Top Secret company Ant

Cdub2k

I drive for Waitr:

So yesterday I pull into the parking lot of the Chinese Eatery which is in the same parking lot as the neighborhood Walmart off of Manhattan blvd. I pulled in there to park the car to wait for a ping and boom I get a Delivery request from the Chinese Eatery. It was a $5 min fare offer and I accepted since it was literally right in my face. I swiped "arrived" in the App and then I quickly research where the drop off address was. I find out that the drop off location was 4 miles away so I decided to release the order and wait for another Delivery Request. It was around 5PM and traffic was a bit congested. 4 city miles in that congested traffic would've been a 20 min ride. Not to mention the food wasn't even ready yet because I was already there at the restaurant and to top it all off it was only a min fare ride. So I let it go....

15 minutes later I'm still sitting in front of the Chinese Eatery waiting for another Ping. I've hit "No Thanks" on several low ball offers while waiting. And then I see a guy pull up right next to my car. He gets out of the car and runs in to the store. He had on lime green shorts and he was wearing a lime green Waitr T-shirt. Now keep in mind that it was pouring down raining yesterday and had been for about an hour. Anyways, he was in the store for about 3 minutes. So I guess I was right the order was just coming up. If I accepted that order I would've been waiting all that time for that order. Now that got me thinking. This guy drove 15 minutes to come pick this order up and then he'll have to drive another 20 minutes to drop it off all for $5. Unless Waitr added more money to the order. Which is a common practice they do. The order will have a "Priority" label on it. A lot of the $8 offers are like that.

So I was curious about that and since he was right next to my car I rolled my window down to ask him how much did Waitr offer him for that ride. I told him that I did Waitr too and that I had declined the ride. He seemed nervous and said that "this is a Waitr order". I said "I know that's the order I turned down" and then I asked him again how much they offered him for the job.... he muttered something along the lines that he didn't know then got in his car and muttered that he was cold and then drove off.

Well done Top Secret Ant well done!!

1603557330335.png

DJJoeyZ

How do you know the guy drove 15 minutes? He could have just came online or just finished another delivery a block away.

Cdub2k

How do you know the guy drove 15 minutes? He could have just came online or just finished another delivery a block away.
For the sake of keeping the first post short I didn’t mention that. Yes, the Ping could’ve been declined a few times and then by the time it got to him he was in the area. That is definitely a possibility. That was one of the reasons why I was curious how much they offered him for the job. Like I mentioned in the first post if the amount was more than $5 than it would’ve meant that Waitr added more money to it because my offer was $5.

And if that’s the case we all should strictly decline all $5 offers so that Waitr can sweeten those offers. However, it’s impossible to get individual people to corporate. Heck I couldn’t even get one guy to disclose how much his delivery was worth.

observer

For the sake of keeping the first post short I didn’t mention that. Yes, the Ping could’ve been declined a few times and then by the time it got to him he was in the area. That is definitely a possibility. That was one of the reasons why I was curious how much they offered him for the job. Like I mentioned in the first post if the amount was more than $5 than it would’ve meant that Waitr added more money to it because my offer was $5.

And if that’s the case we all should strictly decline all $5 offers so that Waitr can sweeten those offers. However, it’s impossible to get individual people to corporate. Heck I couldn’t even get one guy to disclose how much his delivery was worth.
It was probly 3 dollars and he was embarrased to admit it.

OldUncleDave

I drive for Waitr:

So yesterday I pull into the parking lot of the Chinese Eatery which is in the same parking lot as the neighborhood Walmart off of Manhattan blvd. I pulled in there to park the car to wait for a ping and boom I get a Delivery request from the Chinese Eatery. It was a $5 min fare offer and I accepted since it was literally right in my face. I swiped "arrived" in the App and then I quickly research where the drop off address was. I find out that the drop off location was 4 miles away so I decided to release the order and wait for another Delivery Request. It was around 5PM and traffic was a bit congested. 4 city miles in that congested traffic would've been a 20 min ride. Not to mention the food wasn't even ready yet because I was already there at the restaurant and to top it all off it was only a min fare ride. So I let it go....

15 minutes later I'm still sitting in front of the Chinese Eatery waiting for another Ping. I've hit "No Thanks" on several low ball offers while waiting. And then I see a guy pull up right next to my car. He gets out of the car and runs in to the store. He had on lime green shorts and he was wearing a lime green Waitr T-shirt. Now keep in mind that it was pouring down raining yesterday and had been for about an hour. Anyways, he was in the store for about 3 minutes. So I guess I was right the order was just coming up. If I accepted that order I would've been waiting all that time for that order. Now that got me thinking. This guy drove 15 minutes to come pick this order up and then he'll have to drive another 20 minutes to drop it off all for $5. Unless Waitr added more money to the order. Which is a common practice they do. The order will have a "Priority" label on it. A lot of the $8 offers are like that.

So I was curious about that and since he was right next to my car I rolled my window down to ask him how much did Waitr offer him for that ride. I told him that I did Waitr too and that I had declined the ride. He seemed nervous and said that "this is a Waitr order". I said "I know that's the order I turned down" and then I asked him again how much they offered him for the job.... he muttered something along the lines that he didn't know then got in his car and muttered that he was cold and then drove off.

Well done Top Secret Ant well done!!

View attachment 518250
I wouldn't have answered you either. As a matter of fact, I would have told you to F yourself!!

What makes you the arbiter of orders?

Cdub2k

I wouldn't have answered you either. As a matter of fact, I would have told you to F yourself!!

What makes you the arbiter of orders?
arbiter of orders? I didn’t make any authoritative statements. All I did was ask him a question out of curiosity. Trying to better play the game. Check out the attachment. I declined the exact same order when it was $5.01, then they sent it back to me at twice at $6.01 then $7.01. I declined because of the long waits at Popeyes. Someone took it. I’m wondering how high Waitr is willing to go up on their offers. Notice that they put “priority” on that order. That means that it’s been declined a boat load of times and now it’s a late order and they put more money on it.

It is your business to say that you don’t want to divulge that info but saying “F off” is a bit drastic. I’ve had Uber passengers ask more personal questions than that or even more in depth Uber related questions than that.

Attachments

• 1490FDE1-41DE-43A4-B5DF-C085C1905391.png
    1490FDE1-41DE-43A4-B5DF-C085C1905391.png
    36.4 KB · Views: 29

Johnny Mnemonic

I declined the exact same order when it was $5.01, then they sent it back to me at twice at $6.01 then $7.01.
LOL. I can see the psychology behind the ".01" thing. It's the exact opposite of stores selling for $9.98 instead of exactly ten dollars because our brains register it as "nine bucks instead of $10.01 which registers as "over ten dollars" even though they're effectively the exact same thing.

index.jpg