Top 10 "My Other Driver Let Me..."

tohunt4me

If a Prius can, so can a Camry! :biggrin:

That is taking HIDEOUS to a whole New Level !

Another Uber Driver

This is the one that gets me the most

This is actually the twenty first century version of something that I used to hate as a cab dispatcher. I would be beating this job do death trying to get someone to cover it. The customer was calling back every two seconds and giving my operators the blues. Finally, a driver speaks up that he is en route to the area and discharging in a minute or two. I give him the job. He acknowledges. I tell my operator to tell the customer that it is on the way. The operator does so and hangs up. Then, I hear the driver's calling. I know what it is even before I acknowledge the driver.

"Go ahead _____________"

"My passenger wants a round trip".

Benjamin M

This is the one that gets me the most. I lost a very high dollar stacked ride for “Its only a couple of blocks”. It’s was 2 miles. Pax are the worst sometimes. And by the way. She 1 starred me because I wasn’t nice to her....
I refuse to go somewhere other than the address first given unless they enter the correct one or tell me what it is and I manually change it. If it's WAY off, I might end the trip - especially if it's busy and they have been annoying.

simont23

"The other driver only charged me $10 for the same trip". "Well, why didn't you use him?" "Because he is not working today." "Actually he is not working any day. Because he did not charge enough, when his car needed some maintenance, he could not afford to pay for it, so it is in the repair shop until he finds the money." Sounds like Uber's business model, without the continual fund raising.

Another Uber Driver

"The other driver only charged me $10 for the same trip".

In the U.S. of A., only the Uber drivers in California have any control over what they charge; they can set a surge factor. The c ustomer can accept or reject it. In other markets, the drivers have no control over what they charge. In fact, Uber specifically instructs drivers not to discuss fares with customers. The driver should refer the passenger to Customer Service when there is a question about fares.

If I were a California driver, if I received pushback from the customer, I would say to him:

"Sir, you saw the cost up front. If you did not like it, you should not have submitted the request."

As I do not drive in California, if I hear any nonsense from the customer about the fare, I simply inform him to discuss the matter with Uber Customer Service, as Uber instructs drives not to discuss fares with customers.

ariel5466

Pull up to a family of 3. Two adults get in back and the ~5-7year old opens front passenger door. His favorite thing to do is ride up front.

I apologize to them all and tell them legally he can't ride up front. The mom was really mad like I was just being mean to her son. Telling me how all the other drivers do it and it has never been a problem.

She made jabs about it the whole 10 minute ride. I just let her talk.

Honestly im surprised she didn’t care that in an accident the air bag would probably kill her small child if he is in the front seat.
I'll bet the mom's name started with a "K."

The "Bad Mom" Karen.

karen.gif

Phoenix123

10. "Pre-Game on the way to Rebel with Vodka & Redbull in open Red Solo Cups with my pals."
9. "Stop for smokes at the 7-11, I'll be 30 seconds, I don' know how to put in extra stops..."
8. "Have the Aux Cord for a 3 minute trip, Fam."
7. "Take this U-Turn in the middle of the Yonge-Eglinton Construction"
6. "Vape my custom tobacco/pot skunkjuice."
5. "Just drive a little further up the street, I put in the address in wrong" (1.5 km later...just turn right here, no left, just a little further...)
4. "Take my three toddlers, with no car seats, it's just up the street..." (Ride is from Milton to Brampton)
3. "Wear my mask on my chin for the whole ride."
2. "McD's Drive thru, please. I have a hankering for a McFlurry. STAT."
1. "Wait, just one more minute...Coming!"

Just so you know.. I am that Other Driver....

I have done all of these at one time or another during my time with Uber / Lyft....

