• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Toyota Venza 3.5 V6

Mr_Frenchie

I don't see the benefit of changing cars. It still seats 4 pax.

Just keep driving the Corolla till the wheels fall off.

IMHO you do X with what you got. But if you want to upgrade. Go black.

I would skip XL altogether. For the headache of driving 6 drunks instead of 4. It's not worth the few cents more.

Last edited:

Cane

I was wondering if there’s really enough business to justify black. I see passengers so cheap that I can’t see them paying the black premium. Anyone do black and can confirm if there’s enough to justify it?

UberSchmuber

I don't see the benefit of changing cars. It still seats 4 pax. Just keep driving the Corolla till the wheels fall off. IMHO you do X with what you got. But if you want to upgrade. Go black.I would skip XL altogether. For the headache of driving 6 drunks instead of 4. It's not worth the few cents more.
The changing cars advice is spot on. Keep'um nice and clean, but run'um 'till they start dropping pieces.
XL vs. Black though, uuuhhhh. Doesn't Black require OL or TLC plates & registration (lowering the vehicle value permanently), expensive livery insurance (you tell me how much). I've done well with XL as you have I'm sure with Black in Union County,(mainly Summit, Chatham & Millburn I'm sure), but it's not for everyone & not that I want to see another XL because that eats my lunch.

I want to change my old corolla for a Toyota Venza 3.5 V6. Please your PROS and CONS. I working at Uber full time, thanks
Nice ride and Toyota dependable BUT how's the suspension going to handle NJ roads, especially with lower profile wheels. Compared to your Corolla, it's a much more stylish comfortable vehicle but a total waste to do rideshare with; giving the pax too much for too little. I was very lucky to find a MINT condition Ford Taurus X with leather and seating for 6 pax for a really low price because it gives the PERCEPTION they a riding in something much nicer than it actually is. They get leg room and a sparkling clean car, I get lower cost operation supplemented by XL fares, which are not always 6 screaming drunks but people who want more leg & luggage room than a garden variety Prius.

RD ALCIVAR

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The changing cars advice is spot on. Keep'um nice and clean, but run'um 'till they start dropping pieces.
XL vs. Black though, uuuhhhh. Doesn't Black require OL or TLC plates & registration (lowering the vehicle value permanently), expensive livery insurance (you tell me how much). I've done well with XL as you have I'm sure with Black in Union County,(mainly Summit, Chatham & Millburn I'm sure), but it's not for everyone & not that I want to see another XL because that eats my lunch.

Nice ride and Toyota dependable BUT how's the suspension going to handle NJ roads, especially with lower profile wheels. Compared to your Corolla, it's a much more stylish comfortable vehicle but a total waste to do rideshare with; giving the pax too much for too little. I was very lucky to find a MINT condition Ford Taurus X with leather and seating for 6 pax for a really low price because it gives the PERCEPTION they a riding in something much nicer than it actually is. They get leg room and a sparkling clean car, I get lower cost operation supplemented by XL fares, which are not always 6 screaming drunks but people who want more leg & luggage room than a garden variety Prius.
Thanks for your very interesting info... :smiles:

PorkRollUberAndCheese

it's nearly impossible to do black in NJ unless you're already set up as a limo company. It's not the plates that's the problem, it's getting the commercial insurance.