Total Uber abuse

Carbuncle

No mater what you think of pax’s this is just abusive by Uber .. no surge and they charged her $32 for 3 1/2 miles ..
View attachment 315211
I’m telling you guys, this is unjust enrichment. It’s also a violation of antitrust law, the kind the courts still enforce because they’re ripping off both parties.

Keep a record of all of these and start preparing a legal strategy.
Post automatically merged:

There is a $22.50 surcharge for Uber pickups at the festival.
This surcharge helps ensure a reliable experience at Coachella.
Sure it does.

Uberscum

This is outrageous! I've been watching a few videos on YouTube with screenshots of other drivers getting screwed just like this example. They should be ashamed of themselves.
I know I can quit and get a different job so it's not like they're pointing a gun to my head, but that's the part of it that pisses me off because they already know this they already know that people get stuck in a rut and it's not so easy to just go find another job. The beauty of this driving for Uber was all about making halfway decent money and being Your Own Boss. Being Your Own Boss seems to have taken over all logic for the driver as to why they keep continuing to drive.

RogerJS

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is a $22.50 surcharge for Uber pickups at the festival.
This surcharge helps ensure a reliable experience at Coachella.
That’s the line but this young lady was at her home in a trailer park 2 miles from the event at 7:39 AM .. going to work as a market bagging groceries
I’ve gone back and forth with Uber 4 x today over this and their response was basically FU

Carbuncle

This is outrageous! I've been watching a few videos on YouTube with screenshots of other drivers getting screwed just like this example. They should be ashamed of themselves.
I know I can quit and get a different job so it's not like they're pointing a gun to my head, but that's the part of it that pisses me off because they already know this they already know that people get stuck in a rut and it's not so easy to just go find another job. The beauty of this driving for Uber was all about making halfway decent money and being Your Own Boss. Being Your Own Boss seems to have taken over all logic for the driver as to why they keep continuing to drive.
I’ve never heard of someone being their own boss and having no say over their pay.

RogerJS

Here’s one from yesterday 7 miles from the grounds early morning, no surge , low demand, lots of drivers in the area
11/2 mile trip
678B627D-FE89-4914-807F-3323E74B975D.png

RogerJS

RogerJS

I pick her up a couple of times a week ... no charge for her next 5 trips
I’ll cancel when I arrive

PTB

I pick her up a couple of times a week ... no charge for her next 5 trips
I’ll cancel when I arrive
please come up with a better plan.
cancel counts against you
and driving someone off the app doesn't sound kosher, you would then be considered a fake uber driver.

RogerJS

What! Why!
Because she got screwed over ... some of my regular pax I like ....but she’ll have to agree to switch to Lyft
Post automatically merged:

please come up with a better plan.
cancel counts against you
and driving someone off the app doesn't sound kosher, you would then be considered a fake uber driver.
Thanks I’ll noodle on it ....
I sent in a rebate the ride but all they did was refund my $4 and kept their $$