Took an Uber X as a pax just now.

Muziklyfe3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
A BMW X-series driving X platform? Damn, the driver is losing money and doesn't even realize that. Good for you to tip him. May good karma return to you.
Yeah, I was shocked when I ordered the X and that type of car popped up.
Then I had to order another one and I got a old rickity van lol. Got spoiled on my first ride :wink:

Last edited:

IERide

First week or so I drove, I was driving a 2009 Jaguar XF (5ooHP) in mint condition with only 28k miles on it.. I quickly learned that 10-14MPG was not profitable.. Made for a few happy/surprised riders..

A week or so ago I ordered an Uber X to take me to the Nissan dealer (to get my new 39MPG Altima!) and I was picked up in a brand new big BMW.. The guy said he was making decent money on X and didn't get many Select rides..

tohunt4me

Yeah, I was shocked when I oredered the X and that type of car popped up.
Then I had to order another one and I got a old rickity van lol. Got spoiled on my first ride :wink:
And so will all of the other passengers.

Then they will judge us accordingly.

Last edited:

tohunt4me

Got a Tesla Model S on uberx and had 50% off. $12 ride from downtown San Diego to home in Ocean Beach for $6. Tip 100% of every ride I have ever taken in my life except this one. Can't encourage this type of behavior making the rest of us on the platform look bad.
Had 2 well educated business men on a trip to the airport last week
They were both from Chicago,but were taking different airlines home.

They asked me about tipping.I told them to tip whatever they would like.

One told me he always tips ,except for his last Uber back home.
He told me the guy had a fancy new BMW,and he wasn't tipping someone with a nicer car than what he owned.

Backfire.

Adieu

Called for an X, got a brand new BMW SUV that came and got me. Hmmm. Slow are we? Anyway, the guy was nice, couldn't speak english very well, but nice. I tipped him and he looked shocked. Guess he doesn't receive many tips.
Poor noob thinks going down to X will get him ratings

Adieu

First week or so I drove, I was driving a 2009 Jaguar XF (5ooHP) in mint condition with only 28k miles on it.. I quickly learned that 10-14MPG was not profitable.. Made for a few happy/surprised riders..

A week or so ago I ordered an Uber X to take me to the Nissan dealer (to get my new 39MPG Altima!) and I was picked up in a brand new big BMW.. The guy said he was making decent money on X and didn't get many Select rides..
Altimas are dangerously defective when driven hard/round the clock

The traction control will fade your brakes and overheat your tires, after which shell handle like a drunk millennial trying to walk a straight line

Adieu

Hope it's just for his first 50 rides.

I'm driving nice 2 year old car,but it's a long way from B.M.W.
Bad strategy

Tried it lol....rickety 5yo BMW 335d for $12k,but every pax seems convinced its a new M3

Could be the rims....but suspect its the rough idle and noise I get with random bad batches of diesel.

Reactions: Noy

tohunt4me

The traction control will fade your brakes and overheat your tires, after which shell handle like a drunk millennial trying to walk a straight line
I've heard/ read that before somewhere.
Someone in the forum rented one and ran it across 40 States.

IERide

Good thing I don't drive it hard or around the clock. But I would like to read more about this problem. Do you have a link to the documentation about this known-issue?

IERide

I drove one over 6 states (2500 miles)last week, just got back yesterday. That 39mph promised was only 34mpg but still not bad
EPA estimates are not promises. They are the results of standardized testing that are intended to be used for comparison. Anyone that thinks they will ever get what the EPA estimate estimates is an idiot (I see idiots complaining about 'false advertising - I'm gunna sue!' All the time)
That said, so far doing mostly street driving I am averaging 29MPG.. Good enough for me!

IERide

Nissans are notorious for failing engine mounts.
I gave up searching for a car maker that has a record of 0 problems and is not 'notorious' for anything, long ago.
If an engine mount should fail (I'm really not worried about it) that should be covered under my 7/70k warranty. But I'm not losing any sleep over it but I would love to hear your opinion on which auto-maker has 0 issues and zero things that they are 'notorious' for.

Last edited: