Top 10 Improvements UBER badly needs to quit being the Corporate Evil we love to hate!!!

UberReallySucks

1. Add a Damn Tip Button already and quit telling people tipping not necessary or included. Tipping has been part of this industry even since it came to exist. Who the hell are you to change that?
  2. Any minimum fare needs to be per passenger... All drivers without exception are sick and tired of transporting 4 idiots that will dirty their cars and slam their doors for 4 dollars - $ 2.60 net. Enough already with this bullshit! They can't even ride a bus in India for that cheap.
  3. Quit recruiting more and more drivers and lowering your standards in the process... a 2000 car is now accepted by UBER in some if not most markets ... How about you try keeping the ones you have!
  4. If you're gonna keep lowering the already ridiculously low rates in most markets, then you need to quit making champagne promises on a Colt 45 budget... AS Uber is quickly becoming the ride of choice for drug dealers, drug users and EBT recipients alike.
  5. As for the Rating system, for your information 4.5 = 90% and is equivalent to an A in all major colleges and deactivating a driver at 4.6 is one of the worst decisions ever made by the UBER dictatorship.
  6. Quit messing around with the App. Get that damn thing to work flawlessly and leave it alone. The last thing a driver needs is to mess around with a crazy App. while driving... It's just NOT safe. Maybe some of your programmers need to be drivers for a day.
  7. Uber drivers are not luggage handlers so Airport runs should always and without exception be at surge pricing as they automatically always have luggage involved.
  8. Cancellation should not be free for up to 5 minutes... Uber drivers are not just a bunch of robots whose cars run on thin air.
  9. Instead of wasting SO much money on ads and sign on bonuses for EX Lyft Drivers, How about using some of that money to reward the good drivers you have now?
  10. Finally, Travis needs to be featured on Undercover Boss and be a driver for a day and experience the disappointment most drivers feel at the end of each trip when the total fare is generated on their phones.

Last edited:

UberReallySucks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lol, too true.
UBER doesn't give a damn only because they know drivers are not united and/or unionized. When that changes, believe me they will do more than just give a damn ... because they know without drivers there will be no UBER.... and since Drivers have the power, they should be able to dictate the rates and work conditions, not some "technology" company.
What we need is UDU - Uber Drivers Union :smiles:

Last edited:

uberparadise

1. Add a Damn Tip Button already and quit telling people tipping not necessary or included. Tipping has been part of this industry even since it came to exist. Who the hell are you to change that?
  2. Any minimum fare needs to be per passenger... All drivers without exception are sick and tired of transporting 4 idiots that will dirty their cars and slam their doors for 4 dollars - $ 2.60 net. Enough already with this bullshit! They can't even ride a bus in India for that cheap.
  3. Quit recruiting more and more drivers and lowering your standards in the process... a 2000 car is now accepted by UBER in some if not most markets ... How about you try keeping the ones you have!
  4. If you're gonna keep lowering the already ridiculously low rates in most markets, then you need to quit making champagne promises on a Colt 45 budget... AS Uber is quickly becoming the ride of choice for drug dealers, drug users and EBT recipients alike.
  5. As for the Rating system, for your information 4.5 = 90% and is equivalent to an A in all major colleges and deactivating a driver at 4.6 is one of the worst decisions ever made by the UBER dictatorship.
  6. Quit messing around with the App. Get that damn thing to work flawlessly and leave it alone. The last thing a driver needs is to mess around with a crazy App. while driving... It's just NOT safe. Maybe some of your programmers need to be drivers for a day.
  7. Uber drivers are not luggage handlers so Airport runs should always and without exception be at surge pricing as they automatically always have luggage involved.
  8. Cancellation should not be free for up to 5 minutes... Uber drivers are not just a bunch of robots whose cars run on thin air.
  9. Instead of wasting SO much money on ads and sign on bonuses for EX Lyft Drivers, How about using some of that money to reward the good drivers you have now?
  10. Finally, Travis needs to be featured on Undercover Boss and be a driver for a day and experience the disappointment most drivers feel at the end of each trip when the total fare is generated on their phones.
[/QUOTE

uberparadise

You are 100 % correct. Undercover Boss would be eye opening to him and the public. The Big Bosses inside UBER basically laugh at us and dream nightly about robotic cars with no drivers at all. They prey on the worker needing a decent job and money to get by. I knew something was strange when I realized UBER will pay u more to find new drivers than u can make driving. High turnover and dead end job. It could be great and very rewarding with a CEO that had a heart of love and caring. Guess we can only hope to find Paradise one day.

theblackmetal09

UBER doesn't give a damn only because they know drivers are not united and/or unionized. When that changes, believe me they will do more than just give a damn ... because they know without drivers there will be no UBER.... and since Drivers have the power, they should be able to dictate the rates and work conditions, not some "technology" company.
What we need is UDU - Uber Drivers Union :smiles:
Let's start one, there's one in Washington state I joined online, but we need something country-wide that will take momentum.

