Top of the hour Boost pings

Sacto Burbs

1.9 Boost for 7-8 pm. ping 8pm EXACTLY request time - Boost showed on the app. Was rounding a freeway curve when I accepted so no time for a screen shot

Boost not applied. Wrote support - she said I was right and gave it to me.

Happy me

Two days later same thing except 9-10 am - ping comes in EXACTLY at 10am.

Had to fight to get it applied. Three back and forth.

Even then she said it was a one time exception.

Talk about just under the wire.

I need a one finger screen shot app.

Strange Fruit

1.9 Boost for 7-8 pm. ping 8pm EXACTLY request time - Boost showed on the app. Was rounding a freeway curve when I accepted so no time for a screen shot

Happy me

Boosts end at :59. Sometimes it shows on the map late. Plus we don't see the Uber clock. It doesn't go by whatevrr yr device or car's clock says. If yr clock says :00, Uber's system may be :01, or :00 and 38 seconds, etc. U were given a gift. Back when 2x boosts didn't get pings much, I waited a few times for 45 minutes only to finally get a ping at :00 when it ended.

CNguyen415

Happy me

I need a one finger screen shot app.
If you have an iphone, Assistive Touch lets you screenshot with one finger

Sacto Burbs

IMG_6196.PNG

This ride came with a 1.9x on the accept screen. I also checked the detail screen after I accepted because I didn't believe I had been so lucky - which also showed 1.9x.

IMG_6197.PNG

And Fruit - this was a DF - drop off was Hillsdale Caltrain. Set it just as I was almost at SF from the Bay Bridge.

emmhope

View attachment 160474

This ride came with a 1.9x on the accept screen. I also checked the detail screen after I accepted because I didn't believe I had been so lucky - which also showed 1.9x.

View attachment 160476

And Fruit - this was a DF - drop off was Hillsdale Caltrain. Set it just as I was almost at SF from the Bay Bridge.

Why do you guys keep advertising driving with DF ! it’s so bad these days that I have to turn it off and not bother just so that I can stop wasting time idle

Sacto Burbs

If you have an iphone, Assistive Touch lets you screenshot with one finger
Brilliant. Thank you.

Why do you guys keep advertising driving with DF ! it’s so bad these days that I have to turn it off and not bother just so that I can stop wasting time idle
It works best when you are going counter to traffic or just want to cut off everything behind you. (I.e. FiDi)

E.g. Saturday 5pm you put yourself in the middle of the high Boost zone but you don't want to get dragged downtown, set it to Cliff House.

Does it always work? No. But when it does it is magic.

Last edited:

Uberdancer

Disinformation is intentionally false or misleading information that is spread in a calculated way to deceive target audiences. The English word, which did not appear in dictionaries until the late-1980s, is a translation of the Russian дезинформация, transliterated as dezinformatsiya. Disinformation is different from misinformation, which is information that is unintentionally false. Misinformation can be used to define disinformation — where disinformation is misinformation that is purposefully and intentionally disseminated in order to deceive.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation

Disinformation is false information spread deliberately to deceive. The English word disinformation is a translation of the Russian dezinformatsiya, derived from the title of a KGB black propaganda department. The book Disinformation documents that Joseph Stalin coined the term, giving it a French-sounding name to falsely claim it had a Western origin.

Russian use began with a "special disinformation office" in 1923. Disinformation was defined in Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1952) as "false information with the intention to deceive public opinion". Operation INFEKTION was a Soviet disinformation campaign to influence opinion that the U.S. invented AIDS. The U.S. did not actively counter disinformation until 1980, when a fake document reported that the U.S. supported apartheid.

The word disinformation did not appear in English dictionaries until the late-1980s. English use increased in 1986, after revelations that the Reagan Administration engaged in disinformation against Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. By 1990 it was pervasive in U.S. politics; and by 2001 referred generally to lying and propaganda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation

Strange Fruit

I have had so many :00 pings that didn't have the boost. Then again, I always canceled them or back before the pings stopped showing boosts half the time I didn't even accept them (my boosts often don't show on the ping lately, but it shows in the ride detail). So I didn't see the Uber time stamp. Maybe my clock said :00 but it was :01. My map changes boost at :00 too. Yrs changes at :01?
Boost are 6-7. And 7-8 etc. So which boost do u get at 7? The 6-7 or 7-8 boost? I guess it's 6:01-7:01 since you'd get rhe 5-6 boost at 6:00. 7:01-8:01 etc according to this. Cuz if u get the 7-8 boost at 8:00 then the next boost starts at 8:01, or maybe its7:00:31 8:00:30 and the next is at 8:00:31secs.

SRGuy

I got 2 pings in the boost zone that didn't show boost; 5th and Bryant and 5th and brannan. Accepted both, confirmed boost should have applied and cancelled. Next ping had boost.