Too Many Pax and Rude!

Tim In Cleveland

So XL ping to Corner Alley bar at E 4th. I pull up and what looks like 7-8 people are huddled waiting. I quickly ask how many riders as they start to get in "I don't know. Six" says the account holder. Well, there's clearly 7 and they quickly try to stuff a 3rd passenger into the 3rd row which is a tight fit for 2 and I tell them I can only take 6. I get the "The last Uber driver said yes" crud and then he announced he would cancel if I wouldn't allow it. I said "Sure, you can cancel. No problem". They start getting out and one of their group agrees to find her own ride. Now they get back in and I stupidly allow it (as a rule, I don't transport ANY of the group when they try to break a law and try my hardest to get them charged with a cancel fee). Well, we've barely moved when the account holder starts crabbing again that I should have allowed an extra. I said it was illegal and breaks the seats. We go 2 blocks and he starts exiting the vehicle at a red light. He announces that I should finish the ride for the others and that the cost will be the same whether he's in the car or not. I continue on, and it's just a few more blocks before he cancels the trip.
He thinks he's slick, but Uber allows you to finish a trip like that (account holder authorizes trip then cancels) and then request an adjustment so I did just that. He's going to wake up to see the full price of the ride on his account meanwhile, because he cancelled, he didn't get the chance to 1 star me.

Last edited:

Skinny1

Hold your ground, this is a hassle we have to deal with as XL drivers.... I never allow it or babies without car seats. I deal with one of these easily every time I go out.

wk1102

So XL ping to Corner Alley bar at E 4th. I pull up and what looks like 7-8 people are huddled waiting. I quickly ask how many riders as they start to get in "I don't know. Six" says the account holder. Well, there's clearly 7 and they quickly try to stuff a 3rd passenger into the 3rd row which is a tight fit for 2 and I tell them I can only take 6. I get the "The last Uber driver said yes" crud and then he announced he would cancel if I wouldn't allow it. I said "Sure, you can cancel. No problem". They start getting out and one of their group agrees to find her own ride. Now they get back in and I stupidly allow it (as a rule, I don't transport ANY of the group when they try to break a law and try my hardest to get them charged with a cancel fee). Well, we've barely moved when the account holder starts crabbing again that I should have allowed an extra. I said it was illegal and breaks the seats. We go 2 blocks and he starts exiting the vehicle at a red light. He announces that I should finish the ride for the others and that the cost will be the same whether he's in the car or not. I continue on, and it's just a few more blocks before he cancels the trip.
He thinks he's slick, but Uber allows you to finish a trip like that (account holder authorizes trip then cancels) and then request an adjustment so I did just that. He's going to wake up to see the full price of the ride on his account meanwhile, because he cancelled, he didn't get the chance to 1 star me.
He does get the opportunity to rate you.

Only if he, or you cancelled before the trip started is the opportunity to rate you canceled.

Tim In Cleveland

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hold your ground, this is a hassle we have to deal with as XL drivers.... I never allow it or babies without car seats. I deal with one of these easily every time I go out.
They adjusted the fare from $7 to $31

He does get the opportunity to rate you.

Only if he, or you cancelled before the trip started is the opportunity to rate you canceled.
Oh, I've heard if they cancel before the driver ends the trip they can't rate you. I just tested by pinging myself and cancelling after the trip began (was less than 5 minutes though) and was not given the chance to rate.

wk1102

Oh, I've heard if they cancel before the driver ends the trip they can't rate you. I just tested by pinging myself and cancelling after the trip began (was less than 5 minutes though) and was not given the chance to rate.
Not only that, but Uber gives them the opportunity to rate you or change a rating on a fare adjustment, cleaning fee, tolls ....

Its easy and convenient for them, its right there on the receipt.

Tim In Cleveland

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not only that, but Uber gives them the opportunity to rate you or change a rating on a fare adjustment, cleaning fee, tolls ....

Its easy and convenient for them, its right there on the receipt.
That's such a nasty thing to do to drivers. Unreal how much they harass drivers.

Ozzyoz

One pax last night stole the whole pack of gum I bought which I intended for other pax to take a piece or two of. I offered her gum and she pretended she was putting the whole pack back but she secretly stole it. The pax I had after her is a current driver of Lyft so I highly doubt it's him.

SomeDrivingGuy

One pax last night stole the whole pack of gum I bought which I intended for other pax to take a piece or two of. I offered her gum and she pretended she was putting the whole pack back but she secretly stole it. The pax I had after her is a current driver of Lyft so I highly doubt it's him.
I order uber rides and take all the water, candy, gum and mints. Bonus points for free chargers. I've collected three tablets so far. Drivers never notice til their next rider or shift ends.

Besides I am doing this driver a favor by allowing them to continue to drive as I give 4*. This means I will see them again but they will have to work harder for me.

Ozzyoz

I order uber rides and take all the water, candy, gum and mints. Bonus points for free chargers. I've collected three tablets so far. Drivers never notice til their next rider or shift ends.

Besides I am doing this driver a favor by allowing them to continue to drive as I give 4*. This means I will see them again but they will have to work harder for me.
Lmao are you sure your not the PUNISHER? . It is understandable if a person also to take the whole damn pack of gum and I will just say yeah go ahead I'll just buy another for 2 bucks. But to take it after you pretend to put it back is pretty much theft to me even though it is very small it is still someone's property. I would of contacted Lyft for an unpair request but no need as I won't forget her photo and face. Integrity of character matters here. And lol you said tablets what do you mean by tablets?

SomeDrivingGuy

Lmao are you sure your not the PUNISHER? . It is understandable if a person also to take the whole damn pack of gum and I will just say yeah go ahead I'll just buy another for 2 bucks. But to take it after you pretend to put it back is pretty much theft to me even though it is very small it is still someone's property. I would of contacted Lyft for an unpair request but no need as I won't forget her photo and face. Integrity of character matters here. And lol you said tablets what do you mean by tablets?
Nope. Just stuff all the packs, candy, mints, grab two waters in each hand and mention my gf needs one and a snack.

I'm just trolling. I drive anyway. Just something I went through.