Toyota-"Who will accept to pay for something that they can use only in extremely limited conditions?

heynow321

There are going to be so many deaths if automakers start putting out level two and three cars like this . It's already been well proven and documented that People do not pay attention when they're not actively engaged

jocker12

There are going to be so many deaths if automakers start putting out level two and three cars like this . It's already been well proven and documented that People do not pay attention when they're not actively engaged
Funny thing is the closer they get to the so called level 5 the more they will get crushed. Apparently they've never heard about Icarus. The closer he got to the sun, the faster his wax wings melted away and he died like a fool.

RamzFanz

Accept, of course, we already know that driver assist features prevent accidents. People act like this isn't already a thing and is unstudied. Opinions about driver assist safety are obsolete.

heynow321

Accept, of course, we already know that driver assist features prevent accidents. People act like this isn't already a thing and is unstudied. Opinions about driver assist safety are obsolete.
no they don't. talk to that dead guy in the tesla.

jocker12

The numbers don't lie.
Interesting you bring this up. Actually, people doing the studies and the research, unlike the general public, say otherwise.

I admit how you can get confused by the "driver assist features" like cruise control (not saving lives), anti braking system (mmmmaybe), adaptive light control (no), automatic parking (no), blind spot indicators (mmmmmm. No), collision avoiding system (mmmmmaybe), lane departure sensors (no), gps navigation (if it does it's not related to driving but with helping the driver not to get lost), hill descent control (no), tire pressure monitoring systems (no). In my opinion it's only about more convenience than is about driving.

I had the chance to talk to a safety systems engineer that was attending an auto show last year, and I've asked him about autonomous cars technology. He said the car manufacturers data shows how the easier driving is for people, the more they focus on something else and don't pay attention anymore. In other words, the easier driving gets the worse the drivers become.

I am curios which assist systems are you referring to when say they save lives, and if you have actual data for that. Thank you!