10 Continues
9. Continues. They good ones usually offer to buy me something or when they ask, I am like sure, just grab me a Gatorade & some skittles
8. Continues I will take the extra 50 cents waiting for them to get it all set up
7. Continues... Its how I roll, they dont have to ask if it going to benefit me, I do it..
6. Stopped... I have had other customers complain, so I cant take that risk
5. Continues. Yea I know its lazy, but lazy keeps us in business
4. Stopped.. The hours I drive usually don't get to many kids anymore
3. Depends on the person.... If you hop in with no mask like you own my car with no mask, you get bounced, if you ask nicely, say you have a condition, its coo.. Just dont try and be bold or sneak in like I can see..DA @@@... I am not looking at you the whole time, while you are in the back, my eyes are on the road, plus making eye contact can be awkward so you will do you in the back, just be real about it.
2. Yea just get me a large fries or 3 cookie or an Ice cream or Large Sprite no ice, we are good... I have been fed so many times its not even funny
1. 15 min wait time on Black... Sucks, but that where we are at.... So I am used to it, but If i text after like 3 mins, just respond back, so I know you are coming, vs not saying anything and walking up with there is like 5 seconds left... Just call the damn Uber when you are ready to go, it tells you how long you got before a car is coming & you are tracking the car, like come on people....

New2This

Just so you know.. I am that Other Driver....

I have done all of these at one time or another during my time with Uber / Lyft....

10 Continues
9. Continues. They good ones usually offer to buy me something or when they ask, I am like sure, just grab me a Gatorade & some skittles
8. Continues I will take the extra 50 cents waiting for them to get it all set up
7. Continues... Its how I roll, they dont have to ask if it going to benefit me, I do it..
6. Stopped... I have had other customers complain, so I cant take that risk
5. Continues. Yea I know its lazy, but lazy keeps us in business
4. Stopped.. The hours I drive usually don't get to many kids anymore
3. Depends on the person.... If you hop in with no mask like you own my car with no mask, you get bounced, if you ask nicely, say you have a condition, its coo.. Just dont try and be bold or sneak in like I can see..DA @@@... I am not looking at you the whole time, while you are in the back, my eyes are on the road, plus making eye contact can be awkward so you will do you in the back, just be real about it.
2. Yea just get me a large fries or 3 cookie or an Ice cream or Large Sprite no ice, we are good... I have been fed so many times its not even funny
1. 15 min wait time on Black... Sucks, but that where we are at.... So I am used to it, but If i text after like 3 mins, just respond back, so I know you are coming, vs not saying anything and walking up with there is like 5 seconds left... Just call the damn Uber when you are ready to go, it tells you how long you got before a car is coming & you are tracking the car, like come on people....

You do Black so you're compensated well for these things.

Imagine doing that shit for base rate. 🤦‍♂️

Phoenix123

You do Black so you're compensated well for these things.

Imagine doing that shit for base rate. 🤦‍♂️
Base no..
With high surge yes....
Uber and their mind games with Ratings, and people wanting to be like...
No one know Uber algo, so we try and keep high ratings, and pax will down rate for these things.

Lucky, the few people that I have to sent to the back have not down-rated me... It clearly says no one up front... I have enough room for 6 in the back, no you cant sit up front with 5 people in the back, already, get your happy azz back there and enjoy your buddies, cause i dont need you trying to turn around to talk to them when you could be right next to them, if you did not have some power control

Kurt Halfyard

Author
I had the triple a couple months ago:

No Car seats for toddler.
4 Passengers.
No face coverings.

Shuffled them twice, just for the experience. Once a No show. Once a No mask cancel. This was before Lyft lowered the shuffle bonus to $2.

1. All the other Uber drivers let me sit up front (despite its being contrary both to Uber/Lyft policy and a specific Mayoral Order)

2. All the other Uber drivers right-on-red here. (despite a larger than usual NO TURN ON RED sign)

3. All the other Uber drivers turn left on red, here. (left on red from a one-way onto another one-way is specifically permitted in the Commonwealth of Virginia. It is specifically prohibited in the District of Columbia and just plain not allowed in the State of Maryland).

4. All the other Uber drivers let me eat in their car. (Like they really let you eat that loaded burrito so that you can spill half of it on the floor and seat)

5. All the other Uber drivers have water and snacks. (No, you had one that did, so now you think that all should have them)

Ya, I love the: All the other Uber drivers da da da da

mbd

When the pax talks about “ other driver let me do it” they are talking about me:laugh: I am 100% passenger friendly:smiles: