Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Top 10 "My Other Driver Let Me..."

6K views 71 replies 39 participants last post by  Ardery 
#1 ·
10. "Pre-Game on the way to Rebel with Vodka & Redbull in open Red Solo Cups with my pals."
9. "Stop for smokes at the 7-11, I'll be 30 seconds, I don' know how to put in extra stops..."
8. "Have the Aux Cord for a 3 minute trip, Fam."
7. "Take this U-Turn in the middle of the Yonge-Eglinton Construction"
6. "Vape my custom tobacco/pot skunkjuice."
5. "Just drive a little further up the street, I put in the address in wrong" (1.5 km later...just turn right here, no left, just a little further...)
4. "Take my three toddlers, with no car seats, it's just up the street..." (Ride is from Milton to Brampton)
3. "Wear my mask on my chin for the whole ride."
2. "McD's Drive thru, please. I have a hankering for a McFlurry. STAT."
1. "Wait, just one more minute...Coming!"

#10 ·
1. All the other Uber drivers let me sit up front (despite its being contrary both to Uber/Lyft policy and a specific Mayoral Order)

2. All the other Uber drivers right-on-red here. (despite a larger than usual NO TURN ON RED sign)

3. All the other Uber drivers turn left on red, here. (left on red from a one-way onto another one-way is specifically permitted in the Commonwealth of Virginia. It is specifically prohibited in the District of Columbia and just plain not allowed in the State of Maryland).

4. All the other Uber drivers let me eat in their car. (Like they really let you eat that loaded burrito so that you can spill half of it on the floor and seat)

5. All the other Uber drivers have water and snacks. (No, you had one that did, so now you think that all should have them)

#16 ·
I can't even with #5...#paxholes 🤬
Damn, it's extra cents, maybe tip. Who told you they have to do whatever you want 😢

11. All the other Uber drivers always give me a ride. Says a 13 year old girl. :frown:

Reported.
In that case: it's always some one ☝ that not. Have nice day. Come with momma!!! 😉

Pax is so 80's. Reminds me of a driver trying to fit in.

In my experience, it's simple, you choose riders that feel and smell right. I am old school, I only banged the chicks that applied to the above.
Why I'm wasting my time here?

You paid me but not enough.
Ask senate for stimulus number 2😜

#17 ·
Reactions: Lissetti
#23 ·
Is it legal in DC? It's not legal here in Cali.
I will not carry them on UberX. What happens is that you pull up to the address, out comes a thirteen year old girl. You decline to transport and get this fuss "ALL THE OTHER UBER DRIVERS DO IT!"

What is funny is that if I am driving the cab, I can carry them at twelve.

#30 ·
No, but a fear of the consequences of being involved in a collision with one as a passenger, regardless of fault is not illegitimate. You can not haul an unaccompanied thirteen year old on UberX or Lyft because Uber's/Lyft's insurer will not pay a claim for a passenger injury to an unaccompanied minor. This passes over your being de-activated for doing it. Your private insurer will not pay any claim for a passenger's injury if you are hauling one for compensation.

Similarly, I am not afraid of a blind drunk twenty three year old unaccompanied female, either. I am afraid of the consequences of hauling her. If she does not ralph in my car, she will pass out. At that point, I will have to get the police to get her out of my car at the destination. If I put my hands on her, I could face legal consequences. In fact, even if I do not touch her, she could accuse me of improper behaviour. Uber/Lyft would de-activate no questions asked. Even if the law clears me, neither Uber nor Lyft would re-instate me.

There are some passengers that you just do not haul.

#34 ·
Pull up to a family of 3. Two adults get in back and the ~5-7year old opens front passenger door. His favorite thing to do is ride up front.

I apologize to them all and tell them legally he can't ride up front. The mom was really mad like I was just being mean to her son. Telling me how all the other drivers do it and it has never been a problem.

She made jabs about it the whole 10 minute ride. I just let her talk.

Honestly im surprised she didn’t care that in an accident the air bag would probably kill her small child if he is in the front seat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.