Total Noob Mistake Last Night

AaronA

Total knucklehead move on my part last night, posted for mocking, and hopefully help prevent another new guy making the same mistake. Drop a customers McDonalds order and get another pick up immediately after. As I am picking up the next order, the customer calls me and says She only got one bag (my bad I should have double checked I guess but since the bags are sealed I usually just grab and go) she said she called McDonald’s and they told her to call the driver. My current pick up was literally right across the street from McDs and she was 2 minutes away so I figured I could make her happy and not inconvenience the other customer. I get to McDonald’s and have to bang on the window several minutes to get their attention then the manager comes out and says they can’t give me the other bag, then the customer is calling at the same time to tell me they won’t give me the bag. Meanwhile I am getting stressed about the customers food in the car (fortunately in a very good hot bag). I guess the moral of the story is once you hit “delivered” your responsibility to that customer is fulfilled and everything else is up to customer service. On the upside both missing bag lady and waiting guy both gave good tips.

k4ever

Total knucklehead move on my part last night, posted for mocking, and hopefully help prevent another new guy making the same mistake. Drop a customers McDonalds order and get another pick up immediately after. As I am picking up the next order, the customer calls me and says She only got one bag (my bad I should have double checked I guess but since the bags are sealed I usually just grab and go) she said she called McDonald’s and they told her to call the driver. My current pick up was literally right across the street from McDs and she was 2 minutes away so I figured I could make her happy and not inconvenience the other customer. I get to McDonald’s and have to bang on the window several minutes to get their attention then the manager comes out and says they can’t give me the other bag, then the customer is calling at the same time to tell me they won’t give me the bag. Meanwhile I am getting stressed about the customers food in the car (fortunately in a very good hot bag). I guess the moral of the story is once you hit “delivered” your responsibility to that customer is fulfilled and everything else is up to customer service. On the upside both missing bag lady and waiting guy both gave good tips.
I think you are not at fault, but the one to blame is McD for not putting those bags close together, or at least something that will let the driver know the order consists of those 2 bags. But if they did that, and you didnt pay attention because you wanted to leave fast, then its all your fault. Still, $hit happens, lesson learned, now you are smarter than yesterday, move on here ... no big deal.

KevinJohnson

Not your fault bud.
Mcds and most other places seals their bags, so very difficult to know what is inside. We don't make the food and don't package the food.

That said, always try to do a quick check to ensure they gave you everything. Drinks are frequently missed.

Last edited:

Uber Crack

Author
I can feel your stress in this situation. We all can forget part of the order. One time I forgot a large Coke from Jack in the Box, so, on the way to the delivery I passed a Mc Donalds with no line. I popped through there, got a $1 Coke and didn't say anything at drop off. I wondered whether they noticed the massive M on their cup? :laugh:

This is mcdonalds fault, when they get an order and use more then one bag they generally get the delivery stickers and wrap the handles around each extra bag.

Alltel77

How were they able to call you after drop off? Once I swipe Delivered they have no way of contacting me. I hope they don't "enable" that feature here , DD is already bad enough with that but I just ignore their calls and text.

My favorite part about food delivery is in the affluent areas, no one ordering mcd's is anything less than high af at 2am and can't remember what they ordered or how I keep ending up with all the cash in there wallet as a tip. If you see an uber eats jet boat soon, you'll know whats up.

Seamus

One of the first orders I ever delivered, after delivering the food I was sitting in the driveway closing out the delivery. I heard a knock on my window and the lady was telling me part of the order was missing even though it was in one sealed bag. I told her she would have to call UE and she went off on me, cursed me out and said she was reporting me to “the authorities”.

Taught me a lesson, drop the food off and get the hell out of there as fast as you can. Close out the order while going down the street. By the time they figure out their missing an item or have any other complaint when they run out of the house to flag you down you can see them in the rearview mirror. Also, never take a call after delivering.

tohunt4me

I can feel your stress in this situation. We all can forget part of the order. One time I forgot a large Coke from Jack in the Box, so, on the way to the delivery I passed a Mc Donalds with no line. I popped through there, got a $1 Coke and didn't say anything at drop off. I wondered whether they noticed the massive M on their cup? :laugh:
I have BOUGHT SO MANY 2 Liter & 20 oz. Drinks delivering pizza !

k4ever

I have BOUGHT SO MANY 2 Liter & 20 oz. Drinks delivering pizza !
95% of the time, if I forget a soda, the customer will call Dominos and the manager will make me go back with the drink. I take it like a champ because it was my fault for not checking what I needed to bring. This rarely happens though, but mostly when its slow and Im hanging out with the coworkers not paying attention to actual working.

But yeah, if Im delivering something, I arrive at the customer, and then I notice I forgot a ranch or a drink, I just ran back to my car as fast as I can and get the hell out of there. Last thing I want is the customer to say: "Hey! Excuse me! I'm missing a ranch with my order!". I will precious time that I can be using to do another delivery and get more tips.

tohunt4me

95% of the time, if I forget a soda, the customer will call Dominos and the manager will make me go back with the drink. I take it like a champ because it was my fault for not checking what I needed to bring. This rarely happens though, but mostly when its slow and Im hanging out with the coworkers not paying attention to actual working.

But yeah, if Im delivering something, I arrive at the customer, and then I notice I forgot a ranch or a drink, I just ran back to my car as fast as I can and get the hell out of there. Last thing I want is the customer to say: "Hey! Excuse me! I'm missing a ranch with my order!". I will precious time that I can be using to do another delivery and get more tips.
When i am busy
They rush my car with 3-4 deliveries in hand.
Not allowing me to get out when i pull up.

Shove deliveries in my car & say " go".

I have to trust their packing jobs.

Not Everyone is " A" Team material.

I carry extra ranch, cheese, pepper & sometimes Dr.Pepper 2 Liters in my car.

Last edited:

k4ever

When i am busy
They rush my car with 3-4 deliveries in hand.
Not allowing me to get out when i pull up.

Shove deliveries in my car & ay " go".

I have to trust their packing jobs.

Not Everyone is " A" Team material.

I carry extra ranch, cheese, pepper & sometimes Dr.Pepper 2 Liters in my car.
Good idea. I can carry some extra dips, and return the ones I didnt use at the end of my shift. I'm rarely wrong so I wont be using them that much, but one never knows. Dominos doesnt carry peppers or cheese packets, so I dont have to worry about that.

TeleSki

Once I deliver the food I'm done. I'm not running around after a trip trying to find a missing item.
Yep! I had an order that was missing a burrito, several weeks ago. The guys that ordered it were drunk and a-holes. They were at a hotel, and had their address in a neighborhood across the street. They called me all pissed off, saying I forgot their burrito. I told them, no, the restaurant forgot their burrito and to call the restaurant or CS. I said they were lucky they got any food at all, since I wasted about 10 minutes trying to get to the right drop-off place.