1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Toyota's investment in Uber values the company at $72 billion

Discussion in 'News' started by Driving4Change, Aug 27, 2018.

1. With a partnership in developing autonomous-vehicle technology, Toyota is investing $500 million into Uber, as reported by the Wall Street Journal. Mr. Khosrowshahi has stated, “Uber's advanced technology and Toyota's commitment to safety and its renowned manufacturing prowess make this partnership a natural fit.” Although the technology company, Uber, has was previously valued at $69 billion, this investment round will value Uber at $72 billion. Uber has also discussed selling self-driving tech to Toyota.

https://www.businessinsider.com/toyota-to-invest-500m-in-uber-at-72b-valuation-report-2018-8

george manousaridis likes this.
  2. Dara really wants his $100 million bonus. You would think Toyota would be smarter than this

3. I wonder how many extra Prius cars have been sold because of Uber

...when I see any kind of sedan I assume its an Uber car. If its a Toyota I take it as fact. Uber is all that stands in the way of USA being 100% SUV

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  4. Lee239

Lee239

Uber will blow thru that $500 million is a month or two.

He's still $28 billion short. They really want to go for $110 billion value for the IPO

5. HolikDad

HolikDad

Driving:
    UberX
    They blew through it before the ink dried on the article.

6. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime

Driving:
    Lyft
    I’m negative -$100 in my bank account so by Uber math I’m worth $66,000,000,000

7. KevinH

KevinH

Does this mean Volvo is left standing at the altar?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    george manousaridis likes this.
  8. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    Toyota will be upset when they end up with nothing.

9. Milkmoney

Milkmoney

You're damn right they will be left with nothing. 110 billion for a algorithm? If that's the case Bitcoin should be worth about 110 trillion.

10. goneubering

goneubering

Driving:
    UberX
    Hahahaha!!!!

HotUberMess likes this.
  11. Milkmoney

Milkmoney

Slap a payment option on Google Maps. BAM ! You got Google rideshare. 72 billion? No freaking way. They get a company like Apple or Amazon getting into the game they're going to have to do something to justify that valuation. Lyft was testing out self-driving technology in some abandoned military base in California. Guess who else was looking at a military base. Apple ! This article was back in 2015. I never forget anything.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/inside-the-gomentum-station-2015-8

Millitary bases must be great for testing self driving cars for Apple. I mean Lyft. I mean Apple :/
    https://www.engadget.com/2018/03/09/lyft-test-autonomous-cars-gomentum/

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  12. When uber folds up they will be able to strip uber for it's technology.

The car manufacturers might get their worth not in an actual company, maybe software...

But the hardware for self driving could easily manifest itself out in the next generation of safety sensors and fancy doodads.

Lawlet91 likes this.