Top 10 "My Other Driver Let Me..."

Another Uber Driver

Do you afraid of 13 years old girl?

No, but a fear of the consequences of being involved in a collision with one as a passenger, regardless of fault is not illegitimate. You can not haul an unaccompanied thirteen year old on UberX or Lyft because Uber's/Lyft's insurer will not pay a claim for a passenger injury to an unaccompanied minor. This passes over your being de-activated for doing it. Your private insurer will not pay any claim for a passenger's injury if you are hauling one for compensation.

Similarly, I am not afraid of a blind drunk twenty three year old unaccompanied female, either. I am afraid of the consequences of hauling her. If she does not ralph in my car, she will pass out. At that point, I will have to get the police to get her out of my car at the destination. If I put my hands on her, I could face legal consequences. In fact, even if I do not touch her, she could accuse me of improper behaviour. Uber/Lyft would de-activate no questions asked. Even if the law clears me, neither Uber nor Lyft would re-instate me.

There are some passengers that you just do not haul.

Mash Ghasem

No, but a fear of the consequences of being involved in a collision with one as a passenger, regardless of fault is not illegitimate. You can not haul an unaccompanied thirteen year old on UberX or Lyft because Uber's/Lyft's insurer will not pay a claim for a passenger injury to an unaccompanied minor. This passes over your being de-activated for doing it. Your private insurer will not pay any claim for a passenger's injury if you are hauling one for compensation.

Similarly, I am not afraid of a blind drunk twenty three year old unaccompanied female, either. I am afraid of the consequences of hauling her. If she does not ralph in my car, she will pass out. At that point, I will have to get the police to get her out of my car at the destination. If I put my hands on her, I could face legal consequences. In fact, even if I do not touch her, she could accuse me of improper behaviour. Uber/Lyft would de-activate no questions asked. Even if the law clears me, neither Uber nor Lyft would re-instate me.

There are some passengers that you just do not haul.

A.K.A. the most important "L" word: liability.

TheDevilisaParttimer

Pull up to a family of 3. Two adults get in back and the ~5-7year old opens front passenger door. His favorite thing to do is ride up front.

I apologize to them all and tell them legally he can't ride up front. The mom was really mad like I was just being mean to her son. Telling me how all the other drivers do it and it has never been a problem.

She made jabs about it the whole 10 minute ride. I just let her talk.

Honestly im surprised she didn’t care that in an accident the air bag would probably kill her small child if he is in the front seat.

Mash Ghasem

What’s shocking is having to explain to folks that I can’t take 6 people in a Camry...

If a Prius can, so can a Camry! :biggrin:

Benjamin M

I so don't want to go back to pax. But the time is coming. Mostly worried about the chin mask or dick nose pax :frown: