Inshur

Topographical skills assessment

Yohan

Hi everyone ,

I am new here and I am willing to pass the Topographical test soon ,please if anyone can help me with some links online to practice the test .

Thanks a lots in advance

Mark4Real

Hi, Just passed mine after second attempt, not as easy as it looks. The Uber training is useless. After I failed my first attempt I took training with Driver Periodic training Slough. Where I went wrong originally is that I did not take the most direct route. You do this by:
1)Finding the grid reference of the start destination
2)Finding the grid reference of the end destination
3) Copy on note paper the squares that your journey would go through (From the grid reference on the inside cover)
4) Draw a straight line from the start point to end point
5) Plan the journey 1 page at a time

This is how you decide what page numbers to use on medium and long journeys. I paid £50 for this bit of knowledge. You are bound to make mistakes and even with only a 60% passmark, I got 66% on the second attempt. Now virtually any route can appear on the paper so practice practice.

essexman

I done my test at Addison Lee all we had to do was look up an address in a-z and fill in compass blanks NESW and the guy doing test just filled in the rest as didn't want to spend more than 5 mins doing it.

Yohan

Wow it was so easy, however now is a bit tougher.

Thanks everyone, please more advice's from you guys I will appreciate it.

Thanks in advance ☺☺☺

Towie

I done my test at Addison Lee all we had to do was look up an address in a-z and fill in compass blanks NESW and the guy doing test just filled in the rest as didn't want to spend more than 5 mins doing it.

Did you not have to do their knowledge test?

UberLuxbod

Thats the old test.

AddLee are not a Test Centre for the new TFL invigilated test.

Wow it was so easy, however now is a bit tougher.

Thanks everyone, please more advice's from you guys I will appreciate it.

Thanks in advance ☺☺☺

I smell something and it isn't roses.

How could you be asking for info on Wednesday and by Saturday you have passed?

Actually going by your post yesterday you sat the test yesterday.

For a start you don't get your test marked on the day, it goes back to TFL and takes about a fortnight to be marked.

When they gave you the map book what was in the map book that isn't usually?

Anybody that has sat the test should know the answer.

Or are you just trolling the forum trying to promote the idea that the new Topo Test is as simple as the original waste of time?

Is it slow on the rank?

BigMike78

The old topo test was a joke nearly every minicab station issued the certificate for a small fee and probably 90% of the old drivers have passed this way

UberLuxbod

The old topo test was a joke nearly every minicab station issued the certificate for a small fee and probably 90% of the old drivers have passed this way

Just as well the new Topo Test has nothing.in common with the old test then.

Held in exam conditions with two TFL staff to supervise.

Hogster

A large percentage of the old ph drivers didn’t need to take the topographical test as they were given “grandfather rights” if they started working before pre-licensing days

But any decent minicab firm asked prospective drivers quite a few routes and places of interest, in order to avoid giving the controller a severe case of high blood pressure.

Ha ha ha, imagine it now if a poor controller had 50 newbies starting on a Saturday night....

Jack Dunphy

Ha Ha Ha yeah “ Newbie can you pick up so & so from the Windsor Castle in the high street “ What’s the chances of that being £@£@£@ up ?

Get it

They need to retest all the uber drivers, who just paid to pass, some of them would have trouble locating their own home address

Anon2014

Ha Ha Ha yeah “ Newbie can you pick up so & so from the Windsor Castle in the high street “ What’s the chances of that being £@£@£@ up ?
After an hour he calls the controller and says that he cannot find Windows Castle (lost in translation) on the High Street. Is it a pub or a shop? :biggrin:

babasanfur

Hi, Just passed mine after second attempt, not as easy as it looks. The Uber training is useless. After I failed my first attempt I took training with Driver Periodic training Slough. Where I went wrong originally is that I did not take the most direct route. You do this by:
3) Copy on note paper the squares that your journey would go through (From the grid reference on the inside cover)

This is how you decide what page numbers to use on medium and long journeys. I paid £50 for this bit of knowledge. You are bound to make mistakes and even with only a 60% passmark, I got 66% on the second attempt. Now virtually any route can appear on the paper so practice practice.
Before satnavs we used to do the same thing for every journey

Gurdeep79

I did my test at the same centre, also paid the £50 for the training and was taught the same thing to draw a grid and straight line through it and took the test last week (fingers crossed i've passed)