Toronto has more drivers than before regulations now.

hk1990

i notice the samething, when i go on the rider's app and check there are way too many driver's at every intersection. After the car expenses we would be making less that minimum wage driving. Lot of people I talked to are not thinking about the depreciation of the car including my self. Just using the car to make some extra cash to cover some expenses. I havent been driving for awhile but its lot less busy than when i first started. I think it has to do with more people hitting the road after it became legal in toronto (no fear of getting ticketed) and having covered by insurance. Lot of people are still driving without insurance though (only intact is uber friendly).

Superduber

Given that a Select vehicle is the worst vehicle to drive with Uber, it doesn't make sense to drive much unless there are good surges. As a result I haven't driven since new regulations started, well technically I did go out to drive a couple times, but only got non-surged poo, so just went home rather than deal with cheap poo rides. Given that I have done all the paperwork, I'll probably keep my account active until the fall and see if things improve.

djino

Yup. Ottawa is even worse, that drivers from here (we have an Ottawa Viber group) are driving down to Toronto for weeks at a time to drive there before coming back to Ottawa. This may be adding to it being less busy in the GTA.

djino

mp968

Guys, don't forget, it's summer time, ppl out of town, etc.
Wait till after the Labour day weekend.

UberxGTA

Yup. Ottawa is even worse, that drivers from here (we have an Ottawa Viber group) are driving down to Toronto for weeks at a time to drive there before coming back to Ottawa. This may be adding to it being less busy in the GTA.

djino
I have to wonder why Ottawa Uber drivers are allowed to drive in Toronto but not vice versa???

Uberweekenddude

I agree, surge is not there between 5pm and 6pm during week. Weekends are good after the clubs exit, but that lasts for a few hours only. I do like the pools 2 minute timer. Most PAX cant make it to you in 2 minutes and then you can drive off and make free cash. Now they need that for regular requests, put a 3 minute timer on, so many times i pull up and they say oh I will be 2 minutes, then they come out and put the trash cans away, or go into the garage to mess around. Then its been 5 to 8 minutes till they get in the car. and it took 8 minutes to drive to them lol
your pretty much getting 2 to 3 rides an hour and that stinks

UberxGTA

Whats stopping you from being able to drive in Ottawa? Have you contacted Uber?

djino
I was in Ottawa during the Canada Day long weekend and tried to pick up some rides. The app said I wasn't authorized to drive there. I always thought drivers could drive anywhere in Ontario as originally stated by Uber but that isn't the case.

Manhoos

I was in Ottawa during the Canada Day long weekend and tried to pick up some rides. The app said I wasn't authorized to drive there. I always thought drivers could drive anywhere in Ontario as originally stated by Uber but that isn't the case.
Were you on Select or XL only profile then?
I know I can't login with Select only profile outside GTA.

djino

A quick email to Uber would have resolved that.

djino

GaryB

i notice the samething, when i go on the rider's app and check there are way too many driver's at every intersection. After the car expenses we would be making less that minimum wage driving. Lot of people I talked to are not thinking about the depreciation of the car including my self. Just using the car to make some extra cash to cover some expenses. I havent been driving for awhile but its lot less busy than when i first started. I think it has to do with more people hitting the road after it became legal in toronto (no fear of getting ticketed) and having covered by insurance. Lot of people are still driving without insurance though (only intact is uber friendly).
Yeh if you look at the riders app you will see Uber cars everywhere. It does not help then Uber keeps showing their commercial about hiring more drivers.

Canada647

Surge does seem to be diminishing lately, however i believe thats becaue people have less money after long weekend; people are likely on vacation; also there do seem to be a lot more drivers; especially during day time hours