Toyota announces massive Prius recall.....

Los Angeles driver

Toyota Motor Company has announced today that they are gearing-up for a massive Prius recall due to accelerator problems. It seems that many of their Prius cars are unable to accelerate over 62mph. I have witnessed many of these cars doing 62mph in the toll lanes, and even the fast lanes, doing no more than 62mph. I reported this problem to Toyota last year, and after extensive research, they are ready to issue a recall.

It appears that the accelerator will not allow the car to go more than 62mph. Here in the greater Los Angeles area, that causes traffic jams.

Toyota Motor Company has issued the following statement:

"It has been confirmed that the Toyota Prius has often been unable to accelerate above 62mph, causing traffic congestion. It has also been confirmed that this causes traffic congestion in high traffic areas. It is also confirmed that this usually happens in toll lanes, or fast-lanes of interstate traffic."

Although the recall has not been officially submitted, Toyota has issued a few remedies.

"If your Prius cannot accelerate above 62mph, change 3 lanes to the right. Get out of the fast lane (or toll lanes)."

"Immediately exit the freeway, pull-over, and throw rocks at your car."

"If your Prius continues to cause traffic jams, Toyota suggests that you throw bricks at your car twice daily."

I will update as this recall proceeds.

Last edited:

Pig Pen

Toyota Motor Company has announced today that they are gearing-up for a massive Prius recall due to accelerator problems. It seems that many of their Prius cars are unable to accelerate over 62mph. I have witnessed many of these cars doing 62mph in the toll lanes, and even the fast lanes, doing no more than 62mph. I reported this problem to Toyota last year, and after extensive research, they are ready to issue a recall.

It appears that the accelerator will not allow the car to go more than 62mph. Here in the greater Los Angeles area, that causes traffic jams.

"It has been confirmed that the Toyota Prius has often been unable to accelerate above 62mph, causing traffic congestion. It has also been confirmed that this causes traffic congestion in high traffic areas. It is also confirmed that this usually happens in toll lanes, or fast-lanes of interstate traffic."

Although the recall has not been officially submitted, Toyota has issued a few remedies.

"If your Prius cannot accelerate above 62mph, change 3 lanes to the right. Get out of the fast lane (or toll lanes)."

"If your Prius continues to cause traffic jams, Toyota suggests that you throw bricks at your car twice daily."

From sticking accelerator pedals to pedals that won't hit the floor board. That Prius has some issues.

Probably those NiCad batteries they're using from the old Motorola flip phones. Bet that's it.

Coaststarlight

I thought throwing rocks at the prius's exterior was what you did BEFORE going out to uber or navigate LA traffic with no lights on

Johnny Walker

I’m a Bimmer head but still love my Prius. It’s my comfort zone where I hit 58 mpg without bothering any body on the road. After owning one, I feel guilty driving an older V8 M5 lol. She pays you to drive her. Btw, it goes a lil faster than 62mph

Los Angeles driver

I’m a Bimmer head but still love my Prius. It’s my comfort zone where I hit 58 mpg without bothering any body on the road. After owning one, I feel guilty driving an older V8 M5 lol. She pays you to drive her. Btw, it goes a lil faster than 62mph

"It’s my comfort zone where I hit 58 mpg without bothering any body on the road."

Me thinks you are mistaken.........

Throw bricks at your cars twice daily........ Both of them.......

Last edited: