to imply that all non Rideshare drivers are trolls. My apologies to you @jonhjax. As I’ve stated before, I’ve only been doing this a little over a year. Have not yet filed my taxes. I have a planned vacation for the last week of March and will be doing them after that. I will update you if mileage deductions are still allowed.

UberUber81

@SideHustle UberAnnie

Just wanted to be clear, when I bash Uber/Lyft it is not a reflection upon the drivers. I still drive and I have massive respect for all of us. It's just a shame that things could be better for us (the drivers). I have no problem you finding value in what you want to use the platform for. I just wish it could be better pay for us all. And I have not seen any promotions for TPC as of this moment. And this is usually in tune with the rideshare companies. They won't change or make an announcement for a promotion until they feel it's needed at the last moment. So there is no planning for driver's etc. I think they are probably relying on sticky surge as an experiment to see if they can coax driver's into doing the job without the promotion. If it doesn't work by their metrics and they don't see the pick ups per hour they want to see, they will throw a bone at the last second I suppose.

Jctbay

I had a couple pick ups there today. It was fairly smooth. No flat rate compensation that I know of. 4 bucks bonus each ride quests.

QUOTE="SideHustle UberAnnie, post: 4732780, member: 153914"]
Just realized that the TPC has been moved from May to March. Any word on if Uber will be doing the lot this year? Last year, they guaranteed a minimum of $15/trip to and from the Uber Lot. It took a couple of weeks to get the pay difference for the promotion but I recall doing pretty well that weekend. It was a lot of short trips, but was seriously like shooting fish in a barrel. They were lined up 10 deep.
[/QUOTE]

Saw a post on a Facebook page for Uber Lyft drivers in Jacksonville.

Although I have no email from Uber to verify this information, the post states that the incentives are flat rate incentives. Thurs 2-5pm $4/trip bonus 5-8 pm $8/trip bonus. Friday/Sat 3-5pm $5/trip bonus 5-8 pm $10/trip bonus. Sunday 3-5pm $5/trip bonus and 5-8pm $8 bonus.

I did notice that there were some promotions finally added to the driver app regarding the TPC.

As of today, I still have not been out there. We will see what happens this weekend.

Good luck to all and be safe.

UberUber81

Wow, this sticky surge sucks. I looked at my rides last year to GOING TO TPC.
Surge modifier paid way more. I made $3.50 extra taking some people to TPC from JTB/95 / Towncenter area with the new sticky surge.
I looked at last year's TPC, I made $20 - $50 extra from surge around the same area going to the TPC.
If sticky surge was the same, the Uber map should read +$20 lol.
Wow... :frown:

Lythium

So I drove Friday and Saturday night as usual, avoiding TPC altogether, and in the same hours I normally drive I doubled my usual earnings. I didn't have the hassle of fighting through traffic, and had a lot of great conversations with pax, not to mention some decent tips. Granted it's not what it used to be, but overall it was a great weekend! There was definitely money to be made.