Top 10 "My Other Driver Let Me..."

Fuzzyelvis

10. "Pre-Game on the way to Rebel with Vodka & Redbull in open Red Solo Cups with my pals."
9. "Stop for smokes at the 7-11, I'll be 30 seconds, I don' know how to put in extra stops..."
8. "Have the Aux Cord for a 3 minute trip, Fam."
7. "Take this U-Turn in the middle of the Yonge-Eglinton Construction"
6. "Vape my custom tobacco/pot skunkjuice."
5. "Just drive a little further up the street, I put in the address in wrong" (1.5 km later...just turn right here, no left, just a little further...)
4. "Take my three toddlers, with no car seats, it's just up the street..." (Ride is from Milton to Brampton)
3. "Wear my mask on my chin for the whole ride."
2. "McD's Drive thru, please. I have a hankering for a McFlurry. STAT."
1. "Wait, just one more minute...Coming!"
11. Drive me just out of the surge zone then request the rest of the long trip at no surge (I got this a few times when we had the old surge system). It probably still happens when the up front price is really high and the pax knows it's because of when/where they're starting from.
12. Jump my car.
13. Move a "few things" (like a 2 bedroom apartment in multiple trips of half a mile each and help loading and unloading).
14. Take my drunken, unconscious, likely to puke and pee friend home and make sure she gets in her 3rd floor apartment safely. (And dispute the cleaning fee, of course).
15. Take my muddy, just been rolling around in a dead animal dog in my car.
16. Let me bring my 7 friends with me in your uberx (I'll make it worth your while, lol).

Phoenix123

11. Drive me just out of the surge zone then request the rest of the long trip at no surge (I got this a few times when we had the old surge system). It probably still happens when the up front price is really high and the pax knows it's because of when/where they're starting from.
12. Jump my car.
13. Move a "few things" (like a 2 bedroom apartment in multiple trips of half a mile each and help loading and unloading).
14. Take my drunken, unconscious, likely to puke and pee friend home and make sure she gets in her 3rd floor apartment safely. (And dispute the cleaning fee, of course).
15. Take my muddy, just been rolling around in a dead animal dog in my car.
16. Let me bring my 7 friends with me in your uberx (I'll make it worth your while, lol).
11. Has not happened and I would not do that at all.
12. Have never had that happen
13. I did this twice, same person each trip paid 125
14. I have done that once, carried her in... Her mom was around as I knocked on the door for help & did not want to touch her before hand for any problems. Had to wake up a couple of past out people... it happens
15. WTF
16. I did 5 in my Uber X car once, surge was to high to pass up....#camry

Stevie The magic Unicorn

The thing about jumping cars is that it risks damaging YOUR car in the process.

If it’s done correctly by someone of above average intelligence there’s little risk.

However the risk is still there, and people are collectively too stupid for me to risk it.

You hook up either car wrong and it’s could be $100s or thousands in damage.

this opens up another issue, if you charge money for the service you could be liable for damaging the other guys car.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So Stevie, what's your point. Any boomer knows how to _correctly_ jump start a car.

And most of us can roll start a car that has a manual transmission.
Most GenX'rs can easily do this as well. When I used to drive gas-cars (I've been EV for 6 years now), I always had a set of Jumper Cables in my car, and I gave many people in Frozen parking lots in Winter a Jump. And I had several people when I was in my 20s, and drove beater cars, give me a jump.

mbd

Pax wanted to sit in the front, I said I don’t care... 3 total, I in the front and 2 in the back...
Pax next request was” do you have a aux”
I said , yes, gave the aux cord to her... pax connects aux cord to her phone and then turns the volume knob up but no sound :smiles: she said
”something seriously wrong with the radio”

I told her, that is the AC knob:laugh:
2 in the back started started laughing out loud and making fun of the front seat pax ....giggling continued for few minutes.

Ardery

10. "Pre-Game on the way to Rebel with Vodka & Redbull in open Red Solo Cups with my pals."
9. "Stop for smokes at the 7-11, I'll be 30 seconds, I don' know how to put in extra stops..."
8. "Have the Aux Cord for a 3 minute trip, Fam."
7. "Take this U-Turn in the middle of the Yonge-Eglinton Construction"
6. "Vape my custom tobacco/pot skunkjuice."
5. "Just drive a little further up the street, I put in the address in wrong" (1.5 km later...just turn right here, no left, just a little further...)
4. "Take my three toddlers, with no car seats, it's just up the street..." (Ride is from Milton to Brampton)
3. "Wear my mask on my chin for the whole ride."
2. "McD's Drive thru, please. I have a hankering for a McFlurry. STAT."
1. "Wait, just one more minute...Coming!"
sounds like Toronto.
one of my favorite cities in Canada.
Post automatically merged:

anyway,
my riders get dropped off at the address put in.
riders get picked up at the address put in.

"hello? sorry, we put in the wrong address. can you drive two miles to pick us up?"

ME: Nooo