I agree with all except #8. while I always wish I got money for cancellations short of time, lets be honest no other transportation provider except limos get money for cancellations. honestly we are better electronic versions of a taxi cab. we're lucky that a) we get cancellation fees and b) that we only have to wait 5 minutes for it (that's like 1 song, I sit back, chill for a sec enjoy the song. no rider I cut them loose and bounce)...just playing devils advocate here.

besides that everything else is great. especially improving the app, it drives me crazy that it's so damn buggy. and also I believe cancellation fee and minimum fare should be increased. both should be equal to the average length of ride in that market, or there about why because that's what the driver actually lost taking care of that PAX.

less drivers would cancel on a difficult pick up if it was going to be an average fare or better.

UberLou

#2. 1 Star there ass, problem solved.
TERRIBLE IDEA, you will essentially ruin the rating system. How do I know who the pukers and @@@@@@@@ to avoid are if you are rating non-tippers poorly. I would rather have a non-tipper than an @@@@@@@. Drivers are just going to keep accepting lower rated Riders or ignore the ratings all together. You guys need to really look at the big picture here. Uber @@@@s us not the passengers. Use the ratings system for what it is intended for, avoiding bad passengers.

Rex8976

• Add a Damn Tip Button already and quit telling people tipping not necessary or included. Tipping has been part of THE TAXI & LIMO this industry even since it came to exist. Who the hell are you to change that?
  • Any minimum fare needs to be per passenger... All drivers without exception are sick and tired of transporting 4 idiots that will dirty their cars and slam their doors for 4 dollars - $ 2.60 net. Enough already with this bullshit! They can't even ride a bus in India for that cheap. Charging per person means you are THE BUS.
  • Quit recruiting more and more drivers and lowering your standards in the process... a 2000 car is now accepted by UBER in some if not most markets ... How about you try keeping the ones you have! <-- <-- Exactly the reason the number of taxicabs is capped.
  • If you're gonna keep lowering the already ridiculously low rates in most markets, then you need to quit making champagne promises on a Colt 45 budget... AS Uber is quickly becoming the ride of choice for drug dealers, drug users and EBT recipients alike. Once again, you are THE BUS.
  • As for the Rating system, for your information 4.5 = 90% and is equivalent to an A in all major colleges and deactivating a driver at 4.6 is one of the worst decisions ever made by the UBER dictatorship. The notion that you would expect a fair rating from someone who finds THE BUS pricey, well...
  • Quit messing around with the App. Get that damn thing to work flawlessly and leave it alone. The last thing a driver needs is to mess around with a crazy App. while driving... It's just NOT safe. Maybe some of your programmers need to be drivers for a day. The app does work pretty damn good, but as always, managed by folks who don't have to make a living work with it.
  • Uber drivers are not luggage handlers so Airport runs should always and without exception be at surge pricing as they automatically always have luggage involved. There is a long list of things that Uber drivers are not, but if you want to play taxi hauling luggage comes with the turf.
  • Cancellation should not be free for up to 5 minutes... Uber drivers are not just a bunch of robots whose cars run on thin air. Not yet...but soon. There's one you have over taxis: you get something for each and every call.
  • Instead of wasting SO much money on ads and sign on bonuses for EX Lyft Drivers, How about using some of that money to reward the good drivers you have now? The business model only needs the calls covered quickly...doesn't matter how many are out there. More the merrier.
  • Finally, Travis needs to be featured on Undercover Boss and be a driver for a day and experience the disappointment most drivers feel at the end of each trip when the total fare is generated on their phones. Disappointment? He would throw himself off of a tall building...and land comfortably on the mountains of cash you have provided him.

UberReallySucks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with all except #8. while I always wish I got money for cancellations short of time, lets be honest no other transportation provider except limos get money for cancellations. honestly we are better electronic versions of a taxi cab. we're lucky that a) we get cancellation fees and b) that we only have to wait 5 minutes for it (that's like 1 song, I sit back, chill for a sec enjoy the song. no rider I cut them loose and bounce)...just playing devils advocate here.

besides that everything else is great. especially improving the app, it drives me crazy that it's so damn buggy. and also I believe cancellation fee and minimum fare should be increased. both should be equal to the average length of ride in that market, or there about why because that's what the driver actually lost taking care of that PAX.

less drivers would cancel on a difficult pick up if it was going to be an average fare or better.
Someone came up with an excellent idea as far as cancellation is concerned .... 1 dollar / min. fair and square with no uber fess.