Toronto is flooded with drivers. Would this last long?

Do you think Toronto is going to stay flooded with drivers?

• Total voters

hk1990

This current situation with too many drivers suck for uber drivers who were doing uber to make ends meet. It looks like at this rate drivers could barely make minimum wage after gas,maintenance and depreciation on the car. One of my friend changed his 2007 car to 2010 just a week ago and he is regretting it as well. But if most of the drivers are barely making minimum wage it wouldn't take a long time for the new drivers to give up so there might be some hope for the full time uber drivers out there.

I drive only few hours on a weekend.

Deoxlar

If there are a lot of new drivers they won't last long. Even in "the good old days" most new drivers quit after a few months. With it being even slower now many won't last even that long.
I think you might be wrong. Check your app for just select vehicles. Pay attention to how many new select vehicles picking up pax when you are downtown. These people thinks doing uber can help them finance / lease their select. They will be forced to work or not be able to do their payments. $10/hr is better than 0$.

Sergei

dont even bother coming downtown today. Its completely dead. Nice weather, not humid.....everyone is walking and the streets are flooded with drivers. First time I made less than $20/hr with Uberx. Called it quits after 1.5 hrs.

LAS0023

I think you might be wrong. Check your app for just select vehicles. Pay attention to how many new select vehicles picking up pax when you are downtown. These people thinks doing uber can help them finance / lease their select. They will be forced to work or not be able to do their payments. $10/hr is better than 0$.
Yeah, I was considering that but I'm trying to weigh the evidence. On one hand we have thousands of drivers with a third of them no longer eligible to drive. On the other hand is anecdotal evidence about people in line registering.

NFIH

This current situation with too many drivers suck for uber drivers who were doing uber to make ends meet. It looks like at this rate drivers could barely make minimum wage after gas,maintenance and depreciation on the car. One of my friend changed his 2007 car to 2010 just a week ago and he is regretting it as well. But if most of the drivers are barely making minimum wage it wouldn't take a long time for the new drivers to give up so there might be some hope for the full time uber drivers out there.

I drive only few hours on a weekend.
Well, last Friday's job report showed the country shed 32,600 jobs, the majority of those in Ontario. So expect more drivers to sign up as the newly unemployed scramble to make ends meet.